Windows 10: Windows 10 Only Works in Safe Mode

Discus and support Windows 10 Only Works in Safe Mode in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, Recently, my PC has been randomly crashing no pattern to when it crashes, typically 0-60 seconds after logging in, sometimes not for hours, no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by jkassab, Feb 4, 2020.

1. jkassab Win User

Windows 10 Only Works in Safe Mode

Hello,

Recently, my PC has been randomly crashing no pattern to when it crashes, typically 0-60 seconds after logging in, sometimes not for hours, no blue screen or error codes, the monitor just says its disconnected and the computer is unresponsive. I have tried seemingly everything -- sfc scannow, DISM, chkdsk, defender offline scan, complete reformat of SSD, reinstall of windows -- and the issue has not resolved.

I am very very confident this is not a hardware issue, most of the hardware is only a couple years old, and I have tested the RAM with memtest, the ssd with crystaldiskinfo, and unplugged the PCI components and the issue still persists. I have not exhaustively tested the PSU, CPU, or motherboard as I don't have spares. However, I believe they are not at fault as the computer never crashes in the BIOS, nor does it in Safe Mode.

My latest attempt at fixing this has been to clean boot with msconfig, but the computer still crashes shortly after Windows launches in normal mode. I feel as though my ability to debug has run its course and I need help from someone that is more familiar with the next steps.

Here is my build:

Motherboard - Asus z170 RX newest bios, I updated it a few days ago in attempt to fix the issue

CPU - Intel i7 6700k

GPU - Nvidia rtx 2080 TI

Sound card - Creative Sound Blaster Audigy

PSU - Corsair RM 1000x

SSD - Samsung 840 EVO 1TB

Please let me know any logs/further information you need, thanks.

:)

jkassab, Feb 4, 2020

2. Windows 10 is not working even in safe mode

Hi All!
    Over the past few days the start menu was not working properly and after trying to fiddle with that for a few days, i decided to reinstall windows 10. The problem with this now is that it boots up properly, but all i get is:

Windows 10 Only Works in Safe Mode windows10hero-100593399-large.png

And the only buttons i have are "Networks" and "Ease of access" in the bottom right. Nothing else. The current build i have for W10 is 10240

If anyone could give me some insight on how to fix this i would be forever grateful!
    Thanks.
    mm

Ps. Safe mode works but i want to be able to run it outside of safe mode without it looking like the picture above.

Mikeyman001, Feb 4, 2020
  3. Password not accepted in Safe mode

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community forum.

Have you tried all the above steps suggested by Sangeeta Sarkar on September 13, 2015.

I would suggest you to provide some information to help you better.

• Are you trying to login the Microsoft account or the Local account in safe mode?
    • Did you try with only safe mode or safe mode with networking?
    • What is the critical error you are getting?

If you are using Windows 10. To go to safe mode you have to follow the below steps.

If you are able to go to login screen in normal mode try the below steps to go to safe mode with networking.

• At the login screen click on the power symbol.

• Hold SHIFT + Click Restart.

• After restarting your system, select the Troubleshoot option.

• Select advanced options under
      Troubleshoot screen.

• Click on Startup Settings.

• Click Restart and follow the onscreen steps to go to
      Safe Mode with networking and check if you are able to login.

[*]
    Please get back with more information, we will be glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, Feb 4, 2020
  4. Windows 10 Only Works in Safe Mode

Boot into Safe Mode on Windows 10  

I am stuck in Safe Mode in spite of following all the suggested steps to go back to Normal Startup - Like opening file location of msconfig.exe & running as Administrator. The computer I am trying to get out of safe mode has just been updated from Windows 7.

GreatWhiteNorth, Feb 4, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Only Works in Safe Mode

1. Windows 10 Only Works in Safe Mode - Similar Threads - Works Safe Mode

2. The laptop's Display only works in Safe mode.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The laptop's Display only works in Safe mode.: Greetings, A few days back, I downloaded Citra an emulator for running 3DS games. The same day - After a few hours, my Laptop screen started glitching out. I've attached the pictures of how it looks. The glitching-out process is aberrant; Sometimes it happens immediately at...
  3. The laptop's Display only works in Safe mode.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The laptop's Display only works in Safe mode.: Greetings, A few days back, I downloaded Citra an emulator for running 3DS games. The same day - After a few hours, my Laptop screen started glitching out. I've attached the pictures of how it looks. The glitching-out process is aberrant; Sometimes it happens immediately at...
  4. PC only works in Safe Mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC only works in Safe Mode: HI,I've spent about a week trying to troubleshoot this issue. I'll try and add everything I remember I've found from research and attempted.System: R7 2700X, 16gb DDR4 3200, GTX980 Ti. WD Blue 1Tb NVME for C drive, Seagate SSHD for D game driveThe issue: on boot, my PC does...
  5. Windows 10 Only Works in Safe Mode

Windows 10 Only Works in Safe Mode: Recently my PC may have overheated using an after market cooler and a possible attempt at overclocking. I am not 100% sure if my CPU is damaged beyond repair. I notice that when my PC starts and boots up it will freeze seconds after loading windows 10. I have since put the...
  6. Windows 10 Only Starts in Safe Mode

Windows 10 Only Starts in Safe Mode: After an update, Windows 10 does not run. It begins to start up Windows logo appears, but after about 10 seconds the screen goes completely black. Windows Recovery Environment does run and Windows Safe Mode also runs. I would appreciate any help to fix this issue....
  7. Windows 10 boots only in safe mode

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 boots only in safe mode: I recently updated my laptop (HP ProBook 6470b) to windows 10. All went well , and I started to install the windows updates (just as everyone does) around a minute or so , the screen goes black. I can see the cursor , but nothing else. The windows also played some sounds. I...
  8. Windows only works in safe mode, Crash in normal mode

Windows only works in safe mode, Crash in normal mode: Hey Microsoft community! I need your knowledge right now! I rely on my PC more than ever right now while working from home and the issue I have is causing more stress than I need. The Problem For well over 4 months now, I have been experiencing a system crash that comes...
  9. Windows 10: Software Only Works In Safe/Diagnostics Mode?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10: Software Only Works In Safe/Diagnostics Mode?: Hello everyone, Just to preface everything, this may initially start like I've got trouble with particular software but as the same thing has occurred with vastly different programs, I thought the issue is a Windows one and not software-specific. I have however sought help...
  10. Windows 10: Software Only Works In Safe/Diagnostics Mode?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10: Software Only Works In Safe/Diagnostics Mode?: Hello everyone, Just to preface everything, this may initially start like I've got trouble with particular software but as the same thing has occurred with vastly different programs, I thought the issue is a Windows one and not software-specific. I have however sought help...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows only safe mode works 2020