Windows 10: windows 10 "open with" popup on startup

Discus and support windows 10 "open with" popup on startup in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I get the option to open with and then a list of programs. When i click on an option the program displays a message saying: The specified command... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by mistahshrub, Sep 30, 2019.

1. windows 10 "open with" popup on startup

I get the option to open with and then a list of programs. When i click on an option the program displays a message saying:

The specified command line parameter '/querysettings' doesn't follow required format.

Run "verifier /?" for command line assistance.

What can i do to fix this?

:)

mistahshrub, Sep 30, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 30, 2019
  3. Avedis53 Win User
    Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Sep 30, 2019
  4. JOE1865 Win User

windows 10 "open with" popup on startup

Win 2016 word automatically launch on Windows 10 startup

I have tried these two options below but they did not work.Any Ideas----------------- Steps to disable startup programs in Windows 10:
    NOT IN START UP FOLDER

1. Step 1: Click the lower-left Start button, type msconfig in the blank search box and choose msconfig to open System Configuration.
    2. Step 2: Select Startup and tap Open Task Manager.
    3. Step 3: Click a startup item and tap the bottom-right Disable button.
    I have done this in reverse and it does not work—meaning I took out word short cut

First, create a shortcut of the Document and place it on (say, Desktop).

Then, go to the following location:

Your Drive:\Users\Your Name\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup

Drop your Shortcut into the Startup folder. However, when you cold boot your computer, your Desktop will first show up and then a few seconds later the Doc should appear.

JOE1865, Sep 30, 2019
Thema:

windows 10 "open with" popup on startup

1. windows 10 "open with" popup on startup - Similar Threads - open popup startup

2. Remove popup "Get an app to open 'settings.ext.modulescreenmode' link" at startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove popup "Get an app to open 'settings.ext.modulescreenmode' link" at startup: I'm not sure what is causing this popup, but it happens after every restart. Does anyone have any idea on how to fix this? winver: Version 23H2 OS Build 22631.3447...
  3. Remove popup "Get an app to open 'settings.ext.modulescreenmode' link" at startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remove popup "Get an app to open 'settings.ext.modulescreenmode' link" at startup: I'm not sure what is causing this popup, but it happens after every restart. Does anyone have any idea on how to fix this? winver: Version 23H2 OS Build 22631.3447...
  4. netsh.exe popup on startup

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    netsh.exe popup on startup: When I start my computer, netsh always popup for a few seconds and then dissappear. I have alrady ran a virus check, but came back with no virus. Also I did a clean boost, but it didn't help as well. Is there anything I can do to stop the popup? Thanks...
  5. PowerShell opens at Startup in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    PowerShell opens at Startup in Windows 10: PowerShell is not an application that we wish to open at Startup. There are instances that users reporting that Powershell is opening at startup on Windows 10. In this guide, we have solutions to fix that issue. Generally, we use Windows PowerShell to configure, manage and...
  6. Program popup at startup

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Program popup at startup: I have a program installed that always opens a window when my computer starts up and has no start minimized option. Is there any way to make it not pop up when I start my computer but still work when I want to open it? submitted by /u/Pentakillerr [link] [comments]...
  7. cscript.exe console popup on startup

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    cscript.exe console popup on startup: Hello, it has been a week or so that I have been seeing a command prompt pop up when I start my laptop for some fraction of second < 1 second and closes out itself. I tried to record my screen from my phone and played the video in slow motion, I found out that it was...
  8. A solution to the Windows 10 multiple blank window popups on startup and login

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    A solution to the Windows 10 multiple blank window popups on startup and login: See the following weblink that shows the multiple blank popups that show up upon startup and login. This thread is locked, so I posted the solution here with a link to the screen showing what happens....
  9. Random UsoClient.exe cmd popup at startup

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Random UsoClient.exe cmd popup at startup: I have noticed this twice on my desktop. After start-up, I have seen a black, blank cmd popup saying UsoClient.exe. I think it has happened twice. I scanned the file and it is clean. Any idea what is going on? 62235
  10. Folder Opens on Startup in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Folder Opens on Startup in Windows 10: This Folder opens on Startup in Windows 10: C:\Windows\System\Speech How do I stop this? I looked under Start>All Programs>Startup.....Not there. Thanks.............Bill 47011