Windows 10: Windows 10 Open With will not change, no matter what I try

Discus and support Windows 10 Open With will not change, no matter what I try in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Help me please. I've tried registry editing, muicache deleting, ccleaning, googled it out my ears, but nothing will let me clear the open with, or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by PJGHangouts, Mar 11, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Open With will not change, no matter what I try

Help me please.

I've tried registry editing, muicache deleting, ccleaning, googled it out my ears, but nothing will let me clear the open with, or change any of the files that show in the list.

If I right click and open with, and choose a new program (with choose another app) and then pick another program and tick 'always use this app to open [ext] files' that all works, I can swap and change as I seem fit.

But, if I've got a .png associate with say Irfan view, but I want to open it in Aseprite, I don't want to go through the hassle of those extra steps to re-associate the .png with the new program just for a one off. My Open With is broken. I can't get Aseprite to stay in the Open With, I can't get any other programs to appear within the right click .png Open With.

I've read various posts about MS breaking stuff, through the updates, even about this particular issue being generated due to a update.

I have scanfc /now to check, I've rebooted (after tweaks from other websites about this issue and the registry), I've made sure windows is all up to date. I really do NOT want to be re-imaging this machine right now.

I'm very confident with the registry once I've backed it up, so I'm open to ideas.

I thought it might have been Paintshop Pro, so I uninstalled that and it still does it. I remember it used to hold a few of the last few used, but no matter what I try, it will not remember I've used Aseprite in the history? Well, not in the GUI, the registry see's it.

Can anybody help me fix my Open With?

Windows 10 Open With will not change, no matter what I try 6a868ef1-5cf6-4527-8376-035aa51fc7e4?upload=true.jpg

Windows 10 Open With will not change, no matter what I try fee9ca6c-7bac-4ba1-90ab-7a1692ed2acc?upload=true.jpg

:)

PJGHangouts, Mar 11, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 11, 2019
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Mar 11, 2019
  4. Delta6326 Win User

Windows 10 Open With will not change, no matter what I try

Delta6326, Mar 11, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Open With will not change, no matter what I try

1. Windows 10 Open With will not change, no matter what I try - Similar Threads - Open change matter

2. AppXManifest.xml cant be recovered no matter what I try

in Windows 10 Gaming
    AppXManifest.xml cant be recovered no matter what I try: I started off by not being able to download game pass games to the right drive due to "We couldn't set your default save location" so I followed many forums. I started off having Microsoft store and being able to download games though not to the right drive, but now I have a...
  3. AppXManifest.xml cant be recovered no matter what I try

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    AppXManifest.xml cant be recovered no matter what I try: I started off by not being able to download game pass games to the right drive due to "We couldn't set your default save location" so I followed many forums. I started off having Microsoft store and being able to download games though not to the right drive, but now I have a...
  4. Windows 10 20H2 Update Will Not Install No Matter What I Try

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 20H2 Update Will Not Install No Matter What I Try: I am having an issue installing the 20H2 Update and have been for a while. It is now to the point where Windows is telling me if I don't update, my current version will no longer be supported. I have been going through previous threads and answers on this forum to try and get...
  5. This folder won't delete no matter what I try

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    This folder won't delete no matter what I try: I restored a backup to my desktop and now it won't delete because it has folders like "WindowsApps" inside which won't let me change the permissions to delete. I keep getting a "You need permission to perform this action" when I try. What Can I do? submitted by /u/ls_2012...
  6. Can't change permissions on a folder no matter what I tried.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can't change permissions on a folder no matter what I tried.: I've tried all registry edits. I've tried every input to CMD/Powershell I've tried Take Ownership. noting works please help. Change button is greyed out.[IMG]...
  7. Windows 10 Settings not opening, no matter what I do.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Settings not opening, no matter what I do.: Yeah, it's not working with all the methods that were recommended, such as making a new admin user, resetting it through powershell and so on. I can't even open App Settings to fix it either. I don't know if it was me turning on 2-step authentication, but i'm starting to...
  8. Updat is not possible. No matter what i try.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Updat is not possible. No matter what i try.: I try to update Windows10 fore months now. But nothing works. Not even the windows10 on a USB and start the computer from the USB stick and repair it from there. If you ask me. I think that my computer is hacked and under control by other poeple. If my computer is in...
  9. I can not open “Internet settings”, no matter what I try on my Laptop :(

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I can not open “Internet settings”, no matter what I try on my Laptop :(: Recently my Steam has been bugging out, and I can’t open it because I need to “connect to a network”. I found a solution online that includes going into the “Internet settings” through the control panel, and changing some things around. However, whatever I do, I cannot open...
  10. windows 10 internet slow no matter what i try

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    windows 10 internet slow no matter what i try: No matter what i do, update driver go back to the previous built, uninstall reinstall etc my internet speeds are still slow . i have a 250mb connection and my other pcs are running 200mb/s no problem . but my asus g703gx is having slow internet giving from .8mb to 14mb...