Windows 10: Windows 10 opening "Access work or school" not possible

Discus and support Windows 10 opening "Access work or school" not possible in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hi! I have a weird problem for some time already. Whenever I am trying to open "Access Work or School" settings on my computer, the whole settings... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by TPoszytek, Apr 16, 2020.

1. TPoszytek Win User

Windows 10 opening "Access work or school" not possible

Hi!

I have a weird problem for some time already. Whenever I am trying to open "Access Work or School" settings on my computer, the whole settings app gets closed. Therefore I am unable to disconnect any of the existing accounts or add new work account. What can be a reason for that and how to fix it?

Regards,

Tomasz

:)

TPoszytek, Apr 16, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 16, 2020
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Apr 16, 2020
  4. Windows 10 opening "Access work or school" not possible

Can't remove a Work or School account from Windows 10

This scenario occurs when you sign in with a personal Microsoft Account, and then add a Work or School organisational (Office 365) account.

The aim is to remove a Work or School Account from the PC, so that a different Work or School account can be used.

You should be signing in with a Personal Microsoft Account, and the PC should not be on a domain to reproduce this.

Steps to repro

1. Create a login on the PC using your Personal Microsoft Account

2. Open Settings > Accounts > Access work or school

3. Click "Connect"

4. Enter the details for your Work or School Organisational Account (NOT another Personal MSA)

This will then pull down the policy etc. and link the account to Windows. Seems to work fine, but then if you want to remove the account it is impossible. Try this:

1. Open Settings > Accounts > Access work or school

2. Click on the Organisational account you added previously

3. Click on "Disconnect"

4. A prompt will appear asking if you are sure

5. Click Yes

6. A further prompt will appear asking you to disconnect from the organisation

7. Click Disconnect

8. A yellow error message says "This PC isn't joined to a domain"

This does not appear to be the correct behaviour - It should be possible to remove the account here. The message is technically correct...The device is not on a domain, but this should not stop the account being removed.

What I am trying to do, is disconnect one account and add a different one. Adding two Work or School accounts does not seem to work, so removing the old one first is the only option but this is impossible due to the above mentioned error.

Anybody know how to get around this without wiping the whole device?

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Network & internet / PC

Danieltharris, Apr 16, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 opening "Access work or school" not possible

1. Windows 10 opening "Access work or school" not possible - Similar Threads - opening Access school

2. Trying to disconnect a work or school account in "Access Work or School" but it doesn't get...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Trying to disconnect a work or school account in "Access Work or School" but it doesn't get...: I was trying to disconnect a work or school account from "Access work or school", but after I press "dicsonnect" button and seying "yes" to the pop-up warning message "Are you sure you wont to remove this account? ... it seems that system doing something and when it finishes...
  3. Windows 10 - Access work or school issue adding

Windows 10 - Access work or school issue adding: I am having issues clicking on 'connect' in Settings --> Accounts --> Access work or school. I have checked no GPO is being applied yet it says Sign in as an administrator to change device settings. [ATTACH]....
  4. "Access work or school" settings problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    "Access work or school" settings problem: Hello, I've updated to the latest 20H2 Windows version. Everytime i want to access the "Access work or school", Windows gives me a prompt saying it will reboot my computer. After 1 minute machine reboots. Please help. I have work account and i'm part of work domain....
  5. Access work or school account setting

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Access work or school account setting: If I were to connect my school account in Windows 10 account settings, is there anyway to tell what they gain access to (if anything)? I know that it can limit some of the settings you can change. submitted by /u/OptionalOxygen [link] [comments]...
  6. Access Work or School is not working

Access Work or School is not working: Hi, I have a strange problem since couple of months. I am unable to access "Access Work or School" setting on my computer. Whenever I click on the menu to open them, settings window is shutting down. I tried switching from my Microsoft account to local account, but still no...
  7. Access work or school & Email accounts

Access work or school & Email accounts: What is the difference in connecting a work or school account under "access work or school" tab in settings vs adding a work or school account under "Email & Accounts">"Accounts used by other apps" tabs in settings. They seem similar, but do they have different end points...
  8. Sign in to access school or work

Sign in to access school or work: I've been getting this pop up window for almost a month now and no matter what I try to do it won't go away. [ATTACH] It will appear just randomly in the middle of whatever I'm doing on my laptop at the moment and I've tried to sign in about 20 times already. When I...
  9. Access Work or School - Monitoring

Access Work or School - Monitoring: Hello, I have discovered the Access Work or School setting in Windows 10 on my Surface. I use it to access my OneNote. When I login to the services it tells me that it gives my work a level of access to my device for management purposes. What access does this give my work...
  10. Access to work or school

Access to work or school: So hey i was wondering if i had 2 windows local users and both are connected to a email in the access work or school thing, if i disconnect the email will both of the user accounts disconnect from the email because i only want 1 user to disconnect but im afraid the other user...