Windows 10: Windows 10 opening multiple copies of each program,

Discus and support Windows 10 opening multiple copies of each program, in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Windows 10 computer is opening multiple copies of each program I open: 3 Discord, 5 Chrom, 11 Twitch. 2 One Note. to name a few. I just applied the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by stephanievillasenor1, May 4, 2021.

1. Windows 10 opening multiple copies of each program,

Windows 10 computer is opening multiple copies of each program I open: 3 Discord, 5 Chrom, 11 Twitch. 2 One Note. to name a few. I just applied the latest update and it didnt help. Any thoughts how to recitify this? its causing massive slowdown and lagging. Thanks,

:)

stephanievillasenor1, May 4, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 4, 2021
  3. Bumper Win User
    Multiple windows 10 copies.

So what, the question has nothing to do with 7 or the legalities, it has to do with if he can with 10, I suggest you read the question, although why anyone would want more than one copy of 10 is beyond me. I doubt MS will be sending out a helicopter and a sniper because he has more than one copy as a duel boot.

Regards Sir

Bumper, May 4, 2021
  4. Windows 10 opening multiple copies of each program,

i cant open multiple apps on windows 10

Hi Jacklyn,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10. 

I understand the inconvenience that you are facing on Windows 10, we will certainly help you with this issue. 

In order to assist you better, I would like to know the following queries:

• What happens when you try to open multiple apps?

• What exact error message are you get when you try to open multiple apps?

• Are you referring to Windows app or Desktop app?

I would suggest you to try the steps below and check if it helps:

• Open multiple apps that you want.

• Right click on the task bar.

• From the jump menu select Show all windows side by side.
    I also suggest you to run app troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store

Please get back to us with the above information, so that we can assist you better.

Thank you.

JuzarAli1709, May 4, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 opening multiple copies of each program,

1. Windows 10 opening multiple copies of each program, - Similar Threads - opening multiple copies

2. Windows 10 Opening Multiple MP3 in wrong program

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Opening Multiple MP3 in wrong program: I have the .mp3 file extension associate with WinAmp. I have a folder with 28 MP3 files in it. If I double-click and/or select a single MP3 file and hit enter, the file opens in WinAmp as expected, always. If I select all 28 mp3 files in the directory and press enter,...
  3. Multiple copies of new Email opening

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Multiple copies of new Email opening: Win ver 2004 OOS Build 19041.572 Hi Just installed Win 10 pro on new laptop, installed Microsoft Office 2016 and noticed if I open an email link on a website, it opens Outlook and creates new email as it should do. However, it then proceeds in quick succession to produce...
  4. Multiple copies of new Email opening

in Windows 10 Support
    Multiple copies of new Email opening: Win ver 2004 OOS Build 19041.572 Hi Just installed Win 10 pro on new laptop, installed Microsoft Office 2016 and noticed if I open an email link on a website, it opens Outlook and creates new email as it should do. However, it then proceeds in quick succession to produce...
  5. Multiple Programs not Opening and Update problems

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Multiple Programs not Opening and Update problems: It all started few days ago . My desktop was contiunously refreshing . I saw a video and stopped 2 services from running. Then it stopped refreshing. But was not able to open file explorer . Thought it was due to some update error and tried to update windows after disc...
  6. Windows Installer running each time a program is opened

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Installer running each time a program is opened: I've seen a number of google and community posts on fixing the installer from running each time a program is opened. Rather than running a reg edit or doing a repair from the command prompt, first try to fix it with the preinstalled Microsoft features. 1 Go to Apps and...
  7. multiple copies of windows 10

multiple copies of windows 10: I have windows 10, and windows 10.old on (D:) and windows 10 on (C:). (D:) windows was installed 2018..... (C:) was installed 2019 and is version 1903. I don't know the version on (D:) How to remove the OS and old OS on (D:)?...
  8. Multiple copies of programs launched with browers

Multiple copies of programs launched with browers: when I launch Firefox or Internet Explorer Task Manager runs 4 copies of the browser at different resource use. How do I launch only 1 instance?...
  9. CPU always at 100%; multiple copies of programs

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    CPU always at 100%; multiple copies of programs: I have several issues going on and wanted to see if anyone has an idea of what could be going on. I'm technically unsavvy so unsure if I have malware, or when things are just normal, etc. I had a cyberstalking ex a few years ago so am a bit paranoid at times. Firstly, when I...
  10. Multiple windows 10 copies.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Multiple windows 10 copies.: So now Windows 10 is linked to my hardware and no license key is required. So I can install windows 10 as many times as I want on the one machine in a dual boot environment? 47611