Windows 10: Windows 10 Opening Multiple MP3 in wrong program

Discus and support Windows 10 Opening Multiple MP3 in wrong program in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have the .mp3 file extension associate with WinAmp. I have a folder with 28 MP3 files in it. If I double-click and/or select a single MP3 file... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Thump45a, Mar 25, 2021.

1. Thump45a Win User

Windows 10 Opening Multiple MP3 in wrong program

I have the .mp3 file extension associate with WinAmp.

I have a folder with 28 MP3 files in it.

If I double-click and/or select a single MP3 file and hit enter, the file opens in WinAmp as expected, always.

If I select all 28 mp3 files in the directory and press enter, the files open in Windows Media Player, always.

If I select any set of MP3 files between 2 and 27, sequentially or non-sequentially in the directory I get a random result of the files sometimes opening in WinAmp and sometimes opening in Windows Media Player. I am unable to determine any pattern to when it opens them in a specific program. I have tried randomly selecting different lists, then repeating that same list a few tries later and have seen the opposite result.

Bug?

Windows 10 Pro 20H2 19042.867

:)

Thump45a, Mar 25, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 25, 2021
  3. eselick Win User
    Clicking on MP3 file opens associated program with a different mp3

Hi all
    I'm running Windows 10.0.18362 Build 18362 on an ASUS Zenbook Model UX430UAR 16 gb
    I've associated Transcribe by Seventh String software with mp3 files however clicking on any mp3 file in explorer always opens the program with the first mp3 I originally opened many months ago.
    I've tried undoing and redoing the mp3 to program association many times and it doesn't help.
    The only way I can open the mp3 I want to play is to use the program's file open dialog and find it again in the open dialog.
    Any ideas?

eselick, Mar 25, 2021
  4. Windows 10 Opening Multiple MP3 in wrong program

i cant open multiple apps on windows 10

Hi Jacklyn,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10. 

I understand the inconvenience that you are facing on Windows 10, we will certainly help you with this issue. 

In order to assist you better, I would like to know the following queries:

• What happens when you try to open multiple apps?

• What exact error message are you get when you try to open multiple apps?

• Are you referring to Windows app or Desktop app?

I would suggest you to try the steps below and check if it helps:

• Open multiple apps that you want.

• Right click on the task bar.

• From the jump menu select Show all windows side by side.
    I also suggest you to run app troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store

Please get back to us with the above information, so that we can assist you better.

Thank you.

JuzarAli1709, Mar 25, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 Opening Multiple MP3 in wrong program

1. Windows 10 Opening Multiple MP3 in wrong program - Similar Threads - Opening Multiple MP3

2. Turn off autoplay for Mp3 in an email & open multiple players

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Turn off autoplay for Mp3 in an email & open multiple players: I have clients that send me their mp3 auditions via email. I want to be able to open them but NOT have them start to autoplay. Sometimes I need to open 2 or more files and I want to be able to go back and forth to listen to them. In other words - I want more than one player...
  3. Windows 10 goes crazy opening and closing the wrong programs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 goes crazy opening and closing the wrong programs: I have had this issue since I installed Windows 10 and it is driving me insane.Every couple of weeks or so, my PC goes crazy for no reason, switching the mouse clicks to open and close the wrong programs, while freezing some other programs.I click to close Outlook - it closes...
  4. Windows 10 goes crazy opening and closing the wrong programs

Windows 10 goes crazy opening and closing the wrong programs: I have had this issue since I installed Windows 10 and it is driving me insane.Every couple of weeks or so, my PC goes crazy for no reason, switching the mouse clicks to open and close the wrong programs, while freezing some other programs.I click to close Outlook - it closes...
  5. Windows 10 goes crazy opening and closing the wrong programs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Windows 10 opening multiple copies of each program,

Windows 10 opening multiple copies of each program,: Windows 10 computer is opening multiple copies of each program I open: 3 Discord, 5 Chrom, 11 Twitch. 2 One Note. to name a few. I just applied the latest update and it didnt help. Any thoughts how to recitify this? its causing massive slowdown and lagging. Thanks,...
  7. Clicking on MP3 file opens associated program with a different mp3

Clicking on MP3 file opens associated program with a different mp3: Hi all I'm running Windows 10.0.18362 Build 18362 on an ASUS Zenbook Model UX430UAR 16 gb I've associated Transcribe by Seventh String software with mp3 files however clicking on any mp3 file in explorer always opens the program with the first mp3 I originally opened many...
  8. keyboard opens wrong programs

keyboard opens wrong programs: My Asus ROG Maximus PC ( Asus ROG Claymore keyboard ) started to work incorrectly because when I try to type using the keyboard it opens different programs instead of typing. I scanned my computer because I thought the issue is caused by malware or virus. However the virus...
  9. Windows 10 opens DVDs with wrong program

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 opens DVDs with wrong program: VLC is set to be the default player in the settings for every format. When I insert a DVD into the drive, it autostarts with VLC, no problem there. However, when I double-click on DVDs in the file explorer, they open with Cyberlink PowerDVD instead. There's also no option to...
  10. MP3 repair program

MP3 repair program: Hi there Any of you music buffs know of any software that can attempt (decently) to repair an mp3 file -- I've got one track which seems to have a few seconds corrupted after about 30 secs into the track -- is there any way to edit off that small piece -- the track is from...