Windows 10: Windows 10 opening pop-up window in background behind main window, failed to focus on pop-up

Discus and support Windows 10 opening pop-up window in background behind main window, failed to focus on pop-up in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, Windows 10 introduced the known and well distributed issue with pop-up dialog windows, which are not focused on top of all other windows, but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Andrej Pirman, Oct 27, 2019.

1. Windows 10 opening pop-up window in background behind main window, failed to focus on pop-up

Hi,

Windows 10 introduced the known and well distributed issue with pop-up dialog windows, which are not focused on top of all other windows, but rather they stay in background, hidden behind the active window.

So many times customers call me: "I cannot access some web page" or "My certificate is not working"...

When I connect to end-user remotely, I see, that users simply does not notice task bar with one additional icon, or in some cases, user has taskbar minimized and they are really not aware of some pop-up window in background.

Is this specific to Slovenian Windows 10 version?

Or even worse, specific to a dozen of users which somehow all call me for help?

Or why does MS not fix this issue in all those years?

Se for example this Credentials pop-up:

Windows 10 opening pop-up window in background behind main window, failed to focus on pop-up 9c546ae2-13a2-4a2f-a22b-b52d20b0298d?upload=true.png

I need to click on Tackbar icon to bring pop-up to the front:

Windows 10 opening pop-up window in background behind main window, failed to focus on pop-up dedf8db6-c2c9-4cb4-9fee-5a59743fcc70?upload=true.png

:)

Andrej Pirman, Oct 27, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 27, 2019
  3. jds21 Win User
    Windows Updates failed to instal

I just did step one and they have just all installed.... thank you so much.... it was quite frustrating having that update window pop up every 5 minutes and failing to instal every time

Thanks mate

jds21, Oct 27, 2019
  4. newtekie1 Win User

Windows 10 opening pop-up window in background behind main window, failed to focus on pop-up

Weird CMD windows popping up

Process Explorer

Leave it running in the background. It will track everything running on the system, but when a process closes Process Explorer highlights it red and leaves it visable for awhile. So when the window pops up, switch over to Process Explorer quickly and see what is red before it disappears.

newtekie1, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 opening pop-up window in background behind main window, failed to focus on pop-up

1. Windows 10 opening pop-up window in background behind main window, failed to focus on pop-up - Similar Threads - opening pop window

2. Windows tray pop up not opening

in Cortana
    Windows tray pop up not opening: Hi,I am not able to open the system tray popup, when I click on any of the tray items, pop up is not opening, and not able to type any text in search text box as well and clicking on Start button also not opening up the pop up.Thanks,Peter...
  3. Windows tray pop up not opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows tray pop up not opening: Hi,I am not able to open the system tray popup, when I click on any of the tray items, pop up is not opening, and not able to type any text in search text box as well and clicking on Start button also not opening up the pop up.Thanks,Peter...
  4. Windows tray pop up not opening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Pop up window

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Pop up window: I get a pop up window which says to sign in to my office account I have signed in to my original account and use office account in other PC the pop up is very annoying and pops while doing projects i tried disabling notifications and block pop up but it didn't work. So please...
  6. Pop-Up Windows

in Windows 10 Customization
    Pop-Up Windows: Hy, i have the problem that my iPhone has connectivity issues and at first connecting to my laptop i gave persmission to open files n stuff. Now when it connects and reconnects all the time the photos pop up all the time. How do i stop this, like how do i change the...
  7. Pop up window

Pop up window: Window is C:\Windows\Systems32\cmd.exe FINDSTR: Cannot open c:\ProgramData\acer\updater2\updater2.xml The system cannot find the path specified. Cannot access file C:\Program Files\DriverSetupUtility\FUB\+ FINDSTR: Cannot open c:\ProgramData\packard...
  8. pop up windows

pop up windows: all of my pop up windows are too small. what do I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pop-up-windows/22346479-6e43-446d-9d22-e262505ee61a
  9. Win10 1809 pop up window behind main window, same problem opening a new application.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win10 1809 pop up window behind main window, same problem opening a new application.: This problem started after updating from latest 1803 build to the released 1809 build 17763.1. It also happens with a fresh 1809 install so it is definitely a bug in 1809. I tried on 5 different desktops and laptops. I see many different cases where a new window opens up...
  10. Pop-ups are appearing behind parent window

in Windows 10 Support
    Pop-ups are appearing behind parent window: Hi all, Since installing 10, whenever |I open a pop-up window (e.g. right-click, properties dialog, the copy/move/delete progress window etc), they open behind the main parent window. Any ideas how to change this? Thanks TD 14318

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 popup window in background

2. windows 10 pop ups behind