Windows 10: Windows 10 opens each newly scanned document, I prefer it save the document not open it.

Discus and support Windows 10 opens each newly scanned document, I prefer it save the document not open it. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My new Windows 10 PC will open each newly scanned document in Adobe reader rather than automatically saving it in the pictures folder as my Windows 7... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by TimH250, Jul 14, 2020.

1. TimH250 Win User

Windows 10 opens each newly scanned document, I prefer it save the document not open it.

My new Windows 10 PC will open each newly scanned document in Adobe reader rather than automatically saving it in the pictures folder as my Windows 7 would do. I don't want it opened after it is scanned since I have to close it and navigate to the default location and rename it.

The printer is a Dell H815dw.

Thank you!

:)

TimH250, Jul 14, 2020

2. How to save a scanned document as PDF

Hi Chuck.

There are some options that you can do to save the scanned documents to PDF file. You may follow these steps:

• Copy the scanned document.
    • Open Word, then paste it.
    • Click File > Save As > Choose the location where you want to save it.
    • On Save as type, choose PDF > Save.

Feel free to let us know if you need further assistance.

Rachelle Gra, Jul 14, 2020
  3. Atnevon Win User
    Windows boots, My Documents auto opens. WTF?

Good morning TPU,

Well the title is the problem as you can guess.

Basically, from what the user told me is this: They did a virus scan. After they got rid of some crap, the My Documents would open as soon as Windows XP is loaded.

Its a P.O.S lappy that needs a reformat bad. It basically been mySpaced and "I know who sent me the email, so I opened it" to hell.

If i can just solve the My Documents issue, I'll leave it at that. I don;t feel like reformatting and installing Windows again over my Thanksgiving Break.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Happy Thanksgiving TPU!
    -Andrew

Atnevon, Jul 14, 2020
  4. curt jugg Win User

Windows 10 opens each newly scanned document, I prefer it save the document not open it.

Can't open scanned document in Public Documents folder

My wife and I have administrator accounts on the same computer. I recently scanned a document and saved the scan in the Public Documents folder ( I have public folder sharing turned on). I can open the scanned document without a problem but when my wife tries to open it she receives the following comment: "It appears that you don't have permission to view this file. Check the permissions and try again." When I email the scanned document to her she can open it in the normal way. Is this normal or could it be something to do with the recent April update? Grateful for any advice.

curt jugg, Jul 14, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 opens each newly scanned document, I prefer it save the document not open it. - Similar Threads - opens each newly

2. windows wont open a scanned document

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows wont open a scanned document: i was able to scan a document and it was finebut when I went to open it in windows it said upload failedit worked fine yesterday so any ideas what this might caused by...
  3. windows wont open a scanned document

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows wont open a scanned document: i was able to scan a document and it was finebut when I went to open it in windows it said upload failedit worked fine yesterday so any ideas what this might caused by...
  4. windows wont open a scanned document

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. saving a scanned document

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    saving a scanned document: ever since I upgraded to windows 10 my scanner saves my documents to Onedrive and makes them impossible to find. I uninstalled Onedrive but my scans are still being saved in Onedrive. How do I change that?...
  6. Can't open scanned documents

Can't open scanned documents: I'm running on Windows 10 and can scan from printer with no problem, however I am unable to open the file from SCANS-it just continuously runs. I also found that I cannot open my SYSTEMS app. Thanks for any suggestions/help....
  7. Opening documents saved in Word

Opening documents saved in Word: Hello I have many documents created in Open Office but saved as Word docs so they can be sent to others in a readable form. Suddenly they no can no longer be opened and any attempt to do so brings up a window stating that 'You are trying to use Office but you don't have...
  8. SAVING SCANNED DOCUMENTS

SAVING SCANNED DOCUMENTS: I HAVE RECENTLY SCANNED A DOCUMENT AND SAVED IT. IT DOES NOT APPEAR TO BE IN MY DOCUMENTS FILE. CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHY? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/saving-scanned-documents/d684a970-0399-4422-ab9a-885e91ad5d9f"
  9. Unable to save scan documents to preferred location

Unable to save scan documents to preferred location: My Epson scaner would save the scans in C:\Users\Andrew\Pictures\Scans. So I created a new folder C:\Users\Andrew\Scans, and it worked. Any idea what happened. Anything I can look at. Did a Windows update change something, because this is not the only issue I have had...
  10. Can't open scanned document in Public Documents folder

Can't open scanned document in Public Documents folder: My wife and I have administrator accounts on the same computer. I recently scanned a document and saved the scan in the Public Documents folder ( I have public folder sharing turned on). I can open the scanned document without a problem but when my wife tries to open it she...