Windows 10: Windows 10 operating system & boot drive on different drives...

Discus and support Windows 10 operating system & boot drive on different drives... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Windows keeps installing boot drive and operating system onto different drives... Is there any way of installing boot and operating system onto one... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Br4ndz, Feb 1, 2019.

1. Br4ndz Win User

Windows 10 operating system & boot drive on different drives...

Windows keeps installing boot drive and operating system onto different drives...

Is there any way of installing boot and operating system onto one hard drive without disconnecting all the other hard drives internally?

What are the pro's and con's of this configuration?

Can you move the boot drive onto system drive hdd? (no 3rd party methods please)

:)

Br4ndz, Feb 1, 2019
  2. puma99dk| Win User

Windows 10 boot drive

Why do u even want a HDD/SSD that's 3TB for a operation system?

puma99dk|, Feb 1, 2019
  3. sttubs Win User
    Windows 10 boot drive

Is Windows 10 also limited to a max of 3Tb for a boot drive?

sttubs, Feb 1, 2019
  4. Windows 10 operating system & boot drive on different drives...

Windows 7 booting off wrong drive?!?!?

Please move if this is in the wrong place.

I have two hard drives, a 1.5TB drive, and a 160GB drive. Windows is installed on the 1.5TB drive, as are all my files and programs. The 160GB drive has a bunch of old files, and apparently the bootmgr and boot folder. Nothing else is on the 160GB drive, other than media files etc.

If I remove the 160GB drive from the machine, windows refuses to boot, plug it back in, it works fine. The setup with two hard drives I have now is temporary, as the 160GB drive will go into another machine.

My question is, can someone give me a step by step on how to make windows force to boot off the 1.5TB drive, ignoring the 160GB drive in the boot process completely?
    I don't know how to do this in Windows 7, on XP I would just run the /fixmbr command and its related ones.

Any help would be appreciated.

Note: I would really really rather not have to wipe and reinstall, I know it can be done without one as I've had this issue with XP before.

speedy11131, Feb 1, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 operating system & boot drive on different drives...

1. Windows 10 operating system & boot drive on different drives... - Similar Threads - operating system boot

2. Operating System on D drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Operating System on D drive: I somehow partitioned the drive and now all files are on D:. Of course the laptop won't boot up.Can I merely copy all files from D: to C: and delete D? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/operating-system-on-d-drive/bc606cfb-d323-4662-bdde-e011a75d8209
  3. Operating System on D drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Operating System on D drive: I somehow partitioned the drive and now all files are on D:. Of course the laptop won't boot up.Can I merely copy all files from D: to C: and delete D? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/operating-system-on-d-drive/bc606cfb-d323-4662-bdde-e011a75d8209
  4. Operating System on D drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. My Operating Systems Use Different Drive Letters

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My Operating Systems Use Different Drive Letters: I reinstalled both of my operating systems, both on separate SSDs. Western Digital Blue, 250GB. What one calls C drive the other calls D drive and vice versa. I don't know if this is a great problem, but there seems no way to change my C drives to D or voce versa....
  6. Dual Boot Windows 10 On Different Drives

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dual Boot Windows 10 On Different Drives: I would just like to get confirmation on whether it is possible or not to dual boot two Windows 10 installations on separate drives with the same boot manager. For information I have tried using bcdedit and EasyBCD, and it works flawlessly on two partitions on thesame...
  7. Old operating system on other drive, how to boot it?

in Windows 10 Support
    Old operating system on other drive, how to boot it?: I've installed Win10 on SSD (which goes straight to motherboard) and I have an old system on SSD which is 2,5" (?) which I connect to motherboard with a cable, it's meant for laptops but never used anywhere but in my desktop. It had a working operating system but when I got a...
  8. One Computer Using 2 Different Operating Systems On 2 Different Drives And Boot Manger

One Computer Using 2 Different Operating Systems On 2 Different Drives And Boot Manger: The goal is to be able to boot from either of the two operating systems from the boot manger but i don't know how to do this do i have to install OS on one then unplug that HDD then install the OS on the other HDD any help and how do i get boot Boot Manger to work right?...
  9. System/Boot files on different drives

in Windows 10 Support
    System/Boot files on different drives: New to these forums and hoping someone can help with my issue. I have a homebuilt machine that had Win7 ultimate running on a 150GB HDD. I cloned it some time ago to a 500 GB HDD. Then I changed to Win10 Pro (first upgraded to Win8 and then immediately to Win10) and all...
  10. Windows Boot and Windows on different drives

Windows Boot and Windows on different drives: Before installing Windows 10 I clean reinstalled my Windows 7 onto a new SSD but inadvertently left my BIOS boot drive as my old HDD. Now I find that I have my windows 10 boot files in the HDD and the rest of the OS on the SSD, so I am still dependant on that old HDD. It's...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 boot different drive

2. windows 10 systemm boot on different drive