Windows 10: windows 10 operating system not booting up

Discus and support windows 10 operating system not booting up in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; can you buy a new hard drive for your existing computer if it won't boot any more? I purchased dell inspiron 3668 with windows 10 64bit operating... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by R&SWellman, Nov 19, 2019.

1. windows 10 operating system not booting up

can you buy a new hard drive for your existing computer if it won't boot any more? I purchased dell inspiron 3668 with windows 10 64bit operating system and during a restore, it did not finish and now doesn't work.

:)

R&SWellman, Nov 19, 2019

2. Error: "An operating system wasn't found. Try disconnecting any drives that don't contain an operating system"

Hi Stephen,

I realize the inconvenience you are facing in accessing the operating system. Now that you have me with you let me take care of this.

Do let us know if you are able to see Windows 7/ Windows 10 operating system while rebooting the device?

As you are unable to boot the operating system, this issue might have occurred when the boot files are missing or corrupted.

I suggest you re-built the boot rec by following the below commands and check if it helps.
    You will have to use Windows 10/7 installation media to follow the steps to boot into Recovery Environment and try to rebuild BCD.

Step 1: I suggest you to create an installation media for
    operating system using the media creation tool

If system boots to Windows 10:
    Installing Windows 10 using the media creation tool

If system boots to Windows 7: Download Windows 7 Disc Images (ISO Files)

Step 2: After preparing the installation media, insert it hard reboot the device and follow the below:

• Boot into Windows Recovery Environment using the Windows 10/7 installation media.
    • Click on Repair your computer.
    • Click on Troubleshoot and in the Advanced options.
    • Select Command Prompt. Type the following commands into the prompt and press Enter key after each command.
    • bootrec /fixmbr

• bootrec /fixboot

• bootrec /scanos

• bootrec /rebuildbcd
    5. Restart the computer.

NOTE: Modifying BIOS/ complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) settings incorrectly can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting
    from the configuring of BIOS/CMOS settings can be solved. Modifications of the settings are at your own risk.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of booting the operating system for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Nov 19, 2019
  3. Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Nov 19, 2019
  4. puma99dk| Win User

windows 10 operating system not booting up

Windows 10 boot drive

Why do u even want a HDD/SSD that's 3TB for a operation system?

puma99dk|, Nov 19, 2019
Thema:

windows 10 operating system not booting up

1. windows 10 operating system not booting up - Similar Threads - operating system booting

2. Windows 10 operating system

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 operating system: Hello, I am encountering a persistent issue with my Windows 10 operating system where my computer frequently freezes and becomes unresponsive, requiring a manual reboot to regain functionality. This problem occurs sporadically and seems to be unrelated to any specific task or...
  3. Windows 10 operating system

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 operating system: Hello, I am encountering a persistent issue with my Windows 10 operating system where my computer frequently freezes and becomes unresponsive, requiring a manual reboot to regain functionality. This problem occurs sporadically and seems to be unrelated to any specific task or...
  4. Windows 10 operating system

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 operating system: Is it possible to install a windows operating system from a xbox to computer by using a usb to usb cable? Like download the operating system onto the xbox and transfer it?...
  5. Windows 10 Operating System

Windows 10 Operating System: I would like to upgrade from Windows 7 to 10 for home use. Can you tell me what: • Version you recommend and send me the link • Does Microsoft have a App to check windows system spec to make sure Windows 10 will work on computer before purchasing - Send link...
  6. Windows 10 Operating System

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Operating System: More of a statement than a question, I suppose. After the most recent Windows update earlier this month, my hard drive crashed. Every single time an update comes through I have to uninstall it and wait for a fix meanwhile spending hours of my own time tech supporting this...
  7. Windows unable to boot/load the operating system

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows unable to boot/load the operating system: I have a Dell computer which i have a 500gb harddisk where i have installed my operating system in GPT partition scheme so its a uefi system. So recently i transfered my harddisk to a hp computer to use it as an external storage to transfer some files but it wont let...
  8. Windows 10 operating system & boot drive on different drives...

Windows 10 operating system & boot drive on different drives...: Windows keeps installing boot drive and operating system onto different drives... Is there any way of installing boot and operating system onto one hard drive without disconnecting all the other hard drives internally? What are the pro's and con's of this configuration?...
  9. adding Windows 10 as dual boot operating system

adding Windows 10 as dual boot operating system: I'd like to add Windows 10 (USB home version) as dual boot operating system. Simple reason is because I'm using software (Vista sp2) that doesn't offer driver support for M-audio devices (Firewire 1814) in conjunction with ProTools for Win 10; and still need to use it....
  10. Switch Operating Systems In Dual-Boot System

Switch Operating Systems In Dual-Boot System: Dual-boot system Partition C:\ = Windows 10 Pro Partition E:\ = Windows 7 Pro Would it be possible to switch the OSs? I have applications to clone one partition to another but my concern are the already installed apps being functional. Did a Google search and all I found...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. www.hp.com/go/techcenter/startup