Windows 10: Windows 10 Optional Feature installation Failed

Discus and support Windows 10 Optional Feature installation Failed in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi , i am using windows 10 ( update 1803) . i am getting installation failure message 'Something happened and we couldnt install a feature'... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by SanthoshCS, Sep 6, 2018.

1. SanthoshCS Win User

Windows 10 Optional Feature installation Failed

Hi ,

i am using windows 10 ( update 1803) . i am getting installation failure message 'Something happened and we couldnt install a feature' message continuously for last couple of months.. on checking the history i could see it was trying to install some feature for English GB and that is what is getting failed. My machine language settings and locale is set to GB but still i keep getting this . Any help much appreciated.

:)

SanthoshCS, Sep 6, 2018
  2. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Sep 6, 2018
  3. jds21 Win User
    Windows Updates failed to instal

I just did step one and they have just all installed.... thank you so much.... it was quite frustrating having that update window pop up every 5 minutes and failing to instal every time

Thanks mate

jds21, Sep 6, 2018
  4. exodusprime1337 Win User

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Sep 6, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Optional Feature installation Failed - Similar Threads - Optional Feature installation

2. Optional features

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Optional features: Hello , We are facing issue with the optional features . All are downloading automatically and failing. Daily we are getting popup twice or thrice a day related to optional features. Can you help out me...
  3. Optional Features Failing to Install - Win10 1809 - Domain Computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Optional Features Failing to Install - Win10 1809 - Domain Computer: I'm an early implementer of the October 2018 Release. I'm also the sys admin and need the full compliment of RSAT applications. These used to be installed after the upgrade was finished as standalone apps. With 1809, they are all to be installed as Optional Features. If...
  4. remove optional features in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    remove optional features in Windows 10: How do I remove the optional language features in Windows 10 v 1803? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/remove-optional-features-in-windows-10/01bd1ba9-adca-4641-9c54-306f84184157
  5. Installing Windows 10 feature 1803 failed

Installing Windows 10 feature 1803 failed: I have tried to install feature 1803 six times now with no success. One time standalone with USB. Install gets to second restart and wheel stops spinning and hangs. I have to power off and restart then install recovery fails. It then backs out to prior version successfully. I...
  6. non-stop auto try/fail install four UNWANTED "Optional Features"

in Windows 10 Support
    non-stop auto try/fail install four UNWANTED "Optional Features": I have refreshed WinX v. 1703 and it has been trying non-stop to add and install several language "Optional Features" that I absolutely do not want! Action Center msg "There was a problem and could not install ..." coming maybe 20 times/day!! How can I get WinX to "cease &...
  7. Windows 10 optional features not installing

Windows 10 optional features not installing: Updates install just fine but optional features like fonts etc. don't. [img] My OS is in Finnis, but it says: Language settings, download failed, more information. 16152
  8. Manage Optional Features in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Manage Optional Features in Windows 10: Thanks for this Shawn. It's a shame that everything is just on one list. I was looking for the Insider Hub and almost missed it in among all those language features. 7565
  9. Optional features in Windows 10 cannot install

in Windows 10 Support
    Optional features in Windows 10 cannot install: I am having trouble installing optional features from Settings -> System -> Apps & Features -> Manage Optional Features? If I select any feature to install whether it is .NET Framework 3.5 or a language pack, all that happens is the view refreshes and the feature isn't...
  10. Optional Feature that I don't want keeps trying to Install and failing

in Windows 10 Support
    Optional Feature that I don't want keeps trying to Install and failing: https://media.giphy.com/media/xUPGch...p5HW/giphy.gif Hi, I have had this annoying problem always with Windows 10. I am from Finland, and I use English Windows. I have set-up my Windows so that I have Finnish Keyboard and English UI. However, for some reason this...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 fails to install optional feature