Windows 10: Windows 10 optional update causes computer to ignore printer & mouse,

Discus and support Windows 10 optional update causes computer to ignore printer & mouse, in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi everybody!!! I'm Keith and I'm new here, would appreciate any advice or wisdom you care to share. Has anyone else had or heard of this experience:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Keithorino, Nov 22, 2020.

1. Windows 10 optional update causes computer to ignore printer & mouse,

Hi everybody!!! I'm Keith and I'm new here, would appreciate any advice or wisdom you care to share. Has anyone else had or heard of this experience: Last week I was fiddling with Windows 10 (Version 2004, OS Build 19041.630) updates and noticed there were "optional" updates available. So I tried one, I don't remember which one it was, but next session neither the printer nor the mouse were recognized by the computer. I eventually got the printer back to being recognized by going to the Epson software and running a diagnostic routine. I still haven't figured out how to get the mouse recognized again. Anyone have any ideas???

:)

Keithorino, Nov 22, 2020

2. Windows 10 optional update causes computer to ignore printer & mouse,

Hi everybody!!! I'm Keith and I'm new here, would appreciate any advice or wisdom you care to share. Has anyone else had or heard of this experience: Last week I was fiddling with Windows 10 (Version 2004, OS Build 19041.630) updates and noticed there were "optional" updates available. So I tried one, I don't remember which one it was, but next session neither the printer nor the mouse were recognized by the computer. I eventually got the printer back to being recognized by going to the Epson software and running a diagnostic routine. I still haven't figured out how to get the mouse recognized again. Anyone have any ideas???

Keithorino, Nov 22, 2020
  3. dalchina Win User
    Windows 10 optional update causes computer to ignore printer & mouse,

Hi, are you virtually unable to use your PC lacking a mouse? Or is your touchpad still working?

Driver updates are now optional, so that's one possibility.

If you look at your Update History you should be able to see what was installed when.

I note e.g. these are optional
    Direct Download links for Windows 10 KB4571744 (Build 19041.488)

Windows 10 KB4577063 (Build 19041.546) released with major fixes
    Normally you can uninstall updates, so that might be an option.

Another possibility would be to try using an appropriate System Restore point if you have one.

Failing that, restore your system from a previously created disk image if you have no other alternative. (The routine use of disk imaging is recommended time and again here so users can rescue themselves from difficult situations).
    E.g. Macrium Reflect (free-paid) + large enough external storage.

dalchina, Nov 22, 2020
  4. Windows 10 optional update causes computer to ignore printer & mouse,

Windows 10 update cause printer problem with: "Printer not activated - Error - 20"

Hi John,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing the printer after the Windows Update, we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • How is the printer connected to the computer, locally or through network?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve this issue?

I suggest you to try the below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to update the drivers for printer and check.

• Right click on the Start button from the desktop and select
      Device Manager.

• Locate and expand Print queue.

• Right-click on the printer driver
      that is listed and click Update driver software.

Step 2: I suggest you to run the printer troubleshooter from
    Fix printer problems
    and then check if this fixes the issue.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue and required information, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Nov 22, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 optional update causes computer to ignore printer & mouse,

1. Windows 10 optional update causes computer to ignore printer & mouse, - Similar Threads - optional update causes

2. Windows 10 update causing mouse stutter

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 update causing mouse stutter: Despite trying every way I can think of to prevent Windows from automatically updating it somehow keeps enabling itself. Forgetting all the work I keep losing when windows forces my computer to restart without my permission, the most recent update I've gotten is causing my...
  3. Windows 10 Update Causing BSOD - *NOT* printer related

Windows 10 Update Causing BSOD - *NOT* printer related: I have had my PC on auto update since I built it in June 2020. I have never had any problems with it auto updating and I know there are security updates daily. There's an update that requires my PC to restart, and when it does restart, it makes it to 100% then the frowny face...
  4. Windows 10 optional update causes computer to ignore printer & mouse,

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 optional update causes computer to ignore printer & mouse,: Hi everybody!!! I'm Keith and I'm new here, would appreciate any advice or wisdom you care to share. Has anyone else had or heard of this experience: Last week I was fiddling with Windows 10 (Version 2004, OS Build 19041.630) updates and noticed there were "optional" updates...
  5. Power Option Changes Ignored?

in Windows 10 Support
    Power Option Changes Ignored?: Hi! For a long while I've had a problem with Power Options being ignored. I want the Power Plan on High Performance, but I don't want my processor running at 100% all of the time. If I set Balanced, my processor will happily clock down to 800MHz when idle as expected If I...
  6. Windows 10 Updates Ignoring the Pause

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Updates Ignoring the Pause: You disabled and locked this thread after answering it with a bs response. So I am re-posting it here because it is not a bug in a particular windows installation it is something it is either designed to do or if not MS has not fixed whatever problem it is. And the problem...
  7. Windows 10 1909 ignoring power options?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 1909 ignoring power options?: Hi all, i have got windows 10 on my laptop and i limited cpu frequency to 3.4ghz (instead of 4ghz) and i also set maximum processor frequency to 85% giving me the same result, originally i had no issue of this until 1903 came out which ruined this! After alot of googling i...
  8. Windows 10 update causes printer problems

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 update causes printer problems: I downloaded and installed the Windows 10 updates noted in the below screen capture on two separate computers and now both are having problems printing from MS Word and MS PowerPoint and MS Excel on both computers. [ATTACH] I have tried remove and reinstalling the...
  9. Windows printer driver causes mouse freezing periodically

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows printer driver causes mouse freezing periodically: I have Epson XP-960 printer. I have installed a printer driver supplied by Epson, but Windows automatically installs another driver. Apparently there's some sort of conflict between the drivers, making my mouse freeze for 0,5 to 1 second in 2 to 10 second periods. This...
  10. July Windows 10 Updates caused mouse to fail

July Windows 10 Updates caused mouse to fail: Hi All, I have a Dell XPS-8920 computer running Win10 x64. After installing July 2018 windows 10 updates and rebooting my mouse fails to show up. After several reboots the mouse never came back. This is a desktop computer with a wired USB mouse. The only way I got my...