Windows 10: Windows 10 or Surface Pro 7?

Discus and support Windows 10 or Surface Pro 7? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Until last week no problems that weren't easily resolved with printing from my Surface Pro 7 to my HP Envy 7800 printer. This week, can print if I am... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JenniferJolis, May 27, 2020.

1. Windows 10 or Surface Pro 7?

Until last week no problems that weren't easily resolved with printing from my Surface Pro 7 to my HP Envy 7800 printer. This week, can print if I am printing from a document that is already saved in my Docs. But if I get an email and want to print, it cannot find the HP, offers me only OneNote and Microsoft PDF. Can't save the item in any way that is recognizable or able to be opened, much less print it.

:)

JenniferJolis, May 27, 2020

2. Windows 10 Pro transfer to new Surface 7 Pro

I just purchased a Surface 7 Pro to upgrade from my Surface 3 with Windows 10 Pro. The Surface 7 Pro has the Windows 10 Home version that I would like to upgrade with Windows 10 Pro but don't know where to find my Product Key. I don't recall purchasing
    and I believe that my last Microsoft Windows update resulted in the Pro version being installed. Can anyone help with step-by-step instructions on where to find the product key so that I can copy and install in my Surface 7 Pro.

MorrisGarcia, May 27, 2020
  3. Problem updating Windows Surface Pro 4 with Windows 10 feature updates

Hi,

I have manage to install image for Microsoft Surface Pro 4 by going to https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...erecoveryimage and download a recovery image for Microsoft Surface Pro 4.

What I did to reset your Surface from a USB recovery drive was:
    Step 1: Make sure your Surface is turned off and plugged in (hold down the power
    button for 30 seconds).
    Step 2: Insert the USB recovery drive into the USB port on your Surface.
    Step 3: Press and hold the volume-down button while you press and release the
    power button on your Surface.
    Step 4: When the Surface logo appears, release the volume button.
    Step 5: When prompted, select the language and keyboard layout you want.
    Step 6: Select Troubleshoot > Reset your PC.
    If prompted for a recovery key, select Skip this drive at the bottom of the
    screen.
    Step 7: Select the target operating system you wish to reset. This
    refers to the current operating system installed on your Surface.
    Step 8: Select Yes, repartition the drives, and on the next page, select Next.
    Step 9: Choose Just remove my files.
    Step 10: Select Reset.
    Surface restarts and the Surface logo displays while the reset process continues
    (this can take a while).

This always fails and I have to do the below which continues installation.
    Windows 10 Installation Media:

1. Insert the Media (DVD/USB) in your PC and restart.
    2. Boot from the media.
    3. Select Repair Your Computer.
    Select Troubleshoot.

1. Choose Command Prompt from the menu:
    Type in the command:
    Diskpart
    Type in the command:
    List disk (Note which disk is your Boot drive number mine is 0)
    Type in the command:
    Sel disk 0
    Type in the command:
    List vol (Note which volume is the EFI partition mine is 4)
    Type in the command:
    Sel vol 4
    Type in the command:
    assign letter=V:
    Type in the command:
    Exit
    Type in the command:
    V:
    After you have assigned a drive letter Using Diskpart You can format the EFI partition:
    Example: if you assigned a letter V to the partition the command would be:
    format V: /FS:FAT32
    Type in the command:
    bcdboot C:\windows /s V: /f UEFI

Now I have an issue that I cannot install Feature Updates. They keep failing to install.
    Any ideas how to resolve issue?

jaburmester, May 27, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

Windows 10 or Surface Pro 7?

Surface Tools for IT Update for Surface Pro and Surface Laptop

Source: Surface Tools for IT Update for Surface Pro and Surface Laptop Surface

Brink, May 27, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 or Surface Pro 7?

1. Windows 10 or Surface Pro 7? - Similar Threads - Surface Pro

2. Surface pro 6 : cannot enter recovery, cannot reinstall, no drives found

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface pro 6 : cannot enter recovery, cannot reinstall, no drives found: Hello,My surface pro 6 just refused to log in windows one day. It was not possible to do recovery. i tried to reinstall windows with a bootable USB, however, when it was time to install, i got the 'No device drivers were found' message.I then downloaded RST driver on intel...
  3. Surface pro 6 : cannot enter recovery, cannot reinstall, no drives found

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Surface pro 6 : cannot enter recovery, cannot reinstall, no drives found: Hello,My surface pro 6 just refused to log in windows one day. It was not possible to do recovery. i tried to reinstall windows with a bootable USB, however, when it was time to install, i got the 'No device drivers were found' message.I then downloaded RST driver on intel...
  4. Surface pro 6 : cannot enter recovery, cannot reinstall, no drives found

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Surface Pro locked in Recovery Mode and I have no Bitlocker recovery key. Now what?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface Pro locked in Recovery Mode and I have no Bitlocker recovery key. Now what?: My Surface Pro 8 or 9 I think is locked and in recovery mode and is requiring a Bitlocker key to unlock. I do not have a key and I do not have a personal Microsoft account only a work-related one. I have never signed into my work related Microsoft account on this Surface so...
  6. Surface Pro locked in Recovery Mode and I have no Bitlocker recovery key. Now what?

Surface Pro locked in Recovery Mode and I have no Bitlocker recovery key. Now what?: My Surface Pro 8 or 9 I think is locked and in recovery mode and is requiring a Bitlocker key to unlock. I do not have a key and I do not have a personal Microsoft account only a work-related one. I have never signed into my work related Microsoft account on this Surface so...
  7. Surface 5 Windows 11 Pro Setup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface 5 Windows 11 Pro Setup: Hi, I just purchased a Surface 5 laptop. I didn't realize it was Windows Pro would be nice if in bold the description on Amazon says ONLY WORKS WITH FOR BUSINESSES. Apparently, Microsoft will not allow me to use the computer locally or with my personal Microsoft account? It...
  8. Surface 5 Windows 11 Pro Setup

Surface 5 Windows 11 Pro Setup: Hi, I just purchased a Surface 5 laptop. I didn't realize it was Windows Pro would be nice if in bold the description on Amazon says ONLY WORKS WITH FOR BUSINESSES. Apparently, Microsoft will not allow me to use the computer locally or with my personal Microsoft account? It...
  9. Surface Pro 9 will not boot USB

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface Pro 9 will not boot USB: I have tried every way possible but my surface will NOT boot from USB. I've disabled secure boot, I've disabled bitlocker. I've tried Windows and RUFUS to created a bootable drive. I've tried both ports on the surface, I've tried different USB keys. I've tried booting from...
  10. Surface Pro 9 will not boot USB

Surface Pro 9 will not boot USB: I have tried every way possible but my surface will NOT boot from USB. I've disabled secure boot, I've disabled bitlocker. I've tried Windows and RUFUS to created a bootable drive. I've tried both ports on the surface, I've tried different USB keys. I've tried booting from...