Windows 10: Windows 10 OS build 17134.376 choose default apps by file types not working

Discus and support Windows 10 OS build 17134.376 choose default apps by file types not working in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Windows 10 OS build 17134.376 choose default apps by file types not working. Anyone know how to fix this? Thx.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Leslie Van Dyke, Oct 29, 2018.

1. Windows 10 OS build 17134.376 choose default apps by file types not working

Windows 10 OS build 17134.376 choose default apps by file types not working.

Anyone know how to fix this? Thx.

:)

Leslie Van Dyke, Oct 29, 2018
  2. Argel Obm Win User

Choosing Default Apps & Insider Programme

To resolve your concern, kindly choose the default apps by file type. To do this, follow these steps:

• Click the Windows logo (Start button).
    • Click the gear icon (Settings).
    • Choose System.
    • Select Default apps.
    • Click Choose default apps by file type.
    • Check all of the video file type, and then check if you can change the default app to your preferred application.
    After performing the steps, kindly share with us the result

Argel Obm, Oct 29, 2018
  3. wozmatic Win User
    Choosing apps by file types is not working (1803)

I've tried many things. The following attempts did NOT work:

• right click > open with > choose another app > always open with
    • settings > choose default apps by file type
    • removing "UserChoice" from registry for any file type in question.
    • right click > properties > opens with > change > select program > apply
    I wiped my computer and went back to 1607 and everything was working again.

However, when the 1803 update was applied this error came back.

So I tried the System File Checker tool:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...er-tool-to-repair-missing-or-corrupted-system

I tried testing the file types again, and this problem happens for any file type and any program.

Screen capture of me testing:

File types BUG - Streamable

Version 1803 OS Build 17134.345

wozmatic, Oct 29, 2018
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 OS build 17134.376 choose default apps by file types not working

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 29, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 OS build 17134.376 choose default apps by file types not working

1. Windows 10 OS build 17134.376 choose default apps by file types not working - Similar Threads - build 17134 376

2. Can't find .jar files in "Choose default apps by file type"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't find .jar files in "Choose default apps by file type": When I try to find the .jar extension so I can change its default app, it is literally not there. I've seen screenshots, and I do everything right, yet the .jar extension isn't even there for me....
  3. Can't find .jar files in "Choose default apps by file type"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't find .jar files in "Choose default apps by file type": When I try to find the .jar extension so I can change its default app, it is literally not there. I've seen screenshots, and I do everything right, yet the .jar extension isn't even there for me....
  4. Change a default file type back to 'Choose a default'

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change a default file type back to 'Choose a default': WIN10, Version 2004, Build 19041-264 I have accidentally changed a file default and I want to change it back to 'Choose a default'. I have already tried 'reset' defaults but it will not change the default. Can you please help. 157993
  5. Change a default file type back to 'Choose a default'

in Windows 10 Support
    Change a default file type back to 'Choose a default': WIN10, Version 2004, Build 19041-264 I have accidentally changed a file default and I want to change it back to 'Choose a default'. I have already tried 'reset' defaults but it will not change the default. Can you please help. 157993
  6. unable to choose a default app to open a file type

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    unable to choose a default app to open a file type: OS Name: Microsoft Windows 10 Education N OS Version: 10.0.18362 N/A Build 18362 7/‎17/‎2019 Feature update to Windows 10, version 1903 I restored file mapping to default via Default Apps Setting "reset to Microsoft recommended defaults"...
  7. Choose Default apps by File type (.laccdb)

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Choose Default apps by File type (.laccdb): I had recently reinstalled Microsoft Windows 10 to try and fix the file associations. For the most part it fixed my issues. However, there is still one file association I have noticed that when trying to choose a default app by file type for (.laccdb) does not provide me the...
  8. Default apps by file types not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Default apps by file types not working: I've tried many things. The following attempts did NOT work: - right click > open with > choose another app > always open with - settings > choose default apps by file type - removing "UserChoice" from registry for any file type in question. - right click > properties >...
  9. 'Choose default apps by file type' broken for apps not associated with file type by system...

'Choose default apps by file type' broken for apps not associated with file type by system...: I previously asked a similar question before realizing the scale of the problem. I am running Windows 10 Home on a Surface Go. That is, I have successfully disabled S mode. I cannot set a default app unless it is 'Microsoft recommended' for a file type or protocol. An...
  10. choose default apps by file type

choose default apps by file type: I want .tif and .tiff files to be opened by MODI. MODI is installed on my computer but does not show up as an option https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/choose-default-apps-by-file-type/a23e84d5-6337-4040-84b4-2b7902e0f665

Users found this page by searching for:

1. delbbfe.tmp