Windows 10: Windows 10 OS disappeared from hard drive. is there a way to restore?

Discus and support Windows 10 OS disappeared from hard drive. is there a way to restore? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Windows 10/64 1 TB hard drive 500 GB hard drive PC crashed and recovered next day, screen read something about using a boot disk no OS was found on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by kstavert, Jun 9, 2019.

1. kstavert Win User

Windows 10 OS disappeared from hard drive. is there a way to restore?

Windows 10/64

1 TB hard drive
    500 GB hard drive

PC crashed and recovered

next day, screen read something about using a boot disk

no OS was found on the HD

a small SSD from another computer was installed into the PC and it booted as C ddrive

The TB drive is still in the PC....

is there a way to get Windows 10 OS back onto the TB Drive???

graphics drivers are all wrong and the SSD drive is tiny.. 237 GB

as it is now, the PC is virtually useless

thank you kindly for your help
    Karen

:)

kstavert, Jun 9, 2019
  2. little cat, Jun 9, 2019
  3. sumasage Win User
    Free hard drive backup/restore program?

I am looking for a free (freeware) program that will back up and restore a hard drive. I'm looking to clone a few external hard drives. If the program will backup the used space instead of the whole drive this will be awesome! Thanks for any suggestions.

sumasage, Jun 9, 2019
  4. Windows 10 OS disappeared from hard drive. is there a way to restore?

Free hard drive backup/restore program?

Obviously you're looking for something besides your Xp Pro utility that does this?

thoughtdisorder, Jun 9, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 OS disappeared from hard drive. is there a way to restore?

1. Windows 10 OS disappeared from hard drive. is there a way to restore? - Similar Threads - disappeared hard drive

2. Hard drive disappearance

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hard drive disappearance: My hard drive suddenly dissapeared after doing some work this evening, I have no clue what to do, since all the "solutions" on the web haven't worked. I know the hard drive is working since I tried it in another computer and it ran properly. Hope someone can help....
  3. Hard drive disappearance

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hard drive disappearance: My hard drive suddenly dissapeared after doing some work this evening, I have no clue what to do, since all the "solutions" on the web haven't worked. I know the hard drive is working since I tried it in another computer and it ran properly. Hope someone can help....
  4. Hard drive disappearance

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Hard drive disappeared

Hard drive disappeared: hi, my hard drive which I've used for about 5 months has just disappeared as soon as I've put intake fans onto my pc. I've tried trying a new SATA cable and nothing works. It doesn't even show up in my disk management. Could someone please help?...
  6. Hard drive disappeared

Hard drive disappeared: Something is screwed up with my computer. My D drive is just gone, my computer continues to constantly crash, and it’s very slow. I have norton installed and whenever I do a scan it says there are no viruses. I have restarted it multiple times and nothing happened. And when...
  7. Windows hard drive disappeared

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows hard drive disappeared: Something is screwed up with my computer. My D drive is just gone, my computer continues to constantly crash, and it’s very slow. I have norton installed and whenever I do a scan it says there are no viruses. I have restarted it multiple times and nothing happened. And when I...
  8. OS hard drive

OS hard drive: I recently installed a second hard drive for more data storage and now my computer thinks the OS is on a flash drive and won't update Windows 10. The original hard drive (C:) contains the OS and is identified in the system as bus number 0. The new hard drive (J:) contains...
  9. Restoring from external hard drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Restoring from external hard drive: My old laptop became non-functional (bad motherboard), so I uninstalled my SSD hard drive and have been using it as an external hard drive. Now, I would like to install everything on this external hard drive including the OS and files onto a new laptop. How can I do this?...
  10. Hard drive is failing, is there a way to copy Windows 10 OS?

Hard drive is failing, is there a way to copy Windows 10 OS?: I just checked that my hard drive is failing. Fortunately, I can still use it at this moment and backed up everything, but there's one thing I want to back up which I don't know how to. If I were to buy a new hard drive, is there a way I could use my Win10 OS , which is...