Windows 10: Windows 10 OS - face recognition setup not working

Discus and support Windows 10 OS - face recognition setup not working in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hey all, I bought a new Surface Laptop 3 over Christmas Intel i7 processor, and for the first week the face ID worked perfectly. A few days ago on... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by CallumJohnson, Jan 7, 2020.

1. Windows 10 OS - face recognition setup not working

Hey all,
    I bought a new Surface Laptop 3 over Christmas Intel i7 processor, and for the first week the face ID worked perfectly. A few days ago on startup it began showing an error message 'Couldn't open the camera' and skipping straight to entering my PIN to log in. I have checked that all drivers are up to date and tried a lot of solutions online including factory resetting the laptop after which the biometrics still were not working.
    Any help would be massively appreciated! Thanks, -Cal

:)

CallumJohnson, Jan 7, 2020
  2. Trepr Ltd Win User

Windows 10 OS - face recognition setup doesn't work

I am trying to setup face recognition in my laptop but it doesn't work at all. There are no options to recognize face or it doesn't proceed to next screen.

Steps Followed:

1. Opened Sign-in option screen

2. Clicked Face Recognition Setup

3. Windows Hello Setup screen opened

4. It asks "Make sure your face is centered in the frame"

5. It doesn't proceed next and there is no option other than "Cancel" button.

Please help.

Moved From:

Trepr Ltd, Jan 7, 2020
  3. Windows 10 OS - face recognition setup doesn't work

I, too, have an HP Engy laptop.

version 1709 (OS Build 16299.192)

My facial recognition was working since the initial computer set up in December. Immediately following the recent update, it stopped working.

My camera driver is the most recent.

My understanding is that a lot of people have this problem. I have spent hours reading forums of this very same problem - camera works, but facial recognition doesn't work after the update. I am not an IT person, and do not have the time to spend on all
    of this research.

In trying to re-set up face recognition, I follow the same steps as Trepr listed above and have the same results.

I have also tried a hard reboot.

SandyLoucks, Jan 7, 2020
  4. Riel Alc Win User

Windows 10 OS - face recognition setup not working

Windows 10 OS - face recognition setup doesn't work

Thank you for the information you've provided.

For more troubleshooting steps, you may check the following links:

Please post back with the result for further assistance.

Riel Alc, Jan 7, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 OS - face recognition setup not working

1. Windows 10 OS - face recognition setup not working - Similar Threads - face recognition setup

2. Face recognition does not work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Face recognition does not work: Hello, recently I can't login with face recognition anymore. Windows also asks for a pincode. When I go to the procedure to make a pincode, Windows thereafter says there is a mistake, please try it later. I've tried many times but the problem is still there. Can somebody help...
  3. Face Recognition failed to setup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Face Recognition failed to setup: Hello guys,I need help to solve my face recognition issue, few days ago I was updated my windows and my face recognition was suddenly no function as before. I have tried to set up face recognition but when i key my pin it didnt happened anything at all, there was no camera...
  4. Face Recognition failed to setup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Face Recognition failed to setup: Hello guys,I need help to solve my face recognition issue, few days ago I was updated my windows and my face recognition was suddenly no function as before. I have tried to set up face recognition but when i key my pin it didnt happened anything at all, there was no camera...
  5. I can't setup windows hello face recognition.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't setup windows hello face recognition.: I have a new HP Zbook Power G9 mobile work station. I installed face recognition without any problems, it was working perfectly fine. Then, I updated my pc to windows 11 and suddenly I couldn't setup windows hello face anymore. The PIN and fingerprint are working, the face...
  6. I can't setup windows hello face recognition.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't setup windows hello face recognition.: I have a new HP Zbook Power G9 mobile work station. I installed face recognition without any problems, it was working perfectly fine. Then, I updated my pc to windows 11 and suddenly I couldn't setup windows hello face anymore. The PIN and fingerprint are working, the face...
  7. Windows Hello Setup Face Recognition Not Working - PC

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Hello Setup Face Recognition Not Working - PC: Hello, I had Windows Hello set up at one point, but over time it ceased to work. Every time I attempt to set up my face ID, I get to the screen where it says center your face in the picture, and my webcam lights flash indicating it is scanning, but it never goes passed...
  8. face recognition not working to sign in

face recognition not working to sign in: Face recognition stopped working on Surface Pro 4. Login screen always tells me to login with PIN. Then I choose password option and that works. I have gone to Settings->Account->Sign-in Options. That tells me Windows Hello Face is not currently available. I click on "learn...
  9. Windows Hello face recognition setup not working

Windows Hello face recognition setup not working: it shows...we couldn't find a camera compatible with window hello face https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-hello-face-recognition-setup-not-working/5e726c81-8463-4a93-880f-12fc1139a45d
  10. face recognition not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    face recognition not working: Hello I purchased my surface pro 4 last year in september from USA and curently i am in india and recently my windows crashed and had to reinstall windows 10. now i am unable to use face recognition with my new windows 10. Can anybody help me with the same. Thanks...