Windows 10: Windows 10 OS not going into sleep mode

Discus and support Windows 10 OS not going into sleep mode in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; It's amazing in the last 3-4 years I have had intermittent problems with various computers unable to enter sleep mode for a variety of reasons. It's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Gusgf, Feb 5, 2021.

1. Gusgf Win User

Windows 10 OS not going into sleep mode

It's amazing in the last 3-4 years I have had intermittent problems with various computers unable to enter sleep mode for a variety of reasons. It's astonishing to think that MS is unable to solve this problem. Up to yesterday when it had been working fine for a stretch I noticed again yesterday mysteriously my sleep settings had been changed and tonight I find my computer awake, though I hadn't turned even turned it back on since yesterday. And when I run powercfg I find good ol MoUsoCoreWorker.exe to be once again the culprit.

Windows 10 in 2021 still isn't able to get the basics right. As a user you have the right to expect to set simple sleep settings and for the OS to be able to obey this simple requirement. But no, I find this so frustrating it seems they are unable to manage W10 project, maybe the whole W10 has just got too complex for them.
    I'm seeing so many people with this problem. Just Google and you will find plenty of IT proficient users who have spent hours trying to sort this out and either not resolving it, or having the problem reappear somewhere down the line.

I don't want suggested solutions I can find my own thanks. As for the MS community forums, well they are often a joke in the quality of the responses and I try and avoid them like the plague.

I guess I just wanted to vent my frustration.

:)

Gusgf, Feb 5, 2021

2. Windows 10 PC will not go into sleep mode

My new Windows 10 pc set to go into sleep mode after 2 hours and it doesn't happen - I can put into sleep mode manually but often it comes out of sleep by itself. I have tried all of the suggestions and have had no luck.

EdAbrams777, Feb 5, 2021
  3. Eric Ber Win User
    Automatically going to Sleep/Hibernate Mode

Hi Sandeep,

Conflicts with the power settings is one of the possible reasons why your computer is automatically going to sleep or hibernate mode. For us to assist you better, kindly answer the questions below:

• Have you made any changes to your computer prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Which version and OS build number of Windows 10 is currently installed? To check, press the
      Windows key, type winver, and press the
      Enter
      key.

Meanwhile, you can try to create a new local user account to isolate the issue. You can follow the steps in this

link
    to create a new local user account.

We'll be looking forward to your response.

Eric Ber, Feb 5, 2021
  4. Windows 10 OS not going into sleep mode

Computer stopped going into sleep mode

Hello, Kiran.

My computer is up to date and I didn't change any settings prior or after the update

I tried step one, but I haven't wait the time required for the computer to go into sleep mode. I did change the 30 minute wait to 10 minutes. So, I'll wait and see what happens

Yan Carlos Cruz, Feb 5, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 OS not going into sleep mode

1. Windows 10 OS not going into sleep mode - Similar Threads - going sleep mode

2. Windows 10 is not going to sleep mode!

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 is not going to sleep mode!: I tried all the possible settings but my laptop won't sleep at all! Can someone please help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-is-not-going-to-sleep-mode/4d317dbb-93f8-46d2-9c73-70cb99098852
  3. Windows 10 is not going to sleep mode!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 is not going to sleep mode!: I tried all the possible settings but my laptop won't sleep at all! Can someone please help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-is-not-going-to-sleep-mode/4d317dbb-93f8-46d2-9c73-70cb99098852
  4. Windows 10 is not going to sleep mode!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 Will not go to sleep mode

Windows 10 Will not go to sleep mode: Hello, I am losing my mind over this. My PC will not go into sleep mode. I have checked the powercfg and noticed it was saying legacy kernal caller problem. I have followed the trouble shooters for this however this will not fix my issue. I have checked the event log and a...
  6. Windows 10 Pro will not go to sleep mode

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Pro will not go to sleep mode: Windows 10 Pro will not go to sleep mode. And, apparently, that is because "MoUsoCoreWorker.exe USO Worker" is constantly running. So say, install KB4568831, and it might fix the issue. Anyone else with this same issue? submitted by /u/teecuptech [link] [comments]...
  7. Windows 10 Sleep Mode Doesn't Go To Sleep Anymore

Windows 10 Sleep Mode Doesn't Go To Sleep Anymore: I was using the Sleep mode a lot. Either I put it into sleep or after so much time it went to sleep. It was super convenient. Now when it goes to sleep, it turns the display output off, but the HDD light is showing activity and the power light is still on. The computer seems...
  8. Going into Sleep mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Going into Sleep mode: Hi all, I recently migrated from a HDD to a SSD in my computer, did install the latest version of Windows 10 than what it was before, and i'm noticing something different with the way it goes to sleep. Originally when i put it to sleep, the computer would go down and the...
  9. Going into Sleep mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Going into Sleep mode: Hi all, I recently migrated from a HDD to a SSD in my computer, did install the latest version of Windows 10 than what it was before, and i'm noticing something different with the way it goes to sleep. Originally when i put it to sleep, the computer would go down and the...
  10. Windows 10 Going Into Sleep Mode Randomly

Windows 10 Going Into Sleep Mode Randomly: Hello! I am using a HP Envy 15 TouchScreen Notebook (SKU: F5G56AV), Core i7-4700MQ CPU, Win 10 Home 10.0.17134, NVIDIA GeForce 840M Video Card. I starting in the past two weeks (approximately), I have been having the notebook randomly go into sleep mode, even when using...