Windows 10: Windows 10: "Other User" login error

Discus and support Windows 10: "Other User" login error in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I have a corporate machine running Windows 10 that I am not able to login as 'Other User' on the startup screen. It keeps saying "The user name or... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by ÉliseBlankenship, Mar 14, 2019.

1. Windows 10: "Other User" login error

I have a corporate machine running Windows 10 that I am not able to login as 'Other User' on the startup screen. It keeps saying "The user name or password is incorrect.", even though I was able to login to the Microsoft site using the same credentials. I've tried using two other keyboards, the one in Ease of Access and a separate external one.

:)

ÉliseBlankenship, Mar 14, 2019
  2. Arun B J Win User

Cannot Login with New User Account in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue

• What exactly happens when you try to login with new user account?

• Are you getting any error message?

• Since when are you facing this issue?

I suggest you to Enable
    the built in Administrator account in Windows 10, and then try to create new user account and check if it helps.

I suggest you to refer the steps below and check if it helps

• Press Windows+ X, select
      Command Prompt
      , and then click Run as Administrator.

• When you are prompted by User Account Control, click Continue.

• At the command prompt, type net user administrator /active: yes, and then press Enter.

• Type net user administrator
      <Password>
      , and then press Enter.

Note In this command, <Password> represents the actual password that you want to set for the administrator account.

• Type exit, and then press Enter.

• Log off the current user account. And login and check whether your able to login to windows or not.

Hope this information is helpful. Please write back to us if you need any further assistance, we'll be glad to assist you.

Arun B J, Mar 14, 2019
  3. marknyy Win User
    Windows users at login

I cannot see all of my user accounts on the login screen on a new Windows 10 laptop. I have an account for my son and it does not appear as a user on the login screen. It is listed if I display the users with the CMD prompt. The only account I see is my
    account which is an admin. His account is a user. All the suggestions I've seen are not available on home edition.

marknyy, Mar 14, 2019
  4. Cronic Win User

Windows 10: "Other User" login error

Windows 10 User Error

TY all for the ideas suggestions, and i didnt ignore your question, i somewhat answered. Running sfc after DISM fixed some corrupted files which greatly increased the speed, I ran another malwarebytes scan after which found a few more pups, and 1 trojan. Still failing to login on just the main profile I transfered all the files to another one I made which it did let me log into, so problem solved. The reprofiler sounds like it may have been worth a try, the windows auto repair didnt work though.

Cronic, Mar 14, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10: "Other User" login error

1. Windows 10: "Other User" login error - Similar Threads - User login error

2. 2 "other user" at windows 10 Login

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    2 "other user" at windows 10 Login: Hi, We are on windows 10 22H2 I have two "other user" at bottom left login screen. We need to click on the second "other user" to log in. I would like to remove the first one that we dont really need. I already tried configuration - windows settings - security settings -...
  3. 2 "other user" at windows 10 Login

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    2 "other user" at windows 10 Login: Hi, We are on windows 10 22H2 I have two "other user" at bottom left login screen. We need to click on the second "other user" to log in. I would like to remove the first one that we dont really need. I already tried configuration - windows settings - security settings -...
  4. 2 "other user" at windows 10 Login

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Slow other user login

in Windows 10 Customization
    Slow other user login: Heed help solving this issue with a very slow other users login.My login to the desktop takes about 3-5 seconds and another 15 seconds for some programs to load, which is great however, when I switch to another user or log off and switch to another user, the login takes 30...
  6. Other User login after updating to Windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Other User login after updating to Windows 10: So I was just upgrading to Windows 10, because stupid itunes requires it. Anyway after having finished the numerous restarts and completing its installation it now is asking me for a log-in and password for "Other User". To save some time on things that don't work that have...
  7. Other user can't login

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Other user can't login: I restarted my HP a while ago because it was really laggy. When I tried to login, It said other user and it was incorrect. I tried to make it on safe mode but that didn't work either. Please help...
  8. Other user cannot login

Other user cannot login: Hi everyone, I am going to attempt to keep this as short and as simple as possible. On Friday last week (5 days ago) i agreed for my laptop to shut down and update. Leaving it on charge to do so. On Tuesday (yesterday) i made an attempt to turn my laptop on to log in and...
  9. other user login issue

other user login issue: After resetting my surface laptop,its giving other user login error https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/other-user-login-issue/bf6b832b-87b5-4b5b-adf8-6eb557760c60
  10. Other User Login

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Other User Login: 1. Is there a way to by pass the other users login? I reset my windows tablet and it defaulted to the Other user login and I can't for the life of me get pass this screen successfully. If I did make it pass, the desktop was blank and nothing worked. 2. Also, if I want to...