Windows 10: Windows 10 Outlook account missing

Discus and support Windows 10 Outlook account missing in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I've upgraded my system. New SSD and used existing Outlook account/password. I had logged off and on several times with no problem. Than It stopped... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Ken.Larson, May 24, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Outlook account missing

I've upgraded my system. New SSD and used existing Outlook account/password. I had logged off and on several times with no problem. Than It stopped allowing me to log in indicating the account or password was incorrect. Tried going to Outlook.com and after entering account name it said the account does not exist, to create a new one. When I tried to "create" the account I get a message the account is already in use. How can it not exist and be in use. Sent several password reset requests but have gotten no response from MS automated system. Is there a way to contact a real person for assistance in recovering this account/password so the computer is usable?

:)

Ken.Larson, May 24, 2020
  2. alvez Win User

outlook account config

SO today my friend asked me if i could post this question on the forum:

He wants to configure a outlook account with 1 email, with that outlook account he wants to run the same account in 2 diferent computers he wants the both computer to be connected in network, for example:

• he receives a email and that email is sent to each computer;
    • he deletes a email from one computer and it also deletes on the other;
    • he moves a email to a folder it also moves on the other computer;
    If you guys can help me would be nice!
    Windows 10 Outlook account missing [​IMG]
    thanks!

alvez, May 24, 2020
  3. Zakin Win User
    Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Windows 10 Outlook account missing :(

Zakin, May 24, 2020
  4. newtekie1 Win User

Windows 10 Outlook account missing

outlook account config

His email provider should have the instructions for setting up outlook with an IMAP account.

newtekie1, May 24, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Outlook account missing

1. Windows 10 Outlook account missing - Similar Threads - Outlook account missing

2. Windows 10 license linked to an outlook account

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 license linked to an outlook account: How do I find out what outlook account is linked to my windows 10 license? Activation in system settings only tells me its a virtual license linked to an account - it doesn't tell me which account.I need to do a fresh install from USB offline as my laptop was hacked and have...
  3. Outlook Calendar missing after Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Outlook Calendar missing after Windows 10 update: After the August Windows 10 update my Outlook Calendar is missing. I got a message saying: "The set of folders cannot be opened. The information store could not be opened" I'm desperate - I've been using Outlook Calendar since the 1990's, my life is on there, somewhere.......
  4. Outlook account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Outlook account: Someone has opened/created an outlook account in my name. I cannot locate a phone number to report this in the microsoft support center. Can anyone provide a number please where I can speak with a real person? Thank you for your consideration....
  5. Outlook account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Outlook account: need to log in but don't know why I was perswaded to make an account? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/outlook-account/6520abba-7085-4d87-bf29-1ff4e6b1e467
  6. Contacts missing on Outlook

Contacts missing on Outlook: What happened to my Contacts on Office 2010 and 2019 Outlook Apps after install of Update 2004 on Win 10? I no longer have contacts and iCloud is inop. Where did the contacts go? How do I get iCloud to operate with Outlook again. Tried to re-install iCloud and old...
  7. Windows 10 Update - Outlook is missing

Windows 10 Update - Outlook is missing: Hello, I've just updated the new update of Windows 10 2004 and Outlook app is missing. The other Office apps are are okay but Outlook is totally gone. Do you have any solution for this issue? I don't want to re-install Office but it seems Microsoft doesn't give another...
  8. OUTLOOK ACCOUNT

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OUTLOOK ACCOUNT: I have a bt internet mail account but when I reply to some e mails is says that it is sending from an outlook account as far as I know i do not have an outlook account I am using windows 10 i have tried to sent up the outlook account with the same e mail address and oF...
  9. Missing Outlook Folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Missing Outlook Folders: Several of my folders in Outlook are missing. I recently got a new phone and phone number and I am not sure if that may be the issue. I have the same problem on my phone and mac. I have tried several different browsers as well as deleting my mail app and re-downloading. I am...
  10. Missing outlook emails

in Browsers and Email
    Missing outlook emails: Hi Has anyone had problems with Outlook, where emails go missing ? Two days ago, suddenly my folders were gone, all my emails were gone, the inbox was filled with stuff I hadn't seen before from MSN, and no new emails were being received. I know everthing is still there...