Windows 10: Windows 10 over GNU/Linux because of creation time support

Discus and support Windows 10 over GNU/Linux because of creation time support in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello Windows users, I have been using Windows for more than 1 decade and I like Windows system because it shows creation time for file/folder.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by berunhiaaoqn918, Feb 15, 2021.

1. Windows 10 over GNU/Linux because of creation time support

Hello Windows users,

I have been using Windows for more than 1 decade and I like Windows system because it shows creation time for file/folder. Additionally, the timestamp creation time (Windows Explorer shows as name "Date Created") can be kept with other file manager software or robocopy.exe for file/folder.

Many users say the future should be GNU/Linux, I can't confirm that, I used a Linux disteubation for the first time and at the first use I noticed immediately that there is no way to show the creation time in standard file manager or many other file managers on Linux show it, but there is no way to keep or save the creation time when copying file/folder.

This is fully backward Linux is outdated in my eyes. Fortunately I stopped the experiment, I can recommend for Windows users if creation time for file/folder is important and always want to keep or change afterwards (for example wrong timestamp) keep using Windows system.

There is a lot of software on Windows that can save or change creation time.

On Linux there is none and according to my short research this is a general Linux problem, so a user unfriendly design decision.

Here are the facts: Since Windows XP I know creation time for file/folder and that was year 2001 until today 2021 with Windows 10 it works like the first day I use Windows.

Linux in 2021 can not do it until today. For me only a limited operating system. Windows in this case has more freedom for users.

:)

berunhiaaoqn918, Feb 15, 2021
  2. ViruSzZ Win User

Nokia suite for linux users

it's sad nokia not having
    support for gnu/linux users....
    that's a discrimination and
    for sure I'm not going
    to install windows just
    to manage my nokia phone
    too...

what's the problem you're
    not supporting nokia suite for
    gnu/linux ?

ViruSzZ, Feb 15, 2021
  3. Brand new Raspberry Pi 2 comes with Windows 10 AND Ubuntu support !

sources

blobster21, Feb 15, 2021
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Windows 10 over GNU/Linux because of creation time support

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Feb 15, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 over GNU/Linux because of creation time support

1. Windows 10 over GNU/Linux because of creation time support - Similar Threads - GNU Linux creation

2. time to learn Linux

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    time to learn Linux: time to learn linux https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/time-to-learn-linux/644b6853-d20a-4920-9800-975d4fb518c2
  3. Stuck in grub after deleting BOSS GNU LINUX

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Stuck in grub after deleting BOSS GNU LINUX: Actually I was using dual boot which was pre loaded in my HP laptop but I never used LINUX and deleted it and merge partition to windows 10 after that I restarted my laptop it shows grub screen.I have spent about 2 days in Google YouTube but getting same codes ie. Set boot...
  4. How to install Windows 10 over Linux with an iso?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to install Windows 10 over Linux with an iso?: I'm away from home so I don't have my Windows repair USB.My laptop is currently running MX Linux - it came with Windows 10.I have my Windows 10 iso.Can I install Windows 10 without the repair USB?...
  5. How to install Windows 10 over Linux with an iso?

How to install Windows 10 over Linux with an iso?: I'm away from home so I don't have my Windows repair USB.My laptop is currently running MX Linux - it came with Windows 10.I have my Windows 10 iso.Can I install Windows 10 without the repair USB?...
  6. How to install Windows 10 over Linux with an iso?

7. Install Win 10 over not dual boot over linux

Install Win 10 over not dual boot over linux: Can't load my new Win 10 USB onto my Toshiba C55 laptop with Linux Mint 19.3 currently installed. I can't get past the Mint bootup screen. I have to access the bios from this menu as F2, F9 of F12 won't go directly to the bios. I want a clean install of Win 10 over linux....
  8. C drive showing GNU/Linux

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    C drive showing GNU/Linux: Hi, My PC C: Drive is showing as below picture as GNU/Linux. When I tried to dual boot the PC, suddenly booting got interrupted. And PC got restarted. From then onwards it was showing as below picture. Could you please help me out and get back my C: Drive to my original...
  9. Reinstall Windows 10 over Linux Mint but no NTFS

Reinstall Windows 10 over Linux Mint but no NTFS: My laptop came with Windows 10 Pro. I installed Linux Mint which occupies the whole hard drive. I want to reinstall Windows 10 Pro and remove Linux, but when I use the Windows USB installation disk, there is no NTFS on laptop so I can't install. Any ideas please?...
  10. Install Debian GNU/Linux using the commandline, microsoft store broken

Install Debian GNU/Linux using the commandline, microsoft store broken: Hi, I have a Windows 10 Pro machine that has been hardened for security reasons. The result of this is that the Microsoft Store is unable to connect properly. I have tried to fix this, but to no avail. I want to install GNU/Linux distribution under the WSL. I have added the...