Windows 10: Windows 10 Paint app is finally heading to its new home “Microsoft Store”

Discus and support Windows 10 Paint app is finally heading to its new home “Microsoft Store” in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft Paint app is not going away and it will now receive improvements or updates via the Windows 10’s app store. In the future, Microsoft will... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Apr 7, 2021.

1. WinLatest New Member

Windows 10 Paint app is finally heading to its new home “Microsoft Store”

Microsoft Paint app is not going away and it will now receive improvements or updates via the Windows 10’s app store. In the future, Microsoft will offer MS Paint in the Windows Store for free and still maintain the Paint 3D app to ensure that all tools for creators are available in one place.

Way back in 2017, reports suggested that MS Paint is heading to the Recycle Bin with the Fall Creators Update. After user backlash, Microsoft promised that the classic Paint app is “here to stay” and it would be moved to the Windows Store for faster updates. However, that never happened and Microsoft started offering Paint as an “optional feature”.

1,300 days after the announcement, Microsoft has finally published the Paint app in the Windows Store where the app will be a free download. In future versions of Windows, Paint will receive updates via the Store, but it’s not yet unclear if it would be developed any further or Microsoft will focus only on Paint 3D.

Windows 10 Paint app is finally heading to its new home “Microsoft Store” MS-Paint.jpg
    MS Paint Store version with a new icon

Anyone who doesn’t want to use this simple graphics app can still remove it by following these steps:

• Open Settings > Apps & Features.
    • Click on the link to manage optional features.
    • Select and uninstall Paint.

Once the Paint app is removed, you can restore it via the same optional features page or reinstall the app from the Microsoft Store.

Like Notepad, Paint will also move out of the accessories folder in the Start Menu.

Microsoft is making Paint 3D features completely optional

For those who like MS Paint and hate Paint 3D, Microsoft is making the 3D graphics app completely optional.

In clean installs of Windows 10 version 21H2, 3D Viewer and Paint 3D are going away, and Microsoft is also removing the “Edit with Paint 3D” option from the context menu. However, you can still get them from the Microsoft Store.

These changes are currently scheduled to go live later this year with Windows 10’s Sun Valley update.

The post Windows 10 Paint app is finally heading to its new home “Microsoft Store” appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Apr 7, 2021

2. Microsoft signals end of Paint program

Microsoft has confirmed that it will continue to offer its graphics program Paint.

In a recent update, it had listed Paint as a feature that would be either removed or no longer developed.

Paint, renowned for its simplicity, has been part of the Windows operating system since its launch in 1985.

Microsoft suggested it would not remain on Windows 10 by default but did say it would be available for free on the Windows Store.

BBC news Report here
    Microsoft Paint avoids brush with death

dorsetknob, Apr 7, 2021
  3. P4-630 Win User
    Microsoft is purging a lot of low quality apps from the Windows Store

"Microsoft is sending emails to some Windows Store developers informing them that their apps have been removed from the Store for violating its quality standards."

"Neowin reports that app developers have been receiving these emails over the past couple of days:

In its latest review of the Store, Microsoft is evaluating if the published apps are good enough to be listed in the Windows Store. This includes publicly available apps as well as private beta apps. Additionally, Microsoft is also asking developers to delete any promotional campaigns for their apps to prevent advertising charges. Similarly, app name reservations are also being nullified; which means that if your app is unpublished, there's no guarantee that you'll be able to republish it under the same name.

Officially, the policies for the Microsoft Store says that apps must have "distinct and informative metadata" and "provide a valuable and quality user experience". There are also some specific standards that must be in the apps, including having a name that is not similar to another app or device, along with offering a description that is accurate about its features and functions.

There have certainly been many Windows Store users who have complained over the years about the large number of apps published that are clones of other apps or ones that are simply poorly made. Hopefully, this new move by Microsoft will help to curb these issues, at least for now.
    "

Microsoft is purging a lot of low quality apps from the Windows Store | Windows Central

P4-630, Apr 7, 2021
  4. Windows 10 Paint app is finally heading to its new home “Microsoft Store”

The King is Dead; Long Live the King - MS Paint's Announced Demise

Microsoft has confirmed that it will continue to offer its graphics program Paint.

In a recent update, it had listed Paint as a feature that would be either removed or no longer developed.

Paint, renowned for its simplicity, has been part of the Windows operating system since its launch in 1985.

Microsoft suggested it would not remain on Windows 10 by default but did say it would be available for free on the Windows Store.

dorsetknob, Apr 7, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 Paint app is finally heading to its new home “Microsoft Store”

1. Windows 10 Paint app is finally heading to its new home “Microsoft Store” - Similar Threads - Paint app finally

2. Windows 11’s new Media Player is finally heading to Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 11’s new Media Player is finally heading to Windows 10: A new Media Player is coming to Windows 10, which will replace Groove Music! In the Release Preview Channel of the Windows Insider Program, Microsoft has quietly released an updated version of Groove Music that replaces the legacy music player with a brand-new app titled...
  3. Microsoft Store and its apps won't open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Store and its apps won't open: A few weeks ago, after restoring my PC through Windows settings, Microsoft Store and its apps stopped working they didn't even open. Waiting for the resolution of the problem. After a long wait, the problem persisted. I decided to restore the computer again and then made the...
  4. Microsoft Store and its apps won't open

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store and its apps won't open: A few weeks ago, after restoring my PC through Windows settings, Microsoft Store and its applications stopped working. After a long wait, the problem persisted. I decided to restore the computer again and then made the fresh start. Still, the Microsoft Store and its apps...
  5. Windows 10’s new rounded UI is now heading to another Microsoft app

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10’s new rounded UI is now heading to another Microsoft app: Microsoft is believed to be testing out new designs and tweaks for Windows 10 and pre-installed apps. Now, it appears Microsoft is also testing a new tweak to the UI of the Windows 10 Your Phone app that will introduce rounded corners, bringing the application closer to the...
  6. Microsoft store and its app are not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft store and its app are not working: For some reason when i click on an app it tell me to go check the window store for more info but I am unable to open the microsoft store.When I click the microsoft store, it said that it just got install but it wont open....
  7. Final login to Microsoft Store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Final login to Microsoft Store: For a number of months now I have been unable to log into Microsoft Store to download apps onto my Win 10 pro desktop PC. I used to be able to do it fine. I just recently noticed it is asking for me to use Windows Hello to finish the login process, which I don't have setup. I...
  8. Microsoft’s Paint 3D app for Windows 10 updated with new improvements

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft’s Paint 3D app for Windows 10 updated with new improvements: Microsoft today pushed out a new update for its Paint 3D app for Windows 10 users. The latest update pushes the app to version 4.1805.15037.0 and it comes with minor improvements. Users of the Paint 3D app will now see a new reveal effect on the ribbon display icons. The...
  9. Microsoft finalizes its Chinese-customized Windows 10 edition

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft finalizes its Chinese-customized Windows 10 edition: Microsoft is ready to start selling a custom version of Windows 10 that it developed for the Chinese market, according to reports on March 21. Almost a year ago, Microsoft officials said they were developing a Chinese-government-approved version of Windows 10 in...
  10. Music and Video Preview Apps for PCs Headed to Store for Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Music and Video Preview Apps for PCs Headed to Store for Windows 10: As we mentioned on January 21st, we’re bringing new universal applications that will ship with Windows 10 including new Music and Video apps. Today, we are pleased to be releasing early preview versions of these new apps for Windows 10 PCs. Windows Insiders can download the...