Windows 10: Windows 10 partition blue screen on dual boot windows 10/ubuntu 20.04, how do I fix the...

Discus and support Windows 10 partition blue screen on dual boot windows 10/ubuntu 20.04, how do I fix the... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have an Inland Premium 256GB NVME M.2 PCIE 3.0 x4 SSD that is installed in the M2B socket on my Aorus B450 Elite mb. I have used this drive for the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/SkullieBonezZ, Aug 15, 2020.

1. Windows 10 partition blue screen on dual boot windows 10/ubuntu 20.04, how do I fix the...

I have an Inland Premium 256GB NVME M.2 PCIE 3.0 x4 SSD that is installed in the M2B socket on my Aorus B450 Elite mb. I have used this drive for the os only and have a separate D: drive for storage.

Recently I was using a third ssd evo 860 for work, but instead of formatting the drive I just plugged it in yhe sata 3 port and used the boot loader to access the drive.

Everything was being saved to my D: drive and has been working fine this last month. Though last night something must have gone terribly wrong while working with adobe illustrator since I recieved a blue screen (critical service failure) on my windows partition of the M.2 drive.

Here is what the partitions looked like after initial setup. Here is what the partitions look like now using gparted. Errors in gparted.

I am unable to get into the windows system on the M.2 drive. I recieved a black screen with a white loading dots and no windows logo.

My questions are. How can I diagnose and repair my windows partition?

If I can't repair the partition what steps should I take next to save the drive?

Do I need to wipe the drive and start with a fresh install of windows 10 and then create a new ubuntu partition?

Thanks to anyone with any insight or help with this problem. I also know I've been playing with fire by not mounting the drive properly, and this is a lesson for the future. I would just like to fix my drive so I can start working again.

submitted by /u/SkullieBonezZ
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/SkullieBonezZ, Aug 15, 2020
  2. davidhk Win User

Dual boot Windows 10 and Ubuntu 16.04?

Once I had Windows 10 RTM dual booting with Linux 17.2. No issue whatsoever.

Here is a tutorial on dual booting Win 10 and Ubuntu 15.04
    http://www.linuxandubuntu.com/home/d...th-screenshots

davidhk, Aug 15, 2020
  3. Uninstall Ubuntu Dual boot and Repairing Dual Boot in Windows 10

Hello.

I had dual-booted my Dell laptop which came with preinstalled Windows 10. I had dual booted with Ubuntu 16.04 by creating a partition on the disk. To remove this dual boot, i.e. I only wanted to keep Windows 10, I formatted the disk, drive F(in my case),
    where Ubuntu was stored. But, now whenever I boot my system, a black grub screen comes with the following message:

"Minimal BASH-like line editing is supported. For the first word, TAB lists possible command completions. Anywhere else TAB lists possible device completions.

grub> _"

Upon writing 'exit', I am able to enter Windows.

1. I wish to know the reason behind it and how it can be removed.

2. I found this site, Uninstall Ubuntu Dual boot, I went ahead and performed all the steps. But somehow
    ended up with this error.

Also, I saw your reply on this thread https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...ndows-10/1ef0cab0-37bd-4eaf-b547-f0e8ca7e1972.
    But it did not help me to remove my error. I will really appreciate your help in removing this error.

Thank you.

ShreyaShah7, Aug 15, 2020
  4. LeeRiches Win User

Windows 10 partition blue screen on dual boot windows 10/ubuntu 20.04, how do I fix the...

Resized Partitions on Dual-boot Windows with Ubuntu 18.04, Windows crashes on startup

I was trying to make more room on my Windows 10 partition, so I used Gparted Live to reduce partition size by 6GB of the Ubuntu boot. The Ubuntu will still boot, but the Windows partition boots with a blue, sad face screen. I get the windows error of 0xc0000225
    when starting up. I did not move the left side of the Windows partition, only expanded it, and the partition had at least 60Gb of free space in it. There were no errors while partitioning the boots with Gparted Live.

Gparted Live cannot access the partition, although I can access Windows through Ubuntu and all files are accounted for. The Ubuntu grub for dual-boot does open up. Everything works fine, I can see the Windows partition, though when I open it, it crashes.
    Both partitions are, I think, legacy BIOS, not UEFI.

I have tried to download a Windows 10 recovery disk onto my USB, though couldn't figure how to run it on ubuntu to use it for Windows.

LeeRiches, Aug 15, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 partition blue screen on dual boot windows 10/ubuntu 20.04, how do I fix the...

1. Windows 10 partition blue screen on dual boot windows 10/ubuntu 20.04, how do I fix the... - Similar Threads - partition blue screen

2. Safe to delete an intermediate partition in Windows 10 for dual booting with Ubuntu

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Safe to delete an intermediate partition in Windows 10 for dual booting with Ubuntu: My laptop uses MBR partition scheme. Currently, there are 5 partitions on my disk, 3 of them are primary partitions. picture given below I am planning to install Ubuntu 20.04 on one of the partitions. Do I need a primary partition to install Ubuntu? In that case, I would...
  3. Dual boot windows 10 and Ubuntu

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dual boot windows 10 and Ubuntu: Hi I've got Windows 10 and Ubuntu. My problem is that if I choose Ubuntu as default OS I can choose between Ubuntu and Windows but if I choose Windows as default OS I have no choice. I remember that some time ago I could choose OS from some blue menu. How to deal with this...
  4. dual boot on windows 10 client ubuntu mate 20 server

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    dual boot on windows 10 client ubuntu mate 20 server: I am a school network administrator. We received 15 PCs, all of them with the same configuration: Windows 10, cpu intel i3 10100, Ram 4 gb, ssd 120 gb. One of the PCs will be the server. On this one I removed Windows and installedLinux Ubuntu Μate 2.0. As regards the client...
  5. Dual booted windows with ubuntu - Partition resize from ubuntu - Windows wont boot

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dual booted windows with ubuntu - Partition resize from ubuntu - Windows wont boot: Hi, I resize and moved partition where my windows boot was. Now I am unable to boot windows. Please help. Also, I would like to know the technical details of what happens and why it does not work. Thanks a lot! submitted by /u/last_iteration [link] [comments]...
  6. Dual booting Ubuntu and Windows 10, can't boot into Ubuntu

in Windows 10 Support
    Dual booting Ubuntu and Windows 10, can't boot into Ubuntu: I've dual booted my computer with Ubuntu, I was able to boot into it for a while until windows updated itself and now it skips over the Linux boot menu. Secure and fast boot are both disabled. I've tried adding Ubuntu onto the Windows boot menu but I can't get that to work...
  7. Black screen in Windows 10 dual booted with Ubuntu

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Black screen in Windows 10 dual booted with Ubuntu: My computer (dell inspiron) is dual booted, with windows 10 and ubuntu. Normally, when I power my system on, the grub menu comes up and I select windows from it. The first option in the menu is ubuntu, which is selected automatically if I don't select anything. Since...
  8. Dual boot with windows 10 and ubuntu 18

Dual boot with windows 10 and ubuntu 18: Hi there I tried to install Ubuntu alongside Windows 10 on a Dell XPS laptop. Originally it had Win10. After partitioning and installing Ubuntu, Windows now no longer booting. "no accessible boot device" I tried to change many settings in BIOS: SATA: AHCI UEFI...
  9. How to dual boot Ubuntu with Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to dual boot Ubuntu with Windows 10?: Hi I want to dual boot ubuntu with windows. It seems i need to unlock some settings in windows 10 to dual boot ubuntu. What settings do i need to unlock? After installation, i always want windows to boot by default, i don't choose option. Not linux....
  10. Dual Booting Windows 10 and Ubuntu 15.04

Dual Booting Windows 10 and Ubuntu 15.04: Hi, I've just built my desktop and I'm trying to dual boot Windows 10 and Ubuntu 15.04. I've already partitioned my hard drive, and installed Windows 10 and Ubuntu 15.04, but I'm trying to get to a place where I can choose what OS to start whenever I turn on my...