Windows 10: Windows 10 partition size after format

Discus and support Windows 10 partition size after format in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi all, I would like to create a round 700GB size partition. I know that after formatting there will be some unavailable space (system files, etc.) on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by hazazs, Oct 1, 2019.

1. hazazs Win User

Windows 10 partition size after format

Hi all,
    I would like to create a round 700GB size partition. I know that after formatting there will be some unavailable space (system files, etc.) on it.
    What size do I have to set in Disk Management, if I want that partition to be exactly 700,0GB in the explorer after formatting?
    Thanks,

:)

hazazs, Oct 1, 2019

2. Installing Windows Vista/7 on a GUID Partition Table

I've never tried multiple partitions so this is a shot in the dark...

At step #10, I would try setting the size parameter (it is in mebibytes) to how large you want the partition windows is installed on to be, then go ahead and install windows. This will leave the rest of the drive raw instead of consuming it into the OS partition (C drive). Once you successfully boot into Windows, you should be able to use Computer Management -> Disk Management to create partitions in the raw space.

If you really wanted to do it with diskpart before Windows is installed, you basically repeat the following lines making sure to specify a size if you don't want it to consume all remaining space:
    • create partition primary size=size in mebibytes here
    • format quick fs=ntfs label="appropriate name here"
    • assign letter=C thru Z here
    Obviously, you can use quick formatting or leave it out for full format. Leave off the size parameter when you reach the final partition that should consume all the remaining space. Also remember that the order you do this in goes from the outside of the disk (where it is fastest) to the inside of the disk (where it is slowest). Because of this, it is recommended to put EFI (e.g. size=300), then MSR (e.g. size=300), then Windows (e.g. size=30000), then Applications (e.g. size=70000), then Storage (e.g. no size parameter).

If I'm right, the above example would look like this:
    • diskpart
    • list disk
    • select disk <id>
    • online disk
    • attributes disk clear readonly
    • clean
    • convert gpt
    • create partition efi size=300
    • create partition msr size=300
    • create partition primary size=30000
    • format fs=ntfs label="Windows"
    • assign letter=C
    • create partition primary size=70000
    • format fs=ntfs label="Applications"
    • assign letter=D
    • create partition primary
    • format fs=ntfs label="Storage"
    • assign letter=E
    • exit

FordGT90Concept, Oct 1, 2019
  3. fredde Win User
    Partition Sizes?

My new system has 2 150 g Raptors in Raid0. I normally keep the O/S on one partition, installed applications on another, and my paging file on another partition. With a volume size of 300 gigs, what would you suggest as far as partition sizes are concerned?

Thank-You. *Smile Windows 10 partition size after format :)*Smile Windows 10 partition size after format :)

fredde, Oct 1, 2019
  4. Fernandz Win User

How To Format A Write Protected Flash Memory ?

¿You already tried this one?...

Run CMD

1. diskpart
    2. list disk

Then in the 3º step, put the correct number of disk in the list for the usb flash (if it's listed in disk 3, then you'll have to write select disk 3).

2. select disk #
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

with that commands you will format the flash drive in fat32, if you have a large drive you can select also "format fs=ntfs" in step 7.

good luck!

Fernandz, Oct 1, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 partition size after format - Similar Threads - partition size format

2. Windows doesnt recognize full partition size after resizing a partition

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows doesnt recognize full partition size after resizing a partition: Hello,I have a dual boot linux + windows and i wanted to reduce the size of my linux partition to increase the size of my windows partition. I used gparted on a live usb because when I try to resize partition on windows or linux it doesnt work. The linux partition have been...
  3. Windows doesnt recognize full partition size after resizing a partition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows doesnt recognize full partition size after resizing a partition: Hello,I have a dual boot linux + windows and i wanted to reduce the size of my linux partition to increase the size of my windows partition. I used gparted on a live usb because when I try to resize partition on windows or linux it doesnt work. The linux partition have been...
  4. Windows doesnt recognize full partition size after resizing a partition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. 480gb ssd with zero size after excluding partition and formatting

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    480gb ssd with zero size after excluding partition and formatting: HELLO ... I MADE A BEETLE ... EXCLUDES THE SINGLE PARTITION OF THE 480GB SSD AND AFTER OTHER PROBLEMS I USED VARIOUS PROGRAMS TO TRY TO RECOVER THE DATA AND THAT WAS WORST THE SITUATION ... SO MUCH AS SSD ALONE ON PC IS NOT RECOGNIZED BY A NEW WINDOWS INSTALLATION BECAUSE ITS...
  6. Windows does not recognize full partition size after resizing a partition?

Windows does not recognize full partition size after resizing a partition?: I got a Micron_2200_MTFDHBA1T0TCK 1024.2 GB in my laptop, and I had 2 main partitions, one for linux and one for Windows. After deleting the 150GB Linux partition I resized the main partition again. It shows as 953 GB partition in Disk Management but only as 802 GB in...
  7. Partition size

Partition size: Hi so i was trying to dual boot ubuntu and windows and i tried to create a new partition for ubuntu but the maximum size for the partition is 134mb and i tried typing in the number of 60gb but it maxed out at 134 so i dont know what to do and if anyone has any help please...
  8. Windows 10 partition size after format

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 partition size after format: Hi all, I would like to create a round 700GB size partition. I know that after formatting there will be some unavailable space (system files, etc.) on it. What size do I have to set in Disk Management, if I want that partition to be exactly 700,0GB in the explorer after...
  9. Partition Managers fail after trying to re-size windows partition

Partition Managers fail after trying to re-size windows partition: Hi folks with latest versions of Windows - if you try and re-size the windows partition from Within windows the system fails -- you used to be able to start the resize then windows would boot into the relevant partition manager in command mode and finish. Now the re-boot...
  10. Formatting a partition

Formatting a partition: Before doing this I want to be 100% certain I am not formatting the entire C: drive. In Disk Management if I format a partition that had the recovery files will the rest of the hard drive be left alone? 128708

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Create partition primary size=30000