Windows 10: Windows 10 partition wont boot anymore

Discus and support Windows 10 partition wont boot anymore in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; It's a little complicated. As a fan of windows XP I'd like having one as dual boot with my Windows 10, but after completing it the only windows to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Uwltoamym., Jan 20, 2019.

1. Windows 10 partition wont boot anymore

It's a little complicated.

As a fan of windows XP I'd like having one as dual boot with my Windows 10, but after completing it the only windows to start is the XP.

I tried a lot of methods to boot into windows 10 but the partition it is on is not the default.

Because of that i navigated to system and restore to change it (in win xp), but the only OS in the list was xp and in the boot file i could clearly see it is set to partition 2 windows xp.

My question is can i somehow boot to windows 10 so i can delete the windows xp partition and never install it again or i will need someone with instalation media to fix my laptop. All i need is my windows 10 back thats all so can someone please help?

:)

Uwltoamym., Jan 20, 2019
  2. W1zzard Win User

W7 Hard drive partition issue

to get rid of that 100 meg windows partition that setup creates for you on a new install on a blank hdd:

- press shift+f10 when on the partition management screen in setup <-- this opens a command prompt
    - diskpart <-- start the windows command line partition management tool
    - list disk <--- list the installed hdds in this computer for the next step
    - select disk 0 <- might have to replace 0 with the number of the correct disk
    - clean <-- this will erase all data on the disk you selected one step up- dont use the wrong disk!
    - create partition primary <- creates a primary partition taking up all space on the drive, adjust the command if necessary
    - exit, exit to exit diskpart and the command prompt
    - click refresh in partition manager and select your newly created partition and install to that

W1zzard, Jan 20, 2019
  3. Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Jan 20, 2019
  4. Dandel Win User

Windows 10 partition wont boot anymore

How to go about building a tri-boot system?

i dual boot all the time, and going in to tri boot is easy.

step 1) partition the drive in to 3 partitions ( leaving 1 empty for the linux installer. )
    step 2) install windows on the first 2 partitions.
    step 3) install linux, and let it auto partition the remaining space. ( i recommend at least 30gb of space for linux, because it will make things a lot easier. )

step 4) enjoy.

Dandel, Jan 20, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 partition wont boot anymore

1. Windows 10 partition wont boot anymore - Similar Threads - partition wont boot

2. Can't boot into my hp recovery partition anymore

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't boot into my hp recovery partition anymore: I wanted to try out Linux on my old HP laptop to see if it will run better. I couldn't use some programs on linux and I got tired of trying to fix issues. I decided to reinstall Windows on my laptop. Since I deleted my previous Windows installation the recovery partition...
  3. Can't boot into my hp recovery partition anymore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't boot into my hp recovery partition anymore: I wanted to try out Linux on my old HP laptop to see if it will run better. I couldn't use some programs on linux and I got tired of trying to fix issues. I decided to reinstall Windows on my laptop. Since I deleted my previous Windows installation the recovery partition...
  4. Windows 10 wont boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 wont boot: My daughters windows 10 wont boot. It gets to the Auris eagle the stays there. I have tried booting from the original windows USB but it will not repair. The only option is to re-install. When I try this, it will not give me the option to install & keep files. It only allows...
  5. Windows 10 won’t boot anymore

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 won’t boot anymore: Hi everyone. Yesterday while using my laptop(HP Pavilion Gaming 15) windows crashed twice In the span of a couple of hours with kernel security check failure stop code. At this point it was still booting properly. I wanted to find out what causes it and fix it so I ran...
  6. Windows 10 wont boot anymore (automatic repair won’t load)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 wont boot anymore (automatic repair won’t load): [IMG] submitted by /u/finsterer1020 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jxn0zp/windows_10_wont_boot_anymore_automatic_repair/
  7. Windows 10 wont boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 wont boot: Since this morning my PC won't boot, windows says it encounters an issue while starting and I can't do anything, it can't use system restore, it can't uninstall yesterdays updates, it can't fix anything with startup repair, if I try to use safe mode the same issue is there....
  8. My system wont boot one of my windows 10 partitions

My system wont boot one of my windows 10 partitions: Hi, I have an 1TB SSD with three partitions each running windows 10 home edition. One of the partitions wont boot. [IMG] I have a (Gaming partition) that boots into windows fine, a (Fallout 4) partition thats boots into windows fine, and a (Skyrim partition) that wont boot...
  9. Windows 10 Laptop wont boot anymore

Windows 10 Laptop wont boot anymore: So one day i booted my acer laptop and its so slow too boot up so i waited for about 2-4 hours as i remember so i was going to do a normal task web browsing create power point etc and the UI is so slow opening apps are slow opening folder etc up to the point that the laptop...
  10. Windows 10 wont boot ''root cause found: boot configuration corrupt. partition table...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 wont boot ''root cause found: boot configuration corrupt. partition table...: Hi, I'm trying to repair my PC for 5 days now, i don't have money for a professional IT and I tried to follow a ton of tutorials, blog post and chats I could finde in every language I know. Nothing works ! I am desperate and frustrated a large part of my life both...