Windows 10: Windows 10 passoword screen is blank at logon for Microsoft account

Discus and support Windows 10 passoword screen is blank at logon for Microsoft account in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I recently built a new computer specs below and installed Windows 10 from a flash drive I created on the old computer that was working fine. Normal... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by MeterSales, Mar 29, 2021.

1. Windows 10 passoword screen is blank at logon for Microsoft account

I recently built a new computer specs below and installed Windows 10 from a flash drive I created on the old computer that was working fine. Normal logon is fine. However I added my Microsoft account as another user. When I went to switch accounts, I selected the new user account. The white dialogue box came up with the "Loading" animation. After the animation went away, I was left with a blank, white dialogue box. This stays unchanged until the screen turns off.

I have a Sonicwall TZ400 network security appliance with DPI-SSL enabled. I have added the certificates to the Trusted Root Certificates for IE, Edge, Chrome, and Firefox. Initially I had a problem with not being able to load websites, but found the problem in my ESET Endpoint Security and solved the issue by disabling and re-enabling either the Web Control or the Web Access Protection, which seemed to re-install its own certificates in all of the browsers.

New Computer Specs

• AMD Ryzen 5 3400G CPU
    • ASUS Prime B450 motherboard
    • Ripjaws DDR4-3600 8GBx2 RAM
    • Western Digital Black SN750 M.2 SSD

:)

MeterSales, Mar 29, 2021
  2. FiiLeTe Win User

Window 10 Auto-Logon (Hotmail/MS Account)

Hello everyone!

So, i've updated my PC to Windows 10 and i have a little problem.

Anyone knows how to auto-logon without asking for password using Hotmail/MS Account? I i've already tried the trick using "netplwiz" from Windows 8 wich always worked totally, and in Win10 it just does not work, it keeps asking me for password...

Anyone knows how to bypass this without having to create a local account?

Cheers.

FiiLeTe, Mar 29, 2021
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Mar 29, 2021
  4. Zakin Win User

Windows 10 passoword screen is blank at logon for Microsoft account

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Windows 10 passoword screen is blank at logon for Microsoft account :(

Zakin, Mar 29, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 passoword screen is blank at logon for Microsoft account

1. Windows 10 passoword screen is blank at logon for Microsoft account - Similar Threads - passoword screen blank

2. I cannot logon to my microsoft accounts. I just get a blank white small screen.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I cannot logon to my microsoft accounts. I just get a blank white small screen.: I have tried shutting down and restarting with no effect. I have a HP Pavilion laptop and have Windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-logon-to-my-microsoft-accounts-i-just-get/3bb7550e-c14c-4743-9141-035927490bfe
  3. I cannot logon to my microsoft accounts. I just get a blank white small screen.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot logon to my microsoft accounts. I just get a blank white small screen.: I have tried shutting down and restarting with no effect. I have a HP Pavilion laptop and have Windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-logon-to-my-microsoft-accounts-i-just-get/3bb7550e-c14c-4743-9141-035927490bfe
  4. I cannot logon to my microsoft accounts. I just get a blank white small screen.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Microsoft account login shows a white blank screen

Microsoft account login shows a white blank screen: I've tried everything really haha, but nothing seems to work.I was just given a computer to fix and it has the following problem: When you open any Windows application that connects to the Microsoft account MsEdge, Windows Store, Office, OneDrive, etc. It starts the login...
  6. KB5017328 causes blank screen after logon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    KB5017328 causes blank screen after logon: Installing KB5017328 causes a blank screen after user logon. The only way I resolved was to remove KB5017328.At the blank screen I was able to start Task Manager and logon as Administrator successfully where I proceeded to remove KB5017328. Why it only blanks the screenafter...
  7. KB5017328 causes blank screen after logon

KB5017328 causes blank screen after logon: Installing KB5017328 causes a blank screen after user logon. The only way I resolved was to remove KB5017328.At the blank screen I was able to start Task Manager and logon as Administrator successfully where I proceeded to remove KB5017328. Why it only blanks the screenafter...
  8. Microsoft account logon problem

Microsoft account logon problem: Used my laptop on Friday no problem, but today when I tried logging on it said it was an incorrect password. I double checked e-mail and password, Caps Lock was off and language was EN. Went onto my ipad and had no difficulty accessing my Microsoft account, so whilst on there...
  9. Windows 10 Logon screen

Windows 10 Logon screen: Hello guys, I want to make a new logon/logoff/security options/welcome screens on my Windows 10 to make it 3D, Futuristic and with different behavior I use a Windows 10 Home x64 HP Laptop...
  10. Change Microsoft account to Local account for logon

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Change Microsoft account to Local account for logon: Hello new to these forums and to Windows 10 in general - Windows 7 reasonably OK with. I bought a new laptop running Windows 10 Home 64 bit, and the initial setup left me with my Microsoft account and password as my sign in and my User folder as the first 5 letters of my...