Windows 10: Windows 10 password authentication fails when connected to the VPN

Discus and support Windows 10 password authentication fails when connected to the VPN in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; We have been experiencing a weird issue for the past couple of weeks. When CISCO any connect is connected you cannot unlock the computer if it locks.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Steven D. Powell, Dec 18, 2019.

1. Windows 10 password authentication fails when connected to the VPN

We have been experiencing a weird issue for the past couple of weeks. When CISCO any connect is connected you cannot unlock the computer if it locks.

I found this thread describing exactly the same symptoms.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...o-unlock/a1fa38d8-f00e-4fb8-810f-c411b4afa50a

Describing my exact problem, but there were no solutions posted with the post locked.

Did anyone find a solution to the problem?

:)

Steven D. Powell, Dec 18, 2019

2. Windows10 Password Authentication Fails to Unlock Screen When VPN Activate

I suspect Windows10 cannot authenticate my user account while a Virtual Private Network (VPN) is running. If my screen locks while my VPN is running, Windows10 displays the following message after I type a password that I
    know is correct.

That password is incorrect. Make sure you’re using the password for your Microsoft account. You can always reset it at account.live.com/password/reset

I have reset my password multiple times before I finally put the pieces together. I really don't want to disable the automatic locking of my screen during inactivity, and disconnecting an reconnecting from the VPN would also
    be a hassle. I have many windows and apps running while I work.

Here is the scenario that causes the problem.

• I power up my computer and login to Windows10 using my Hotmail credentials.

• I begin working, which includes using Cisco Any Connect to establish a VPN. This app has been specifically configured by my company.

• I walk away from the computer (let’s say to eat lunch).

• I return to a locked screen, so I click my user account and enter my password.

• No good. I’m locked out with the message ‘That password is incorrect’.

One more note: I have used Cisco Any Connect and Windows10 together for some time now. This is new behavior.

The following is from the Windows Event Viewer app.Windows Logs / Security

An account failed to log on.

Subject:

Security ID:SYSTEM

Account Name:XXXXXX$

Account Domain:WORKGROUP

Logon ID:0x3E7

Logon Type:2

Account For Which Logon Failed:

Security ID:NULL SID

Account Name:-

Account Domain:-

Failure Information:

Failure Reason:An Error occured during Logon.

Sub Status:0xC0070005

Process Information:

Caller Process ID:0x218

Caller Process Name:C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe

Network Information:

Workstation Name:-

Source Network Address:127.0.0.1

Source Port:0

Detailed Authentication Information:

Logon Process:User32

Authentication Package:Negotiate

Transited Services:-

Package Name (NTLM only):-

Key Length:0

This event is generated when a logon request fails. It is generated on the computer where access was attempted.

The Subject fields indicate the account on the local system which requested the logon. This is most commonly a service such as the Server service, or a local process such as Winlogon.exe or Services.exe.

The Logon Type field indicates the kind of logon that was requested. The most common types are 2 (interactive) and 3 (network).

The Process Information fields indicate which account and process on the system requested the logon.

The Network Information fields indicate where a remote logon request originated. Workstation name is not always available and may be left blank in some cases.

The authentication information fields provide detailed information about this specific logon request.

- Transited services indicate which intermediate services have participated in this logon request.

- Package name indicates which sub-protocol was used among the NTLM protocols.

- Key length indicates the length of the generated session key. This will be 0 if no session key was requested.

Summary of Administrative Events. After seeing the “Source” named
    acvpnagent contained many error, I double clicked the
    acvpnagent row in the summary section, and a history list of
    acvpnagent errors appeared. When I select one of the errors, the following information displays.:

• General
    Function: CIpcTransport::OnSocketReadComplete

File: .\IPC\IPCTransport.cpp

Line: 900

Invoked Function: CSocketTransport::readSocket

Return Code: -31588312 (0xFE1E0028)

Description: SOCKETTRANSPORT_ERROR_GET_RESULT_FAILURE:The system get result call for the socket failed.

• Details
    System: Channel: Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client

Event Data:

Function: CIpcTransport::OnSocketReadComplete File: .\IPC\IPCTransport.cpp Line: 900 Invoked Function: CSocketTransport::readSocket Return Code: -31588312 (0xFE1E0028) Description: SOCKETTRANSPORT_ERROR_GET_RESULT_FAILURE:The
    system get result call for the socket failed.

Code_Smith, Dec 18, 2019
  3. Knoxx29 Win User
    Vpn ( trusted Vpn)

Hi everyone.
    I am not an expert about Vpn and that's why I would like to know if someone could list me a few trusted Vpns, I would really appreciate any suggestion/ advice.

Thanks.

Knoxx29, Dec 18, 2019
  4. Windows 10 password authentication fails when connected to the VPN

How to set up a VPN in Windows 7 HELP!!

Following are the steps for configuring Incoming VPN Connection in Windows 7

First go to Control Panel and open Network and Sharing Center.
    Click on Change adapter settings.
    Press Alt+F and select New Incoming connection
    Put a check on who you’d like to give access to this computer or you can configure a new account by clicking on Add someone,after that click on Next.
    Put a check mark on Through the Internet. Click on Next.
    Select the protocols you want to enable for this connection. Click on Allow access.
    Make a note of the Computer name as this will be used by the client to connect to this computer and after that Click on Close.

Following are the steps for configuring Outgoing VPN Connection in Windows 7

First go to Control Panel and open Network and Sharing Center.
    Click on Set up a new connection or network.
    Select Connect to a workplace then click on Next.
    Select Use my internet connection (VPN).
    Type the IP address or computer name where you wish to connect and your connection name under the Destination name field.
    Enter a User name and password that has been granted access to the host computer.
    For getting connected through created VPN connection, you can either right-click on the Network icon in the system tray and select Network and Sharing Center or go to Control Panel and open Network and Sharing Center, and click on Connect to a network.
    Now connect VPN Connection windows will appears.

brandonwh64, Dec 18, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 password authentication fails when connected to the VPN

1. Windows 10 password authentication fails when connected to the VPN - Similar Threads - password authentication fails

2. Getting an error when connecting to VPN "The L2TP connection attempt failed .."

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting an error when connecting to VPN "The L2TP connection attempt failed ..": Hi, I am having an error when conencting to VPN, "The L2TP connection attempt failed because the security layer encountered a processing error during initial negotiations with the remote computer." It's weird because I was just able to connect last week, all of a sudden it is...
  3. Getting an error when connecting to VPN "The L2TP connection attempt failed .."

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Getting an error when connecting to VPN "The L2TP connection attempt failed ..": Hi, I am having an error when conencting to VPN, "The L2TP connection attempt failed because the security layer encountered a processing error during initial negotiations with the remote computer." It's weird because I was just able to connect last week, all of a sudden it is...
  4. PowerShell password authentication failed for user

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PowerShell password authentication failed for user: Hi,I am learning database management and the course has exercises using PowerShell. We practice creating user by connecting to Postgres, but also to do so locally with command:PS C:\Users\*me*> createuser --interactiveEnter name of role to add: test_interactiveShall the new...
  5. PowerShell password authentication failed for user

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PowerShell password authentication failed for user: Hi,I am learning database management and the course has exercises using PowerShell. We practice creating user by connecting to Postgres, but also to do so locally with command:PS C:\Users\*me*> createuser --interactiveEnter name of role to add: test_interactiveShall the new...
  6. PowerShell password authentication failed for user

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Failed to connect to the server, Not Authenticated with Minecraft.net

in Windows 10 News
    Failed to connect to the server, Not Authenticated with Minecraft.net: [ATTACH]Here is a guide on how to fix the ‘Not Authenticated with Minecraft.net’ error on Minecraft. Minecraft is a popular video gaming series developed and published by Mojang Studios and Xbox Game Studios. While it offers a great gaming experience, you might also run down...
  8. Windows 10 failed authentication

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 failed authentication: I have a Dell Inspiron 15 7000 w Nvidia gpu and i7 cpu. After I shut down my laptop last night, I boot it up this morning to find that my usual password is not accepted In the startup login menu. It is the same password I have used every time. Upon further analysis,...
  9. Norton Secure VPN failing to connect Windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Norton Secure VPN failing to connect Windows 10: Does anyone know a possible solution concerning connectivity of the secure VPN offered by Norton 360 with Microsoft 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/norton-secure-vpn-failing-to-connect-windows-10/164c9096-ace0-44f5-a47a-4ecf546e14dd
  10. windows 10 l2tp/ipsec vpn connection failed

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows 10 l2tp/ipsec vpn connection failed: The L2TP connection attempt failed because the security layer encountered a processing error during initial negotiations with the remote computer. kindly send regedit settings for this to connect secure-key l2tp for windows 10 in windows 10 regedit...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cisco anyconnect event 31588312 (0xFE1E0028) SOCKETTRANSPORT_ERROR_GET_RESULT_FAILURE:The system get result call for the socket failed.

2. cannot unlock windows 10 after vpn

3. event 31588312 (0xFE1E0028)

4. error 0xc000006d a 0xc0070005