Windows 10: Windows 10 Password expires & windows 10 is linked to my microsoft account, what will...

Discus and support Windows 10 Password expires & windows 10 is linked to my microsoft account, what will... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I'm running windows 10 pro on a desktop. Windows is linked to my Microsoft account online so my computer password is the same as my Microsoft account... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Keith_LV2004, Nov 21, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Password expires & windows 10 is linked to my microsoft account, what will...

I'm running windows 10 pro on a desktop. Windows is linked to my Microsoft account online so my computer password is the same as my Microsoft account password. My local domain (corporate policy) requires that I set my windows password to expire every 90 days. That is about to happen and I'm going to be forced to set a new windows password. When I change my windows password what will happen to the link to my Microsoft account?

1. will it also reset my Microsoft account password online (that's ideal)? OR

2. will is only change my local password and break the link with my Microsoft account and thus I can no longer use my Microsoft account to get into my computer if I get locked out? OR

3. Something else?

This is particularly important because I have other Microsoft devices (surface Pro 6) which is ALSO linked to my microsoft account and so any changes would then affect that device too.

:)

Keith_LV2004, Nov 21, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Nov 21, 2019
  3. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Nov 21, 2019
  4. Scrizz Win User

Windows 10 Password expires & windows 10 is linked to my microsoft account, what will...

Windows 10

you don't have to use a Microsoft account....
    I know I'm not.

Scrizz, Nov 21, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Password expires & windows 10 is linked to my microsoft account, what will...

1. Windows 10 Password expires & windows 10 is linked to my microsoft account, what will... - Similar Threads - Password expires linked

2. Windows 10 expired password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 expired password: I’ve have had my new computer nearly two months and today when I turned it on I got the message my password has expired but I can’t remember ever setting one for this computer, so it won’t let me reset it because I don’t know the expired password. The thing is it let me log...
  3. windows 10 administrator password expired

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    windows 10 administrator password expired: hi my windows administrator account password has expired and was not notified that i have to change it and I have no idea how i can login or change my password as certain apps require administrator account password I am stuck here please help how can I fix this issue....
  4. Password Expired Windows 10 Pro

Password Expired Windows 10 Pro: I receive a message in Notifications that my password has expired. No indication of what password. Windows 10 Pro with all latest updates installed. Dell Inspiron 7786 64-bit, Notebook Version: 2004 OS Build: 19041.388 Any help appreciated....
  5. Windows 10 password expired?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 password expired?: I got back in by just pressing the right arrow because I don't have a password. Is there anyway to switch the expiry date off or extend it. submitted by /u/Codeline7 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hk9sei/windows_10_password_expired/
  6. Password expiration on Windows 10

Password expiration on Windows 10: How do I disable password expiration on Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/password-expiration-on-windows-10/552502a1-8b19-4717-b0de-00555a8db2b6
  7. Windows 10 password linked to microsoft store

Windows 10 password linked to microsoft store: Encountered serious problems with Microsoft store uk. Purchased years ago visual studio version 2013 for which I still have a licence no subscription Bought a surface pro laptop and consequently windows 10 professional as well as office pro. Started getting notifications...
  8. How to check what Windows 10 Edition is linked to my Microsoft account?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to check what Windows 10 Edition is linked to my Microsoft account?: As the title said. Earlier I tried to activate my Windows 10 (Home) freshly installed from iso and connecting to my Microsoft account won't activate it for some reason. I got the license from upgrading to Windows 10 from a Windows 8.1 which were upgraded from Windows 8....
  9. My windows 10 won't link to my Microsoft account.

My windows 10 won't link to my Microsoft account.: When I upgraded for free from windows 8 to windows 10 I got a digital license on my microsoft account but somehow I've deleted it when browsing through my account. At the time I contacted the support and was told that once I reinstalled Windows 10 I'd get my license back in...
  10. Linking Windows 10 to my Microsoft Account Question

Linking Windows 10 to my Microsoft Account Question: OK, I have quite a few PC's all upgraded to windows 10 from Windows 7 or 8. I have roughly 11 or 12 that are used at various points. So my question is, Can I link all those systems with genuine windows 10 upgrade digital license to the same Microsoft account? I don't want to...