Windows 10: Windows 10 "Password Incorrect" error when attempting to recover a USB system image backup.

Discus and support Windows 10 "Password Incorrect" error when attempting to recover a USB system image backup. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I'm using my account username and password that I use to login. I am the Administrator on the account and the only user. No backup and restore... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AndreaMcNeely#7, Jan 22, 2021.

1. Windows 10 "Password Incorrect" error when attempting to recover a USB system image backup.

I'm using my account username and password that I use to login. I am the Administrator on the account and the only user.

No backup and restore credentials were set before I saved the backup. How do I correct this?

:)

AndreaMcNeely#7, Jan 22, 2021

2. "PASSWORD IS INCORRECT" on entering the password when trying to recover from system image on Windows 10.

Original Title: Administrator account password

Hi

I am having problems (understatement of the millennium) with windows 10 and have been trying to recover from a system image on my hard drive. I am the only user of the PC and am set as administrator but when I attempt to recover I am prompted for the administrator
    password, when I enter the admin password "PASSWORD IS INCORRECT". I have tried resetting my Microsoft account password and get the same "PASSWORD IS INCORRECT" despite using that very password to log into this page. Help please.

PISSEDOFFWITHWINDOWS10DaveMorris, Jan 22, 2021
  3. System image recovery password incorrect

Thanks for your assistance:

I have not Problems loging into Windows account, so Login via pin on PC works, also via complete Password. Im able to Login to live Services via browser.

But when i boot to System recovery and try to do a System Image recovery, it say "Password incorrect".

Afer several attempts, i decided to boot via USB Install Media i*ve created 11.2015, and i was able to Login to System Image recovery console with the same Password i always use. Recovery was usccessfull, but i decided to do a clean install with a newly
    created USB boot stick with the latest Windows 10 Setup from 02.2016.

Seems to be an issue with an update maybe?

Kind regards

Markus KEREKI, Jan 22, 2021
  4. Windows 10 "Password Incorrect" error when attempting to recover a USB system image backup.

how to create system image backup of windows 10 (1709) in usb pendrive

I have two problems.

1-- I have created system image backup in one of the disk drive F.

when I tried to recover the system I reboot the laptop and complete the steps and finally showed the drive to select for recover i.e. dive E and not drive F which is not having system image backup. how to solve this problem ?

2--- I wish to create system Image backup in usb pen drive. but my windows 10 shows that this is not the valid drive. pl. let me guide to create system

image backup in pen dive.

DAHYABHAI PATEL, Jan 22, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 "Password Incorrect" error when attempting to recover a USB system image backup.

1. Windows 10 "Password Incorrect" error when attempting to recover a USB system image backup. - Similar Threads - Password Incorrect error

2. Attempt to recover of a backup image of Windows 10 fails

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Attempt to recover of a backup image of Windows 10 fails: Hello,I'm trying to restore a backup of Windows 10 on an older laptop Lenovo E540, UEFI boot after replacing HDD of the laptop with an SSD 500GB Seagate replaced with a 500GB Samsung EVO SSD. My so far attempts to restore the backup by booting either from a Windows 10...
  3. Attempt to recover of a backup image of Windows 10 fails

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Attempt to recover of a backup image of Windows 10 fails: Hello,I'm trying to restore a backup of Windows 10 on an older laptop Lenovo E540, UEFI boot after replacing HDD of the laptop with an SSD 500GB Seagate replaced with a 500GB Samsung EVO SSD. My so far attempts to restore the backup by booting either from a Windows 10...
  4. Attempt to recover of a backup image of Windows 10 fails

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Attempt to recover of a backup image of Windows 10 fails: Hello,I'm trying to restore a backup of Windows 10 on an older laptop Lenovo E540, UEFI boot after replacing HDD of the laptop with an SSD 500GB Seagate replaced with a 500GB Samsung EVO SSD. My attempts to restore the backup by booting either from a Windows 10 installation...
  5. Recovering Edge Passwords From Image Backup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recovering Edge Passwords From Image Backup: Can we just backup a file/directory ? Microsoft Edge, with Sync on, continually looses the password file. As does Chrome. Luckilly firefox still works.I do NOT want to use secondary password managers, as they simply are not secure.A simple file/directory backup seems to work...
  6. Recovering Edge Passwords From Image Backup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recovering Edge Passwords From Image Backup: Can we just backup a file/directory ? Microsoft Edge, with Sync on, continually looses the password file. As does Chrome. Luckilly firefox still works.I do NOT want to use secondary password managers, as they simply are not secure.A simple file/directory backup seems to work...
  7. Recovering Edge Passwords From Image Backup

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Recovering Edge Passwords From Image Backup: Was wondering of the possibility in this scenario... Win10 Pro latest release was backed up as an image file on a backup drive. The backup drive was moved to a new PC running Win10 Home. Is there a way to recover the Edge passwords from the image file? There is also the...
  8. System image recovery password is incorrect

System image recovery password is incorrect: Actually,my laptop has a blue screen of death problem. So i have made some changes to msconfig to safe boot in minimal . After the restart my pc says that the password is incorrect. Then i went to troubleshoot problems -> system image recovery and system startup repair. At...
  9. Can not recover with from a System Image Backup

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Can not recover with from a System Image Backup: Story: I have 6 Windows 10 systems. The drive in my G60 laptop just crashed out completely and while the three partitions can be seen in another PC neither the size nor any other information is available - it's trashed. It's 10 Home upgraded from Windows 7 back in the free...
  10. password to Recover is incorrect

password to Recover is incorrect: I am am trying to recover my PC because since my last update my computer boots to Windows but before everything loads I get a message which says that my PC will automatically restart in one minute. I do not have time to do anything when Windows is booted. I am trying to...