Windows 10: Windows 10 Password issue

Discus and support Windows 10 Password issue in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hello, hope someone can help on this. My son can't access his Lenovo Yoga 530 laptop. Earlier in the week he tried logging on, it may have updated... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by jimmy243, Mar 19, 2021.

1. jimmy243 Win User

Windows 10 Password issue

Hello, hope someone can help on this. My son can't access his Lenovo Yoga 530 laptop. Earlier in the week he tried logging on, it may have updated during this, but now his password isn't accepted and the facility for forgot / reset has disappeared from the screen. I'm not an expert on this but have tried various things. Firstly his Microsoft account password has been updated and neither that or the pin he was using to log in will work. I've tried all the various repair / recovery options but each one requires a password for his account, so I can't even reload Windows. Unfortunately there is no separate admin account. Using the on-screen keyboard doesn't make any difference. I've even tried various unlocking programmes though booting by USB but none of them are detecting any user accounts. I'm going round in circles, does anyone have any further suggestions. Thanks.

:)

jimmy243, Mar 19, 2021

2. Password issue

After going through the steps to make a new password, after a week or two, my login credentials are no longer valid. I'm forced to make a new password all over again. It seems to happen if I don't login in a certain period of time. Does our passwords expire???

GoFigureItOut, Mar 19, 2021
  3. Namslas90 Win User
    admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Mar 19, 2021
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 19, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Password issue - Similar Threads - Password issue

2. Password issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Password issue: How do I fix that, I have the issue with the pin and trying to fix it, everytime i open command propmt or try to reset it's saying my password is incorrect, I tried resseting my password for microsoft and gmail but it didn' work....
  3. Password issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Password issue: How do I fix that, I have the issue with the pin and trying to fix it, everytime i open command propmt or try to reset it's saying my password is incorrect, I tried resseting my password for microsoft and gmail but it didn' work....
  4. Password issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Issue with Account Password Prompt in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue with Account Password Prompt in Windows 11: Hello Microsoft Support,I am facing a critical issue on my Windows 11 laptop. I have two accounts, one standard and one administrator. The admin account is password-protected, but when I try to log in, the password prompt option doesn't appear. Instead, the standard account...
  6. Issue with Account Password Prompt in Windows 11

Issue with Account Password Prompt in Windows 11: Hello Microsoft Support,I am facing a critical issue on my Windows 11 laptop. I have two accounts, one standard and one administrator. The admin account is password-protected, but when I try to log in, the password prompt option doesn't appear. Instead, the standard account...
  7. Subject: Issue with Admin Account Password Prompt in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Subject: Issue with Admin Account Password Prompt in Windows 11: Hello Microsoft Support,I am facing a critical issue on my Windows 11 laptop. I have two accounts, one standard and one administrator. The admin account is password-protected, but when I try to log in, the password prompt option doesn't appear. Instead, the standard account...
  8. Subject: Issue with Admin Account Password Prompt in Windows 11

Subject: Issue with Admin Account Password Prompt in Windows 11: Hello Microsoft Support,I am facing a critical issue on my Windows 11 laptop. I have two accounts, one standard and one administrator. The admin account is password-protected, but when I try to log in, the password prompt option doesn't appear. Instead, the standard account...
  9. Issues with Windows 11 Search bar, Windows Setttings Search, Wifi password typing. Keyboard...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issues with Windows 11 Search bar, Windows Setttings Search, Wifi password typing. Keyboard...: AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows I have issues with my clients, when i deploy a new image to a PC, either lastest volume image 22h2 eller 23h2, and get updates, suddenly after the latest 2023-12 KB5033375 update comes on and i reboot my search bar keyboard input and everything...
  10. Issues with Windows 11 Search bar, Windows Setttings Search, Wifi password typing. Keyboard...

Issues with Windows 11 Search bar, Windows Setttings Search, Wifi password typing. Keyboard...: AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows I have issues with my clients, when i deploy a new image to a PC, either lastest volume image 22h2 eller 23h2, and get updates, suddenly after the latest 2023-12 KB5033375 update comes on and i reboot my search bar keyboard input and everything...