Windows 10: windows 10 password login issue

Discus and support windows 10 password login issue in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; i am running windows 10 home and just updated to the last windows update which I cannot recall because i did not write it down and i am old. my desktop... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by JohnHerrington, Jun 16, 2020.

1. windows 10 password login issue

i am running windows 10 home and just updated to the last windows update which I cannot recall because i did not write it down and i am old. my desktop device dell inspirion 3668 intel 5 7th generation. now i cannot login in with password and i did not create a password reset cd or thumb drive. i did try safe mode and cannot get past password. other than resetting to factory settings because i have a ton of pictures. so once again I am old and need help.i can login to my microsoft account and see the device listed.

Thanks in advance

John

:)

JohnHerrington, Jun 16, 2020

2. Password issue

After going through the steps to make a new password, after a week or two, my login credentials are no longer valid. I'm forced to make a new password all over again. It seems to happen if I don't login in a certain period of time. Does our passwords expire???

GoFigureItOut, Jun 16, 2020
  3. Password Issues

Hi Juliette,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

We apologize for the inconvenience caused.

Please answer the query, mentioned below:

• Do you login to Microsoft Account in your system?
    If yes, I suggest you to try to login in to your Microsoft account on other working computer. If you have forgotten your password, I suggest you to reset Microsoft account login password.

Please refer this link, mentioned below and follow the steps to resolve the issue.

Forgotten password and other sign-in problems.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-live/account-reset-password-forgot-faq

Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the updated information, in order to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

AntonyJose, Jun 16, 2020
  4. Rose Cal Win User

windows 10 password login issue

Windows 10 Login Issues -- Computer Password Does Not Work!

Hi Scott,

You may need to reset your password for you to access your account using password login since PIN login is not working. To efficiently assist you, we'd like to gather more information:

• Are you getting any error messages when you tried to login?
    • Which build and version of Windows 10 are you using?
    • Are you trying to log in to your Microsoft Account or to your Windows 10 local account?
    • Have you tried resetting your password?

Meanwhile, if you're trying to log in to your Microsoft Account, we suggest that you follow the steps in this

forum article
    shared by PaulSey on how to reset your password and recover your Microsoft Account.

If you're trying to log in to your Windows 10 local account, we suggest that you perform the instructions in this

article
    on how you can reset your Windows 10 local account.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Jun 16, 2020
Thema:

windows 10 password login issue

1. windows 10 password login issue - Similar Threads - password login issue

2. Login Issue with password forgotten

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Login Issue with password forgotten: I used to login my laptop through PIN instead of password till yesterday. But today when I opened my laptop and tried to login, it asks me to put password instead of PIN and I do not remember the password. I do not see the sign-in option to change the login method from...
  3. Login Issue with password forgotten

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Login Issue with password forgotten: I used to login my laptop through PIN instead of password till yesterday. But today when I opened my laptop and tried to login, it asks me to put password instead of PIN and I do not remember the password. I do not see the sign-in option to change the login method from...
  4. MSFS 2020 login password ISSUE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MSFS 2020 login password ISSUE: Hi All, I have recently installed first-time MSFS 2020. I used my MS account to log in as everyone does. The issue is, every time I start to play it asks me to log in and doesn't accept my password. It forces me to change my password. It does not retain the password. Now...
  5. Windows 10 Login Issue

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 Login Issue: Whenever I try to login to Windows 10, it prompts me with a window Like if you were logging into the Microsoft store or something to login. Thus I need internet to login and it takes more time since it needs to load a prompt. How do I disable this? I just wanna be able to...
  6. Password & Pin login issues

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Password & Pin login issues: Hi, My computer automatically updated today and it has switched from pin access to password. I have forgotten my password because ive used the pin for so long and now I am locked out! The sign in screen has no option to switch back to pin code and now I am completely...
  7. Windows 10 Home edition login password issue

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 Home edition login password issue: I left a laptop computer in my friend’s home recently. The laptop is running Windows 10 Home edition OS Build: 10.0.17134.706, Version: 1803. I use Microsoft account to log in. Now I want to give this laptop to my friend, but I don’t want her to know my Microsoft account...
  8. Password/Login issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Password/Login issue: Hello, I had my laptop at work, which has intermittent internet. It unfortunately started an update that did not install properly. Now my windows 10 doesn't want to let me login. It loads up to my screen saver when I turn it on, then when I try to click or press a button to...
  9. Windows 10 Login issue

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows 10 Login issue: Hi all. Hopefully my issue can be solved easily, but it is an issue that I've never encountered before. Basically, I just fired up my desktop PC and when I input the password, it isn't accepted by Windows, even though every other machine, laptop's, Xbox's, accounts on my...
  10. Windows 10 Login Issues

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 Login Issues: I cant login to my computer, I tried with PIN - it says the password was changed on different device and that I have to log in with my Microsoft Account password. After I entered my password it says that the password is incorrect, but I can log in with that password on...