Windows 10: Windows 10 Password requirement

Discus and support Windows 10 Password requirement in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Windows 10 upgrade from windows 8 - I want to permanently disable ANY and ALL password requirements for MY LAPTOP whether I am online or offline. When... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by PissedOffAboutWindows10, Sep 16, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Password requirement

Windows 10 upgrade from windows 8 - I want to permanently disable ANY and ALL password requirements for MY LAPTOP whether I am online or offline. When I am in airplane mode, your ridiculous company refuses to give me access to MY LAPTOP. Yes, I have tried EVERY SINGLE Solution suggested on these boards, and I don't want to know about home accounts or any other differentiating accounts. THIS IS MY DEVICE, NOT MICROSOFT'S. If you don't have any solution, try to be honest and say that the company has no interest in providing a solution and ZERO interest in my concerns as an end user.

While I'm waiting, I'm also searching for any instructions to EASILY determine the difference between a local account and a Microsoft account - I don't want to deal with either one - but there's, of course, no EASY directions. An understandable set of instructions on how to disable both accounts / or disable the password requirement for BOTH accounts is necessary.

:)

PissedOffAboutWindows10, Sep 16, 2020

2. Enable Require password on Wake up Windows 10

To further troubleshoot the issue, we suggest disabling and
    enabling
    the Require a password on wakeup settings on your power plan
    by following the steps below:

• Open the Advanced power settings for your current chosen
      power plan
    • Click on the Change settings that are currently unavailable link.
    • Set the Require a password on wakeup settings to Yes
      or No, and click on OK.

Once done with the steps, let us know how it goes.

Jefferson Ore, Sep 16, 2020
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Sep 16, 2020
  4. Windows 10 Password requirement

Do Not Require Password Settings don't work on Windows 10

I have been looking at the different questions and answers on How to disable startup password in Windows 10.

I have tried all of the suggestions with no luck. What Now?

Longfeather1QJ, Sep 16, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Password requirement

1. Windows 10 Password requirement - Similar Threads - Password requirement

2. Unable to disable Password/Pin required to login on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to disable Password/Pin required to login on Windows 10: In the past I have been able to login to my computer automatically without needing to enter my account password or the pin. However after re-installing windows 10 pro recently I am now unable to do this. I can see the instructions like in the following thread:...
  3. Windows 10 Pro 1903: No login/password field after screen lock - requires sleep mode/reboot...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 Pro 1903: No login/password field after screen lock - requires sleep mode/reboot...: Hello support I'm running Windows 10 Pro 1903 64-bit Build 18362.1082 on a Lenovo T490s. In the last week or so probably after some update, I am getting similar symptoms to other older posts on this issue whereby when the screen lock kicks in either automatically, or by...
  4. Requiring my password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Requiring my password: So recently I think I changed my password but I forgot it, I also forgot the phone number I was using because its an old one and not my new one. So I'm curious, why can't microsoft just email my email that I use for my actual account to restore my password. I got logged out...
  5. I don't require a password to login but Windows 10 is saying incorrect password

I don't require a password to login but Windows 10 is saying incorrect password: When I boot my computer I don't have a password, I simply click "sign in" to start windows. Suddenly, it now tells me "The password is incorrect. Try again" when I try to sign in. Considering there's no password, it's not as if I changed it and forgot, or typed it wrong,...
  6. "Your organization requires you to change your password"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "Your organization requires you to change your password": When installing the microsoft office package I accidentally left the box about letting them manage settings on my computer checked. Now it prompted me to change my PIN for login to 6 digits. An older post recommended signing out of my university account and signing back in...
  7. Require MS Authenticator verification after signing into Windows 10 with a MS acct password

Require MS Authenticator verification after signing into Windows 10 with a MS acct password: Hello, I have a Windows 10 desktop and I use it with my personal Microsoft account. I currently log in with 3 methods: 1. My Microsoft account password 2. My Windows Hello PIN Unique for that desktop 3.- My fingerprint I want to set it up so that: Option A: Methods 1...
  8. Password required at each sign in.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Password required at each sign in.: How can I bypass requirements of entering password with each start up of the computer. Netplwiz no longer shows [ ] box to untick to disallow other persons signing in....
  9. Local account still requires password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Local account still requires password: I set up my pc using a local account not a Microsoft account. I then ran netplwiz and unticked "users must enter a user name and password to use this computer". This having been done, it generally boots up without the need for a password; however, on a regular basis it will...
  10. Local account still requires password

in Windows 10 Support
    Local account still requires password: I set up my pc using a local account not a Microsoft account. I then ran netplwiz and unticked "users must enter a user name and password to use this computer". This having been done, it generally boots up without the need for a password; however, on a regular basis it will...