Windows 10: Windows 10 Password Reset Goes to MS Sales Download Screen

Discus and support Windows 10 Password Reset Goes to MS Sales Download Screen in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hi There My father has had a lot of issues over the last week resetting his Windows Account password on his Acer laptop. I have walked through it... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by MartinPlumley, Apr 3, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Password Reset Goes to MS Sales Download Screen

Hi There

My father has had a lot of issues over the last week resetting his Windows Account password on his Acer laptop. I have walked through it with him this morning and we've reset the password. I know that the password reset has worked because I can sign into his account on login.live.com with the new password. However, on the laptop, he is taken to a Microsoft sales screen which he can't get out of, shown below

Windows 10 Password Reset Goes to MS Sales Download Screen bc70304e-8613-4074-83d9-d69561da5916?upload=true.jpg

He is in France as you can see. This appears to be offering him a download of Windows, paid for. There seems to be no way out of the screen; the Windows key does nothing, there is no taskbar etc. Ctrl-Alt-Del offers the usual options.

He is stuck in lockdown in France with no access to his laptop so any help would be very gratefully received.

Thanks

Martin

:)

MartinPlumley, Apr 3, 2020
  2. P4-630 Win User

How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-do-forget-windows-password#1TC=windows-8

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, Apr 3, 2020
  3. Namslas90 Win User
    admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Apr 3, 2020
  4. Windows 10 Password Reset Goes to MS Sales Download Screen

reset laptop password

BTW, there's no jumper for a password reset in Windows.

DonInKansas, Apr 3, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Password Reset Goes to MS Sales Download Screen

1. Windows 10 Password Reset Goes to MS Sales Download Screen - Similar Threads - Password Reset Goes

2. Resetting Windows 10 PC before sale/disposal

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Resetting Windows 10 PC before sale/disposal: Have just purchased a new Windows 11 PC and managed to migrate my files and folders over from my old Windows 10 PC by using the OneDrive transfer option.Before I move my old PC on by either selling of gifting it, I have performed the "Reset this PC" process within the system...
  3. Resetting Windows 10 PC before sale/disposal

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Resetting Windows 10 PC before sale/disposal: Have just purchased a new Windows 11 PC and managed to migrate my files and folders over from my old Windows 10 PC by using the OneDrive transfer option.Before I move my old PC on by either selling of gifting it, I have performed the "Reset this PC" process within the system...
  4. Resetting Windows 10 PC before sale/disposal

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Problem with resetting password to MS account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with resetting password to MS account.: Yesterday, I tried to change my MS password too many times confusion with a new phone. At the end of the day I was told that I had to wait until tomorrow to try again. Now, today, I got the same message at the first attempt. How do I overcome this?...
  6. Problem with resetting password to MS account.

Problem with resetting password to MS account.: Yesterday, I tried to change my MS password too many times confusion with a new phone. At the end of the day I was told that I had to wait until tomorrow to try again. Now, today, I got the same message at the first attempt. How do I overcome this?...
  7. Windows 10 local reset goes to 91% and undoes changes. Cloud reset is unable to download.

Windows 10 local reset goes to 91% and undoes changes. Cloud reset is unable to download.: I'm trying to do a Windows 10 reset using keep my files because a virus attacked my computer on August 7, 2022. It's been the 10th day of trying to get my computer back to normal. I cannot perform a clean install because I have too many files to back up and I have no Windows...
  8. Free software 'on sale' in MS store?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Free software 'on sale' in MS store?: Search 'Dev CPP' in MS Store you'll find one published by 'Dev Packager' and priced 78RMB in CN, but this software is available for FREE atSourceforge . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/free-software-on-sale-in-ms-store/c0ee9232-09c6-40ad-8f12-42c7a76e78f8"
  9. .10 Sale

in Windows 10 Gaming
    .10 Sale: Not sure if this was posted anywhere, but MS is doing a .10 sale on certain games in the store...I guess it's supposed to change daily...but some of the games (normally $4.99 - $9.99) are only .10.....it's a great deal if you've been waiting for some games and if I recall,...
  10. MS Store 10¢ sale? When do they charge?

in Windows 10 Support
    MS Store 10¢ sale? When do they charge?: I decided to try their sale last month, bought a few movies and apps. But the only thing charged to my Papal was a regularly priced $4 app, none of the 10¢ movies have been charged. Anybody else see this? No big deal, but I'm the type that likes to button things up....