Windows 10: Windows 10 password security risk

Discus and support Windows 10 password security risk in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Is there truth to the 9/18/2021 story in FORBES in which Davey Winder the writer recommends Windows 10 users "delete their [Windows 10] passwords" due... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by David De Seguirant, Sep 20, 2021.

1. Windows 10 password security risk

Is there truth to the 9/18/2021 story in FORBES in which Davey Winder the writer recommends Windows 10 users "delete their [Windows 10] passwords" due to a security risk?

:)

David De Seguirant, Sep 20, 2021
  2. AsRock Win User

Is windsows 7 a security risk?

There is 2 security risks. No one can stop security holes even more so with MS software as it would be more targeted although Linux has got to be going up on that list to now.

1. Your comp being online
    2. The user

AsRock, Sep 20, 2021
  3. Windows 10 password security

Hi James,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. I’ll certainly help you with this.

• What is the exact error message you get when you enter the password?
    • Did you reset the password again?

If you haven't, I suggest you to Reset your password
    and check.

While entering the password, I suggest you to enter the password from the On screen keyboard. To do so, follow these steps.

• On the Lock screen, click on the Ease of access button near the Power button.
    • Enable the Onscreen keyboard and enter the password.
    • Before hitting enter, click on the eye logo to confirm the password and hit
      enter.

Hope this helps you. Let us know if the issue persist. We'll be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Azaruddin Syed, Sep 20, 2021
  4. Namslas90 Win User

Windows 10 password security risk

admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Sep 20, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 password security risk

1. Windows 10 password security risk - Similar Threads - password security risk

2. AllCachedMemberCapability Unknown accounts windows 10 22H2 Security Risk

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    AllCachedMemberCapability Unknown accounts windows 10 22H2 Security Risk: Hi. I have problems with all the Unknown accounts in windows 10 22H2. That only shows in AllCachedMemberCapability now.It seems like many people had access to my pc that only I use alone.Many times the folders has unknown account labeled on users which I can't remove...
  3. AllCachedMemberCapability Unknown accounts windows 10 22H2 Security Risk

in Windows 10 Gaming
    AllCachedMemberCapability Unknown accounts windows 10 22H2 Security Risk: Hi. I have problems with all the Unknown accounts in windows 10 22H2. That only shows in AllCachedMemberCapability now.It seems like many people had access to my pc that only I use alone.Many times the folders has unknown account labeled on users which I can't remove...
  4. Chrome Extensions Security Risk

in Browsers and Email
    Chrome Extensions Security Risk: Note this article about risks in Chrome extensions now removed Exclusive: Massive spying on users of Google's Chrome shows new security weakness - Reuters Does anyone know what extensions were removed and whether the same issue affects other chrome based browsers e.g. Edge...
  5. Chrome Extension Security Risk

Chrome Extension Security Risk: See here Chrome Extensions Security Risk 158904
  6. Question on Windows 10 Microsoft Account Security Risks

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Question on Windows 10 Microsoft Account Security Risks: I am wondering about the risks of using a microsoft account instead of local account on windows installation. If the microsoft account I signed up with got compromised, what additional risks are there to having the same account tied to my pc? I know that emails/onedrive are...
  7. Openvpn gets bypassed by windows 10? Security risk?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Openvpn gets bypassed by windows 10? Security risk?: I've encountered a strange phenomena while testing openvpn on windows 10. I have tested both a client from my vpn provider, and the openvpn software. According to ipleak.net, everything is working correct, I got my vpn IP number. But! I left it connected to the vpn, and a...
  8. Windows 10 - Swtich User Feature; Security Risk?

Windows 10 - Swtich User Feature; Security Risk?: When user using the switch user feature in Windows 10 in a business environment I want to confirm that there is no risk of hijacking the information on the account that is not being used? If that dormant user has files or information open when the switch user feature was...
  9. Windows 10 WiFi security risk

Windows 10 WiFi security risk: When my laptop is powered on, before I enter my password to login, there is a WiFi icon displayed on the login screen. Can I can connect to a router without logging into my computer? Doesn't this present a security risk? If someone steals my laptop and logs into their...
  10. Windows 10 Free Upgrade version- security risk?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Free Upgrade version- security risk?: Hello, I am brand new to the forums and have been administering IT for a couple years for a small company. I was just told by a network engineer that the free upgrade version of Windows 10 is considered a security risk because the "free version requires updates, cannot...