Windows 10: Windows 10 Password suddenly required

Discus and support Windows 10 Password suddenly required in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Suddenly I have to sign into Windows each time I turn on desktop PC. First it says password is not valid, then I choose my personal windows icon and... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Coquille, Mar 21, 2019.

1. Coquille Win User

Windows 10 Password suddenly required

Suddenly I have to sign into Windows each time I turn on desktop PC. First it says password is not valid, then I choose my personal windows icon and type in the password. Why do I have to sign in each time when before I did not have to?

:)

Coquille, Mar 21, 2019

2. Password suddenly required to start computer

I have been using Windows 10 for over a year (OS build 14393.693) and never set up a password since the computer is in my home and I'm the only user. Suddenly, two days ago, I'm required to have a password to log on. I was able to get in using my Microsoft
    account login. I've read the various suggestions from one or two years ago, such as typing "netplwiz" and unchecking the "users must enter..." box. This did not solve the problem. I do
    not want to use a password or PIN. I tried a system restore, but it failed. Here are my questions:

1. Was there a recent Microsoft update that has suddenly required this login?

2. How can I revert back to not needing a password or PIN to open my computer?

3. If I have to log in with a Microsoft account password, does that mean Microsoft has access to my computer?

Thanks.

Illinichip1, Mar 21, 2019
  3. Enable Require password on Wake up Windows 10

To further troubleshoot the issue, we suggest disabling and
    enabling
    the Require a password on wakeup settings on your power plan
    by following the steps below:

• Open the Advanced power settings for your current chosen
      power plan
    • Click on the Change settings that are currently unavailable link.
    • Set the Require a password on wakeup settings to Yes
      or No, and click on OK.

Once done with the steps, let us know how it goes.

Jefferson Ore, Mar 21, 2019
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Mar 21, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Password suddenly required - Similar Threads - Password suddenly required

2. Windows 10 Requiring Password on Startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Requiring Password on Startup: Hello,No matter what I do, Windows requires a password.On startup, first screen says incorrect password. Then when I click in the password section, my username shows up twice in the lower left of the screen.I am able to login under each username successfully with the same...
  3. Windows 10 Requiring Password on Startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Requiring Password on Startup: Hello,No matter what I do, Windows requires a password.On startup, first screen says incorrect password. Then when I click in the password section, my username shows up twice in the lower left of the screen.I am able to login under each username successfully with the same...
  4. Windows 10 Requiring Password on Startup

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. Sudden PIN requirement

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Sudden PIN requirement: We have a 4-year old laptop. We have suddenly encountered a demand that we enter a PIN to access our computer upon start-up. We're relatively ignorant regarding tech so if someone could explain how to rectify this without a lot of technical jargon, we'd appreciate it....
  6. Windows 10 Password requirement

Windows 10 Password requirement: Windows 10 upgrade from windows 8 - I want to permanently disable ANY and ALL password requirements for MY LAPTOP whether I am online or offline. When I am in airplane mode, your ridiculous company refuses to give me access to MY LAPTOP. Yes, I have tried EVERY SINGLE...
  7. Windows Startup suddenly requiring password

Windows Startup suddenly requiring password: After several years of using windows 10 'startup' in the "Never" require password sign-in mode on my desktop, for several days now, I have suddenly been required to use a password during startup. This apparently occurred subsequent to some 'automatic update' downloads from...
  8. Windows 10 computer suddenly requiring password again

Windows 10 computer suddenly requiring password again: I have a Windows 10 computer, which I have had for a while now. I had shut off the requirement for a password when turning it on. This has been fine for over a year. Never needing to enter a password. However, for the past 2 days, I have needed to enter the password. I...
  9. Windows 10 suddenly asking for a password.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 suddenly asking for a password.: I have Windows 10 on a home computer and I don't need the security of a password. I have it set to to boot without asking for the password. Recently, it started asking for the password. Rebooting the computer directly from that screen boots the computer without asking for the...
  10. Windows Password Required

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Password Required: Recently, my system's been requiring me to log into Windows 10 Home. I've used NETPLWIZ to check the User Account and the checkbox is unchecked for my Administrator account. Any other suggestions for removing the password requirement are appreciated. Thank you....