Windows 10: windows 10 password turned itself back on

Discus and support windows 10 password turned itself back on in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I had disabled password entry when starting my laptop. For over a week, the laptop could be used without a password. Today, it suddenly started... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by andrearie, Apr 13, 2020.

1. andrearie Win User

windows 10 password turned itself back on

I had disabled password entry when starting my laptop. For over a week, the laptop could be used without a password. Today, it suddenly started requiring a password again upon starting. None of my old passwords worked and it had to be reset. It is being used by family so is not currently with me. I need to allow my family to use it without having to give away my password. How can I disable password sign-in and have it stay? Is there a way to do this remotely?

:)

andrearie, Apr 13, 2020
  2. Namslas90 Win User

admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Apr 13, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 13, 2020
  4. P4-630 Win User

How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-do-forget-windows-password#1TC=windows-8

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, Apr 13, 2020
Thema:

1. windows 10 password turned itself back on - Similar Threads - password turned itself

2. Snap Windows automatically turns itself back on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Snap Windows automatically turns itself back on: I unwillingly upgraded to Windows 11 and somehow my restore points got deleted over night, and I can't go back to Windows 10. Anyways I am trying to accomplish the following:- Keep snap windows off- Able to drag and move full screen windows- Stop auto-resizing.So I turned off...
  3. Snap Windows automatically turns itself back on

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Snap Windows automatically turns itself back on: I unwillingly upgraded to Windows 11 and somehow my restore points got deleted over night, and I can't go back to Windows 10. Anyways I am trying to accomplish the following:- Keep snap windows off- Able to drag and move full screen windows- Stop auto-resizing.So I turned off...
  4. Laptop turns itself back on when unplugged

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop turns itself back on when unplugged: When I turn my laptop off and unplug it, it turns itself back on. If I shut it down while unplugged, it immediately restarts. If I shut it down while plugged in, it stays turned off. Need help to sort this please....
  5. Laptop turns itself back on when unplugged

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop turns itself back on when unplugged: When I turn my laptop off and unplug it, it turns itself back on. If I shut it down while unplugged, it immediately restarts. If I shut it down while plugged in, it stays turned off. Need help to sort this please....
  6. Computer turns itself back on immediately after shutdown -Windows 10

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer turns itself back on immediately after shutdown -Windows 10: This happened right after i installed a PCIe usb3 card and moved my graphics card. Also plugged PCIe into my power supply. Please help. Jumpers look good....
  7. My computer keeps turning itself back on by itself.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My computer keeps turning itself back on by itself.: I have followed the steps suggested by others regarding why my computer keeps turning itself back on after I turn it of...and have had no success in making it stop. Anything else I can try? The only way I can keep it off is to push the power button which sometimes causes...
  8. Windows Anti-Virus turning itself back on

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Anti-Virus turning itself back on: The Windows built-in anti virus is incredibly annoying as it keeps turning itself on, and getting rid of important files on my PC. Is there any way to permanently disable this?...
  9. Windows 10 computer turns itself ON

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 computer turns itself ON: I have a new to me refurbished (from Amazon) Dell Optiplex 9020 desktop with Windows 10. Attached to it are a Dell SE2719H monitor, Logitech Trackball, Brother Laser Printer, and Linksys Router. Everything seems to work fine, except ... In the evening, I turn it OFF at...
  10. Windows 10 Password Changed By Itself

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows 10 Password Changed By Itself: I have two laptops with Windows 10. Their windows password differs only with a "1" being added to the password of the other laptop. The mystery is that today I found that the laptop without the "1" needed it. I swear I did nothing to change it. It must be Window 10. Another...