Windows 10: windows 10 password unknown due to typo error?

Discus and support windows 10 password unknown due to typo error? in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I was scammed and had a new solid state hard drive put in my laptop. I tried to set up a windows password and proceded to create a pin. My new... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by JOELLUSBY, Sep 13, 2019.

1. JOELLUSBY Win User

windows 10 password unknown due to typo error?

I was scammed and had a new solid state hard drive put in my laptop. I tried to set up a windows password and proceded to create a pin. My new password is being rejected so the only thing I can imagine is that I managed to type the same error twice and ended up with some permutation of the password I intended. So now I am locked out of my PC.

I read through several on line "how to fix" for resetting my windows 10 password but none of it works? Surely there must be a way to fix this problem. It seems unreasonable that such an error makes my laptop with a new windows 10 and hard drive totally unusable...…..worthless?????

:)

JOELLUSBY, Sep 13, 2019
  2. Namslas90 Win User

admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Sep 13, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 13, 2019
  4. windows 10 password unknown due to typo error?

“Unknown layout specified in manifest” error on the Windows Store in Windows 10 1709 region Sweden

• Windows store gives error related to “Unknown layout specified in manifest” error on the Windows Store
    Tried resintalling and changing the region as mentioned in few blogs

tried reinstalling the .NET also

anymore suggestions

ArjunSingh5, Sep 13, 2019
Thema:

windows 10 password unknown due to typo error?

1. windows 10 password unknown due to typo error? - Similar Threads - password unknown due

2. Reporting MS website typos and errors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reporting MS website typos and errors: Is there a simple method or email address where one can report an error or typo found within the Microsoft.com website pages? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reporting-ms-website-typos-and-errors/6d7978bd-eb6c-469d-8e28-14d72d6fa42a
  3. Reporting MS website typos and errors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reporting MS website typos and errors: Is there a simple method or email address where one can report an error or typo found within the Microsoft.com website pages? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reporting-ms-website-typos-and-errors/6d7978bd-eb6c-469d-8e28-14d72d6fa42a
  4. Where to report "typo error" in Windows home screen?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Where to report "typo error" in Windows home screen?: Where to report "typo error" in Windows home screen? This is visible to all end-users. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-to-report-typo-error-in-windows-home-screen/e62781a1-82dc-42be-ae01-009302455239
  5. BSOD due to unknown reason

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD due to unknown reason: Had a BSOD while booting while ago. It quickly rebooted so i could not catch the error code . Want to know what caused it. My laptop came from repairs last week. Want to check if something is related to that. Last few months got frequent BSOD due to feature update. Whenever i...
  6. keyboard error wrong typos win 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    keyboard error wrong typos win 10: when i write "e" the result is "ce" when i write "u" the result is "yu" and so on how can u fix this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-error-wrong-typos-win-10/fd598fdd-40e3-4d09-9ff3-f57b622be187
  7. Slow performance due to unknown reasons.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Slow performance due to unknown reasons.: So, the issue started after Windows Feature Update 2004. My laptop which is only a month old began to lag and it was unable to open Office apps quickly and slowly the issue spread to not being able to multi task in Word and MS Teams simultaneously, unresponsive apps etc. I...
  8. Windows 10 password - unknown. Help!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 password - unknown. Help!: I bought my brother a laptop to use, as his was ruined in a flood. Shortly after, he passed away. He had set a password to get into the computer, and I cannot get into the computer. I do not know his password, nor the password to his recovery email address. How can I...
  9. Typo on Windows 10 COA

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Typo on Windows 10 COA: I opened up a OEM copy of Windows 10 today, did the lottery scratch off to expose the product key, and the key only has 24 characters. The first set is only four characters long -> XXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX Since is now nearly impossible to actually call someone @...
  10. Red typo lines when no typos

in Windows 10 Support
    Red typo lines when no typos: Hello everyone, I am experiencing the red typo lines when there are no typos. This happens on occasion when I'm typing emails and posting or responding to forums. It seems to occur when there is an actually typo and I correct the error. After that the entire post/email...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. due to the typo error