Windows 10: Windows 10 password - unknown. Help!

Discus and support Windows 10 password - unknown. Help! in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I bought my brother a laptop to use, as his was ruined in a flood. Shortly after, he passed away. He had set a password to get into the computer,... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by RonCrawford2, Dec 1, 2019.

1. Windows 10 password - unknown. Help!

I bought my brother a laptop to use, as his was ruined in a flood. Shortly after, he passed away.
    He had set a password to get into the computer, and I cannot get into the computer. I do not know his password, nor the password to his recovery email address.

How can I get past this without resetting the computer? We do not want to lose any of his (what may be) important information on the laptop.

If you can help me, please email me at < Personal information removed by VM > Desperate for answers, and have tried several things I've pulled off the internet, to no avail.

Thanks!

:)

RonCrawford2, Dec 1, 2019
  2. Namslas90 Win User

admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Dec 1, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 1, 2019
  4. Windows 10 password - unknown. Help!

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Dec 1, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 password - unknown. Help!

1. Windows 10 password - unknown. Help! - Similar Threads - password unknown Help

2. Startup looks for password to unknown account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Startup looks for password to unknown account: When I startup, Windows automatically tries to open an unknown account and tells me that the password is incorrect. I then select the other available user shown and enter my pin. When I go to Control Panel/User Accounts, the unknown account is not shown. To what account is it...
  3. Startup looks for password to unknown account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Startup looks for password to unknown account: When I startup, Windows automatically tries to open an unknown account and tells me that the password is incorrect. I then select the other available user shown and enter my pin. When I go to Control Panel/User Accounts, the unknown account is not shown. To what account is it...
  4. Help with this unknown error

in Browsers and Email
    Help with this unknown error: I keep getting this error message when I go to a site that I have visited for months. I use chrome browser. 403 ERROR The request could not be satisfied. It happens sporadically - I just tried it again and it connected. 10 minutes ago it would not. I did not do anything to...
  5. Unknown error message - help?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unknown error message - help?: Hi everybody! I don't know what sub to post this in, so I'm going here because I'm running Windows 10. I was just starting a download of a program onto my E: drive, and at about the same time I received this error message as a popup: A JavaScript error occurred in the main...
  6. Computer set an unknown password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Computer set an unknown password: I have 2 accounts on my computer - one administrator and one other. I downloaded Fortnite on the second account and everything seemed to be fine. Later, when downloading another game on the same account, a password screen saying "Do you want this app to make changes to your...
  7. Default Admin with unknown password

Default Admin with unknown password: Backstory: Was establishing new windows images for some of my companies older computers. I factory-reset a Dell Inspiron Tower, with Win10. I didn't bother backing up anything because it wasn't necessary. After factory-reset was complete, I attempted to establish the GoDaddy...
  8. windows 10 password unknown due to typo error?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    windows 10 password unknown due to typo error?: I was scammed and had a new solid state hard drive put in my laptop. I tried to set up a windows password and proceded to create a pin. My new password is being rejected so the only thing I can imagine is that I managed to type the same error twice and ended up with some...
  9. Unknown passwords in the Credential Manager

Unknown passwords in the Credential Manager: There are two unknown passwords in my Credential Manager. !. Windowsi laiendatud mandaat (Windows mandate expanded and 2. virtualapp/didlogical...
  10. Computer refuses signon with unknown password

Computer refuses signon with unknown password: Our computer has mysteriously acquired an unknown password and refuses any signon. We have purposely omitted any signon password (hit return at prompt) because our computers are secure. So the spontaneous injection of a password is problematical. We have tried most recently...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win 10 password unknown