Windows 10: Windows 10 password with dual boot

Discus and support Windows 10 password with dual boot in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I've reset my password for my Live account, yet it doesn't appear to have synced with my computer. I dual boot with Windows 7 and am wondering if there... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by SeanSebby, Apr 30, 2020.

1. SeanSebby Win User

Windows 10 password with dual boot

I've reset my password for my Live account, yet it doesn't appear to have synced with my computer. I dual boot with Windows 7 and am wondering if there may be a networking issue with drivers on the Windows 10 side. I can access 7 with a local account but not 10. Any help?

:)

SeanSebby, Apr 30, 2020
  2. topgundcp Win User

Dual Booting with Windows 8.1

The procedure below will allow you to boot Windows separately or in dual boot configuration.
    Here's what I recommend to do:
    1. Disconnect the drive containing Windows 8.1
    2. Install Windows 10 with one drive connected.
    3. After step 2, reconnect the drive containing Windows 8.1
    4. Boot up Windows 8.1. Open disk management and take a note of the drive letter of Windows 10 OS.
      NOTE: if you boot up Windows 10, then take a note of Windows 8.1 drive letter
    5. Open Admin command prompt and type: bcdboot X:\windows where X: is the drive letter of Windows 10 (Windows 8.1 if you boot from Windows 10 in step 4)
    6. Reboot the PC. You should have a dual boot screen.

NOTE: To break off the dual boot setting, Win+R->msconfig->boot and delete the none default entry on the list.

topgundcp, Apr 30, 2020
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Apr 30, 2020
  4. Windows 10 password with dual boot

dual boot windows xp with uefi windows 10

Hi,

It definitely is possible to do a dual boot of Windows 10 with a older version of Windows. There are several steps involved to successfully achieve your objective. For us to resolve your concern, we suggest you follow the step by step process provided by
    Andre Da Costa in the article:
    How to dual boot Windows 10 and older versions of Windows

This covers installing different versions of Windows alongside Windows 10 in a dual boot environment. Take note though to backup any important files that you have before proceeding with any of the steps to prevent any data loss.

We look forward to your response once you complete the steps.

Jordan Dom, Apr 30, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 password with dual boot

1. Windows 10 password with dual boot - Similar Threads - password dual boot

2. Windows 10 dual boot

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 dual boot: I have Windows 10 dual boot on my Acer Nitro 5 PC. 1st SSD has as OS Windows 10; 2nd SSD has as OS Windows 10 optimized for audio recording. When I shut down the PC and reboot later, the first boot bypasses the GRUB and boots straight to the last OS used. I then restart, the...
  3. Windows 10 dual boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 dual boot: I have Windows 10 dual boot on my Acer Nitro 5 PC. 1st SSD has as OS Windows 10; 2nd SSD has as OS Windows 10 optimized for audio recording. When I shut down the PC and reboot later, the first boot bypasses the GRUB and boots straight to the last OS used. I then restart, the...
  4. Windows 10 dual boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. dual boot windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    dual boot windows 10: Hi,I have windows 10 dual boot now running with windows 7.I want to start a 3rd dual boot entry. This will be a clean install of windows 10 on the same computer on a different HD. So I will have 2 versions of windows 10.I then want to slowly migrate to this new clean install....
  6. Dual Boot windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Dual Boot windows 10: Hello after a lot of research i didnt find any solution to my problem. I wanted to make a second clean windows boot option to install some programms because i felt my old disk was getting overloaded.I downloaded easybcd 2.4 and made a boot menu for 2 windows, it all seemed to...
  7. Dual Boot Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dual Boot Windows 10: Since there's now way to downgrade 2004 to 1909 without losing data since the 10 days is done How do I dual boot I have 2 drives c drive and d drive 2004 is currently on c drive is there a way to create a partition or something on d drive to install 1909 without losing data?...
  8. Windows 10 / dual boot..

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 / dual boot..: My system drive got corrupted and would not boot, and of course no backup.. There were files I wanted to keep on the drive so I installed a new drive.. I still had the old drive connected when I installed Windows 10 on the new drive.. Through this process, I ended up with a...
  9. Dual Boot Windows 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Dual Boot Windows 10: I have dual booted both windows 10 on my one solid state drive. They are both the professional edition and are version 1909. My question is I thought you could only activate ONE copy of windows on one pc. I have two Windows installations on my one ssd. Why is it that both of...
  10. Windows 10 Dual boot?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Dual boot?: I have heard that because of windows 10, you cannot dual boot. 1- Can you dual boot with Ubunto or Linux Mint? 2- If yes, must they be set in a partition alongside the Windows partition. Thanx 92289