Windows 10: Windows 10 Password

Discus and support Windows 10 Password in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; My Windows 10 build came from an Windows 8 upgrade. Recently, my password was replaced by a pin in lieu of password and that was great until a couple... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by srich1, Nov 5, 2018.

1. srich1 Win User

Windows 10 Password

My Windows 10 build came from an Windows 8 upgrade. Recently, my password was replaced by a pin in lieu of password and that was great until a couple weeks ago I used msconfig to boot to Safe Mode Networking and now it wants a password that is now somehow disassociated from my Microsoft account with no hint or link to resolve.

Anyway, I've been trying many things based upon a previous question to the community without success. I think it is at an end for now.

Thanks for any help

:)

srich1, Nov 5, 2018
  2. Namslas90 Win User

admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Nov 7, 2018
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 7, 2018
  4. P4-630 Win User

Windows 10 Password

How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-do-forget-windows-password#1TC=windows-8

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, Nov 7, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Password

1. Windows 10 Password - Similar Threads - Password

2. Unable to sign into windows —need new password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to sign into windows —need new password: Windows not accepting password.. need new password to get into Windows https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-sign-into-windows-need-new-password/7d7aebc9-c92f-4538-8149-6abcc10c2d08
  3. Unable to sign into windows —need new password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to sign into windows —need new password: Windows not accepting password.. need new password to get into Windows https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-sign-into-windows-need-new-password/7d7aebc9-c92f-4538-8149-6abcc10c2d08
  4. Unable to sign into windows —need new password

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. windows password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows password: How can I find out what it is windows password , for example when I am asked to put it in , because I put in the password for my email account but it does not work they need windows password , and I do not know the solution to the problem or what is meant by it in the first...
  6. windows password

windows password: How can I find out what it is windows password , for example when I am asked to put it in , because I put in the password for my email account but it does not work they need windows password , and I do not know the solution to the problem or what is meant by it in the first...
  7. windows password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  8. Protecting Onedrive file share with both restrictive email access and password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Protecting Onedrive file share with both restrictive email access and password: Hello,Currently trying to find a way to send a link only to specific emails with onedrive that will also allow me to password protect the link like I'm able to do when sending files via "share link with anyone" as opposed to "people you choose". Is there any way to do this?...
  9. Protecting Onedrive file share with both restrictive email access and password

Protecting Onedrive file share with both restrictive email access and password: Hello,Currently trying to find a way to send a link only to specific emails with onedrive that will also allow me to password protect the link like I'm able to do when sending files via "share link with anyone" as opposed to "people you choose". Is there any way to do this?...
  10. How to remove an admin account which has password in it? I'm not the admin

How to remove an admin account which has password in it? I'm not the admin: I'm sorry but I let someone use my laptop for a while and they accidently create an admin account and they cannot remember the password. It has limited my permissions to use my laptop, is there any way to remove it with the admin password?...