Windows 10: Windows 10 patch improves dark mode, fixes potential data loss bug

Discus and support Windows 10 patch improves dark mode, fixes potential data loss bug in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Windows 10 comes with a built-in dark mode, but it has a weird hybrid dark mode bug that brings in elements from both the dark mode and the light mode,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Nov 17, 2020.

1. WinLatest New Member

Windows 10 patch improves dark mode, fixes potential data loss bug

Windows 10 comes with a built-in dark mode, but it has a weird hybrid dark mode bug that brings in elements from both the dark mode and the light mode, which creates something that can look a bit wonky.

This problem is noticeable when you right-click on a file and the properties menu opens with elements from both themes. Similarly, some dialogs and windows in File Explorer or Control Panel are unreadable when using dark theme due to black on black text.

It looks like Windows 10 Build 19042.661, which is currently available for testers in the Release Preview Ring, has finally fixed the dark mode glitch in the operating system. It’s unclear if this fix will be released to non-Insiders next month as Microsoft is planning to suspend the rollout of optional previews until January 2021.

With this preview patch, Microsoft has also fixed an issue that breaks Media Creation Tool when you try to do an in-place upgrade.

As we reported last week, a bug in Windows 10 October 2020 Update forces users to reinstall the operating system without saving their files, apps or personal settings.

For those unaware, Windows 10 in-place upgrade is a wizard-based process to fix a Windows installation that simply goes off the rails. When enough things go wrong in Windows 10, users are advised to do an in-place upgrade.

In the Media Creation Tool or Windows 10 Setup tool, you can select “Upgrade this PC now” and then choose “keep your files and apps” to do an in-place upgrade. Unfortunately, Windows 10 20H2 enablement package breaks this feature and you won’t be able to keep all of your files and programs.

The good news is that Windows 10 Preview Build 19042.661 has finally fixed the issue, so it’s likely that it will get resolved in the next patch Tuesday release for everyone, which is on December 8.

Unfortunately, Microsoft still hasn’t fixed the long-standing bug that causes Windows 10 to incorrectly perform the TRIM command on non-SSD drives.

The post Windows 10 patch improves dark mode, fixes potential data loss bug appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Nov 17, 2020
  2. DaveM121 Win User

White line in File Explorer (Dark Mode)

Hi TechFixer

I am Dave, an Independent Advisor, I will help you with this . . .

This is a known bug in the Dark Mode in Windows 10and has been reported for over a year, with no specific fix being provided by Microsoft, hopefully they will be able to patch this in a future update . . .

For now, turn off Dark Mode, then restart (not shut down) your PC, then go back in and turn Dark Mode back on, that works for some people, if not, we have to wait until Microsoft patches this bug . . .

DaveM121, Nov 17, 2020
  3. dalchina Win User
    dalchina, Nov 17, 2020
  4. TechyMore Win User

iTunes Dark Mode: How to Enable and Use it?

macOS Mojave has a dark mode feature that is attracted by many people. So, Windows 10 lovers or users also want to enjoy this feature on their PC or laptop but many people don’t know how to enable dark
    mode in Windows 10. For that, you have to follow the instructions below.

• First of all, you have to search for the “Settings” in the search bar of your PC.
    • Now, when you get the setting window then you have to click on the personalization option.

Windows 10 patch improves dark mode, fixes potential data loss bug 567986b8-ea1e-4851-a1f5-ebe2bb407ddb?upload=true.png

• In the next step, you have to click on the Colors option which you can get on the left side.

Windows 10 patch improves dark mode, fixes potential data loss bug 0ac2117c-7f5e-4dc8-9e5d-3f7f38f8ad80?upload=true.png

• After that, when the colors option will open on your screen then you only have to scroll down and click on the Dark mode.
    For More Steps And Full Way Check Out Below url It 100% Helpful For Community. Thanks Have A Good Day.

Source: https://.com/itunes-dark-mode/

TechyMore, Nov 17, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 patch improves dark mode, fixes potential data loss bug - Similar Threads - patch improves dark

2. Dark Mode Bug - Windows 10 & 11

in Windows 10 Customization
    Dark Mode Bug - Windows 10 & 11: Hello there,Recently I've noticed there's some bugs present within the address bar on the dark mode theme, both for Windows 10 and 11 and I'm unsure if it's intended or not. Whenever the address bar is clicked into focus the highlight on the dropdown arrow bugs out and has a...
  3. Dark Mode Bug - Windows 10 & 11

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Dark Mode Bug - Windows 10 & 11: Hello there,Recently I've noticed there's some bugs present within the address bar on the dark mode theme, both for Windows 10 and 11 and I'm unsure if it's intended or not. Whenever the address bar is clicked into focus the highlight on the dropdown arrow bugs out and has a...
  4. Dark Mode Bug - Windows 10 & 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Dark Mode Bug - Windows 10 & 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Notepad Dark Mode Bug

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Notepad Dark Mode Bug: As you see in the above screenshot, the new notepad 11.2112.32.0 is having a white border surrounding it. My PC have installed 22000.572 and I'm using Vietnamese Language Pack....
  7. Notepad Dark Mode Bug

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Notepad Dark Mode Bug: As you see in the above screenshot, the new notepad 11.2112.32.0 is having a white border surrounding it. My PC have installed 22000.572 and I'm using Vietnamese Language Pack....
  8. Dark mode improvements in 21H1?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dark mode improvements in 21H1?: I was looking at the new features for 21H1, and it they seem limited to these three: Windows Hello multicamera support to set the default as the external camera when both external and internal Windows Hello cameras are present. Windows Defender Application Guard performance...
  9. Windows 10 october Dark mode bug ?

Windows 10 october Dark mode bug ?: how to fix this new dark mode ? im using windows 10 home r5 october update [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-october-dark-mode-bug/50254984-efdb-49d1-9365-97df6543e195
  10. Windows 10 october Dark mode bug ?

Windows 10 october Dark mode bug ?: how to fix this new dark mode ? im using windows 10 home r5 october update [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_theme/windows-10-october-dark-mode-bug/50254984-efdb-49d1-9365-97df6543e195