Windows 10: Windows 10 Patching

Discus and support Windows 10 Patching in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello, What is the current state of being able to manage patches yourself in Windows 10? I understand that the Home edition forces updates upon you?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/db7oh, Dec 9, 2019.

1. /u/db7oh Win User

Windows 10 Patching

Hello,

What is the current state of being able to manage patches yourself in Windows 10? I understand that the Home edition forces updates upon you?

Is that also the case with Pro? (by default I'm sure it is, but is there a way to create exceptions?) If so, is there such a thing as an OEM Enterprise license that can be had from Newegg, etc?

Also, does this vary between 1709/1803/1809/1909 etc?

Any reliable guides online for home users to create local policies to restore a Win7/XP type of patch management? I obviously don't have a WSUS server at home for 1-2 machines.

If there's a more appropriate forum for this, please let me know and thanks for any feedback.

submitted by /u/db7oh
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/db7oh, Dec 9, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 9, 2019
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Dec 9, 2019
  4. Robert11 Win User

Windows 10 Patching

eDellRoot Certificate Problem: Patch Available To Fix It Now ?

Hi,

The Patch you suggested worked well, and fast.
    Sure a lot easier than following 17 steps !

Any idea when the new Patch for the new problem will be available ?

Will it be posted here ? Where ?

Thanks again for all the help,
    Bob

Robert11, Dec 9, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Patching

1. Windows 10 Patching - Similar Threads - Patching

2. we are facing below issue while updating windows critical CU patches on almost 80...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    we are facing below issue while updating windows critical CU patches on almost 80...: we are facing below issue while updating windows critical CU patches on almost 80 computers. processor doesn't support for this version of window, processor is i7 almost 6 years old....
  3. we are facing below issue while updating windows critical CU patches on almost 80...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    we are facing below issue while updating windows critical CU patches on almost 80...: we are facing below issue while updating windows critical CU patches on almost 80 computers. processor doesn't support for this version of window, processor is i7 almost 6 years old....
  4. we are facing below issue while updating windows critical CU patches on almost 80...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    we are facing below issue while updating windows critical CU patches on almost 80...: kindly advise on below we are facing below issue while updating windows critical CU patches on almost 80 computers. processor doesn't support for this version of window.processor is core i7...
  5. we are facing below issue while updating windows critical CU patches on almost 80...

we are facing below issue while updating windows critical CU patches on almost 80...: kindly advise on below we are facing below issue while updating windows critical CU patches on almost 80 computers. processor doesn't support for this version of window.processor is core i7...
  6. Windows 11 file explorer tabs missing after upgrading to latest patch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 file explorer tabs missing after upgrading to latest patch: After upgrading to the last windows patch, parts of file explorer is missing and is just blank.Tab bar, navigation bar, navigation buttons, Address bar, search bar ribbons etc etc.. everything is just blank.Anyone else facing the same issue?...
  7. Windows 11 file explorer tabs missing after upgrading to latest patch

Windows 11 file explorer tabs missing after upgrading to latest patch: After upgrading to the last windows patch, parts of file explorer is missing and is just blank.Tab bar, navigation bar, navigation buttons, Address bar, search bar ribbons etc etc.. everything is just blank.Anyone else facing the same issue?...
  8. Win7 Ultimate 64bit OS still encounter the error code 52 after install KB3033929 patch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win7 Ultimate 64bit OS still encounter the error code 52 after install KB3033929 patch: OS: Win7 Ultimate 64 bitQuestions: I download the KB3033929 from this link Download x64 Windows 7 KB3033929 from Official Microsoft Download Center. when I install this patch, it show the messagebox about the patch has been installed in this computer. But I check info from...
  9. Win7 Ultimate 64bit OS still encounter the error code 52 after install KB3033929 patch

Win7 Ultimate 64bit OS still encounter the error code 52 after install KB3033929 patch: OS: Win7 Ultimate 64 bitQuestions: I download the KB3033929 from this link Download x64 Windows 7 KB3033929 from Official Microsoft Download Center. when I install this patch, it show the messagebox about the patch has been installed in this computer. But I check info from...
  10. Win7 Ultimate 64bit OS can't install KB3033929 patch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win7 Ultimate 64bit OS can't install KB3033929 patch: OS: Win7 Ultimate 64 bitQuestions: I download the KB3033929 from this link Download x64 Windows 7 KB3033929 from Official Microsoft Download Center. when I install this patch, it show the messagebox about the patch has been installed in this computer. But I check info from...