Windows 10: Windows 10 - Pause / Locks up for 30 or so sec - Service Host Remote Procedure Call(2)

Discus and support Windows 10 - Pause / Locks up for 30 or so sec - Service Host Remote Procedure Call(2) in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My Windows 10 Desktop is locking up or pausing every couple minutes and I see that Service Host Remote Procedure Call(2) is grabbing CPU during this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by RayPriceSK, Oct 12, 2018.

1. Windows 10 - Pause / Locks up for 30 or so sec - Service Host Remote Procedure Call(2)

My Windows 10 Desktop is locking up or pausing every couple minutes and I see that Service Host Remote Procedure Call(2) is grabbing CPU during this time.

I've tried finding solutions, but they all seem to reference troubleshooting apps that don't appear to be the same name or available on Windows 10. I can only find an automated cleanup that is running regularly and doesn't report any issues.

Any ideas? Haven't done any major upgrades or app installs.

:)

RayPriceSK, Oct 12, 2018

2. Unable to type or click on when Service Host: Remote Procedure Call (2) spikes to 30% in task manager on Windows 10.

Original Title: Service Host: Remote Procedure Call (2)

My computer keeps freezing every couple of minutes. I see on the Task Manager that "Service Host: Remote Procedure Call (2) is spiking to over 30% while this is happening. I am not able to type of click while this is happening. The longer I have my computer
    on, the worse it gets. Upon a fresh reboot, computer works fine for a while, but then it freezes so much I must reboot again. Any assistance from a wise person who knows how to stop this would be MUCH appreciated.

Thanks so much.

RickOMeara, Oct 12, 2018
  3. Remote Procedure Call Failed when opening Photos after resetting windows 10

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the below methods.

Method 1: Run Windows apps troubleshooter. Refer to the below Microsoft article.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Method 2:Follow the below steps to set the Remote Procedure Call locator service to automatic:

1. Press Windows key + R from the Keyboard.

2. Type services.msc and hit Enter.

3. Search for Remote Procedure Call locator service.

4. Double click on Remote Procedure Call locator service and click on Start button.

5. Click on the dropdown list and set the Startup type to Automatic.

Kindly post back with the updated issue for further assistance.

Thank you.

Pratiksha Devadiga, Oct 12, 2018
  4. Windows 10 - Pause / Locks up for 30 or so sec - Service Host Remote Procedure Call(2)

Windows 10 - remote procedure call failed

Hello Sasamaka,

We appreciate the time and effort you have put in to resolve the issue. Let me assist you with further information from here.

As an initial recommendation, I suggest you to check for the latest updates in Windows 10 which helps the PC to make optimal use of Windows 10 capabilities as well as fixing any missing links in performance of the operating system.

Ref: Announcing
    Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14251

Windows 10 periodically checks for updates so you don’t have to. When an update is available, it’s automatically downloaded and installed – keeping your PC up to date with the latest features.

To check for updates now, go to Settings > Update & security > Windows Update, and select
    Check for updates. If Windows Update says that your PC is up to date, you have all the updates that are currently available.

If the issue still persists, I suggest you to follow the below suggested methods and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Method 1

Check the status of Remote Procedure Call locator service. Make sure the Remote Procedure Call status is Started and set to Automatic. RPC Locator should be set to Manual.

• Follow the below steps:
    1. Click Start and type services.msc in the search box.

2. Search for the Remote Procedure Call locator service.

• Make sure the start- up type is manual. Follow the below steps:
    1. Search for the service.

2. Right click on the service.

3. If the service is stopped then start the service.

4. Select Properties.

5. And in the Start-up type select Manual.

Method 2

Check if the same issue occur when logged in through a different user account.

Follow the steps:

• In the search box on the taskbar, type
      settings and select Settings.

• Select Accounts > Other user accounts.

• Under Manage other accounts, select
      Add an account.

• At the bottom of the page, select
      Sign in without a Microsoft account.

• Select Local account.

• Enter a name for the new account. If you want this person to sign in with a password, enter and verify the password, add a password hint, and then select
      Next.

• Select Finish.

I suggest you to create another administrator user account by referring to

Set up accounts
    on Windows 10 article.

Write to us with the updated status. If the issue still persists, we would be happy to help you further.

Thank you.

Sayan_Ghosh, Oct 12, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 - Pause / Locks up for 30 or so sec - Service Host Remote Procedure Call(2)

1. Windows 10 - Pause / Locks up for 30 or so sec - Service Host Remote Procedure Call(2) - Similar Threads - Pause Locks sec

2. The remote procedure call failed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The remote procedure call failed: I have the following message on pc "the remote procedure call failed " that pops up when I try to log in. I restarted a few times without any success. We had a power dip & since then I am unable to log in....
  3. The remote procedure call failed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The remote procedure call failed: I have the following message on pc "the remote procedure call failed " that pops up when I try to log in. I restarted a few times without any success. We had a power dip & since then I am unable to log in....
  4. RPCSS Remote procedure call - Network services under windows 10

RPCSS Remote procedure call - Network services under windows 10: RpcSs Remote procedure call RPC Properties Local computer- Path to executable: C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k rpcss -pI recently changed manually by going to service properties window, start up type from disabled status to automatic status , now currently showing as...
  5. RPCSS Remote procedure call - Network services under windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RPCSS Remote procedure call - Network services under windows 10: RpcSs Remote procedure call RPC Properties Local computer- Path to executable: C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k rpcss -pI recently changed manually by going to service properties window, start up type from disabled status to automatic status , now currently showing as...
  6. RPCSS Remote procedure call - Network services under windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. The remote procedure call failed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The remote procedure call failed: So I was installing rdp wrapper, restarted the pc and now after trying to login i get a message saying "The remote procedure call failed".I am unable to login however through searching i think it has to do with the service remote procedure call, i dont know if its running and...
  8. Remote Procedure Call Failed

Remote Procedure Call Failed: Hi guys I tried to open my music thru Groove Music in windows10 But it shows me something like this [img] I checked my services RPC service is on [img] Any help? 52750
  9. Remote procedure call failed

in Windows 10 Support
    Remote procedure call failed: Towards the beginning of the year I started experiencing problems with the Start Menu. When I right clicked on some entries, I received an error 'The remote procedure call failed' (see attached image for full information). These errors occurred when selecting 'Programs and...
  10. Remote Procedure Call (2)

in Windows 10 Support
    Remote Procedure Call (2): Ever since downloading the updates for 10130 on my Surface Pro 3 (after a clean install) the Service Host: Remote Procedure Call is going crazy, running constantly at 50%+ CPU, as a result of which the device is constantly running hot and battery life is now barely 2 hours!!...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 hang when service host remote procedure calls spike

2. remote procedure call freezes Taskbar windows 10