Windows 10: Windows 10 PC Apepars to have ransomware encryption now. All files have extension .4hscojk5hx

Discus and support Windows 10 PC Apepars to have ransomware encryption now. All files have extension .4hscojk5hx in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; All, In need of help here. I believe my PC has been infected with a ransomware. Not totally sure though. No one ever tried to ask for a... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by ApolloOGA, May 16, 2020.

1. ApolloOGA Win User

Windows 10 PC Apepars to have ransomware encryption now. All files have extension .4hscojk5hx

All,

In need of help here. I believe my PC has been infected with a ransomware. Not totally sure though. No one ever tried to ask for a ransom. I can still use the PC and no pop up ever presented themselves asking for $$.

One morning I logged into my computer and suddenly my original 'Admin' account was logged in. I never use that. I logged into the PC with my other admin accountdomain server acct and noticed that all my personal files now had the extension '.4hscojk5hx'. they seem to be encrypted. I can not open any of them.

I can't find that extension anywhere on the internet

Windows seems to work fine and I did not receive any ransomware pop up or requests for $$$

I tried the Offline Windows Defender on a USB stick, but it will not run. I just get the fault: "Windows Defender Offline cannot be started - Drive may be missing or encrypted... Error Code 0x8004cc01

Tried the Kaspersky Decrypto, but it just says that it is an unsupported file type. The extension does not seem to be on their list.

I removed the network connection pretty quick and was going to try a couple more decryption tools from Bit Defender - they seem to have a good list of them, but there are so many, not sure where to start.

Any help would be wonderful.

Apollo

:)

ApolloOGA, May 16, 2020

2. Filed encrypted by Tor ransomware

More information is needed to determine specifically what infection you are dealing with since there are many variants of crypto malware (file encrypting ransomware).
    RSA-4096 / RSA-2048 / RSA-1024 / AES-256 / AES-128 are
    encryption algorithms
    and not an explicit way of identifying a particular ransomware infection.

Are there any obvious file extensions appended to or with your encrypted data files (i.e. several random hexadecimal characters, words or email addresses)? If so, is the extension the same for each encrypted file or is it different?

What is the actual name of your ransom note? These infections are created to alert victims that their data has been encrypted and demand a ransom payment. Check your documents folder for an image the malware typically uses for the background note. Check the
    C:\ProgramData (or C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data) for a randomly named
    .html, .txt, .png, .bmp, .url file. Most ransomware will also drop a ransom note in every directory/affected folder where data has been encrypted.

The best way to identify the different ransomwares is the ransom note (including it's name), the malware file itself, any obvious extensions appended to the encrypted files, samples of those encrypted files and information related to the email address used
    by the cyber-criminals.

You can submit samples of encrypted files and ransom notes to ID Ransomware for
    assistance with identification and confirmation. This is a service that helps identify what ransomware may have encrypted your files and then attempts to direct you to an appropriate support topic where you can seek further
    assistance. Uploading both encrypted files and ransom notes together provides a more positive match and helps to avoid false detections.

After gathering that information, please read and follow the instructions below.

quietman7 - MVP, May 16, 2020
  3. Files encrypted by TeslaCrypt (.vvv extension) ransomware

You're computer is infected with a newer variant of
    TeslaCrypt/Alpha Crypt

The following is a copy/paste of another reply of quietman7 MS MVP in another Bleeping Computer thread:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/598923/cryptolocker-telsadecoder/

You are dealing with a newer variant of
    TeslaCrypt/Alpha Crypt
    . TeslaCrypt includes several known versions with various extensions for encrypted files to include: .ecc, .ezz, .exx, .zzz, .xyz, .aaa, .abc, .ccc., .vvv...as described

here
    . Some of the new variants are
    disguised as CryptoWall

Any files that are encrypted with the newer variant of TeslaCrypt will have the
    .exx, .xyz, .zzz, .aaa,
    .abc, .ccc or .vvv extension appended to the end of the filename. The .aaa/.abc/.ccc/.vvv variants leave .html, .txt, files (ransom notes) with names like RECOVERY_FILE_*****.txt, restore_files_*****.txt, recover_file_*****.txt,
    HOWTO_RESTORE_FILES_*****.txt, howto_recover_file_*****.txt, _how_recover_*****.txt, how_recover+***.txt (where * are random characters). More information in these BC news articles:

A repository of all current knowledge regarding TeslaCrypt,
    Alpha Crypt and newer variants is provided by
    Grinler
    (aka
    Lawrence Abrams
    ), in this topic:
    TeslaCrypt and Alpha Crypt Ransomware Information Guide and FAQ

Information about and support for decrypting files affected by Alpha Crypt & TeslaCrypt ransomware can be found in this topic:

There is an ongoing discussion in this topic where you can ask questions and seek further assistance.

Rather than have everyone start individual topics, it would be best (and more manageable for staff) if you posted any questions, comments or requests for assistance in that topic discussion. Doing that will also ensure you receive proper assistance from
    our crypto malware experts since they may not see this thread.

UNQUOTE

===================================================================

Also please see the replies of
    RickCP

here:
    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/protect_defender-protect_scanning/files-encrypted-by-teslacrypt-ransomware/77b05496-fb09-4e01-ab36-db92213dd825?page=2&msgId=c26b605a-420f-40bc-9541-584492bab180

and

here:
    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/mse-protect_scanning/ransomhtmltescryptd/163bb48e-4932-4296-bc0c-18e25732e2a8?msgId=db3497db-8c32-4241-9c9c-4e08bf793457

Cheers,

J

Later EDIT: Pls see RickCP's UPDATED INFO (January 2016) here:
    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/protect_defender-protect_scanning/files-encrypted-by-teslacrypt-vvv-extension/77b05496-fb09-4e01-ab36-db92213dd825?page=2&msgId=0c010b83-a5a8-441f-8950-a268dd83ea18

Jsssssssss, May 16, 2020
  4. Windows 10 PC Apepars to have ransomware encryption now. All files have extension .4hscojk5hx

Files encrypted by Extension (.ghfghfghfgh) ransomware

Globe Ransomware will leave files (ransom notes) named How to restore files.hta but it uses a different extension so you may be dealing with a new variant or something entirely new.

I suggest you read and follow these instructions...How to Post a Topic Asking for Help With
    Ransomware

Samples of any encrypted files, ransom notes or suspicious executables (installer, malicious files, attachments) that you suspect were involved in causing the infection can be submitted
    here with a link to the new topic you start asking for assistance. Doing that will be helpful with
    analyzing and investigating by our crypto experts.

These are some
    common folder variable
    locations malicious executables and .dlls hide:

%SystemDrive%\ (C:\)

%SystemRoot%\ (C:\Windows, %WinDir%\)

%Temp%\

%AllUserProfile%\

%UserProfile%\

%AppData%\

%LocalAppData%\

%ProgramData%\

quietman7 - MVP, May 16, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 PC Apepars to have ransomware encryption now. All files have extension .4hscojk5hx

1. Windows 10 PC Apepars to have ransomware encryption now. All files have extension .4hscojk5hx - Similar Threads - Apepars ransomware encryption

2. Files encrypted by ransomware

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Files encrypted by ransomware: ATTENTION! Don't worry, you can return all your files! All your files like pictures, databases, documents and other important are encrypted with strongest encryption and unique key. The only method of recovering files is to purchase decrypt tool and unique key for you. This...
  3. Ransomware attack. All files have .hoop extension and will not open.

Ransomware attack. All files have .hoop extension and will not open.: Split from this thread.Hello Sir,Yesterday ransomware attacked my PC and it affected, my all files including my Excel files got " .hoop" extension and did not openI have very important data on my all files, can you please guide me on how can i decrypt my Excel files...
  4. All files encrypted by .vyb extension

All files encrypted by .vyb extension: Hello, When i was browsing my drive i found out that all of my files are changed to .vyb extension and there was a doecument asking for money:- All your files have been encrypted with MARS Virus. Your unique id: 3F393ECDA3C94C76AE1100E0103D64D2 Our virus encrypted 12590...
  5. All files encrypted by .contactus file extension

All files encrypted by .contactus file extension: Can you please help me all of my school documents are now encrypted by .contactus extension There was a readme.txt document which was not encrypted it had a message asking for $600 of ransom by bitcoin here is the message. note: !!!RESTORE_FILES!!! All your...
  6. Files encrypted by ransomware

Files encrypted by ransomware: Split from this thread. Cumulative updates - February 11th 2020 hi i have a problem on my computer i got a message that reads like this: ATTENTION! Don't worry, you can return all your files! All your files like photos, databases, documents and other important are...
  7. method of recovering files - encrypted and have the extension: .JIASIHDVL

in Windows 10 Customization
    method of recovering files - encrypted and have the extension: .JIASIHDVL: how do I recover my all files including video, pdfs ? . these files are now encrypted and have the extension: .JIASIHDVL. Every folder containd a text document of JIASIHDVL-MANUAL which contains the following message ---= GANDCRAB V5.2 =---...
  8. Files encrypted by (.ACFJKSO extension) ransomware

Files encrypted by (.ACFJKSO extension) ransomware: Dear Team, I am facing an issue with my windows 10 PC that some of my documents are renamed with '.ACFJKSO' extension. If I am trying to rename the file nothing is happening. From these symptoms I realized that it is a Torjan- Ransom like CBT- Locker. Does any one have a...
  9. All files got encrypted by Gandcrab ransomware

All files got encrypted by Gandcrab ransomware: i got affected with Gandcrab ransomware .All my files are encrypted by the ransomware .So could you help me out from this. all the files are encrypted and have the extension: .VSBCZPFRJG Cant open any file Below is the message given by the Ransomware :...
  10. All files encrypted by bip ransomware

All files encrypted by bip ransomware: Files encrypted by Trojan Ransom. All file folders encrypted by the Bip Ransomware. I need Decryption tools. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/protect_other-protect_scanning-windows_7/all-files-encrypted-by-bip-ransomware/91e1dd17-9762-431e-bd55-79b7501662fe