Windows 10: Windows 10 PC boots to a blue screen that just has the buttons troubleshoot, and shutdown

Discus and support Windows 10 PC boots to a blue screen that just has the buttons troubleshoot, and shutdown in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have an HP all-in-one that has windows 10 on it, and one day when booting up, the pc took me to a blue page that only has two buttons. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by NicolasCardenass, Feb 23, 2021.

1. Windows 10 PC boots to a blue screen that just has the buttons troubleshoot, and shutdown

I have an HP all-in-one that has windows 10 on it, and one day when booting up, the pc took me to a blue page that only has two buttons. The troubleshoot option only has: windows startup repair, command prompt, uninstall updates, UEFI firmware settings, system restore and system image recovery. I tinkered with all the options, uninstalling recent updates, system restore and all, and its still the same. It just boots into the same option menu. No error message or anything.

:)

NicolasCardenass, Feb 23, 2021
  2. Remon Ont Win User

Startup Blue Screen

Hi Jon,

Startup blue screen error(s) can occur if a problem causes your PC to shut down or restart unexpectedly. It could be due to the following:

• Outdated device software drivers
    • Corrupted Windows update system files
    • Software/Security conflicts

We would like to know some information:

• Did you get any blue screen stop error codes?
    • Have you tried booting in Safe mode?

We suggest that you check this
    article
    about troubleshooting blue screen errors and follow the troubleshooting steps provided there.

We will wait for your response

Remon Ont, Feb 23, 2021
  3. Jaune Bel Win User
    Windows 10 Blue Screen Of Death Loop

Hi,

Blue screen errors are usually caused by outdated graphics drivers or system performances that can't be handled by it. We'd like to know more information about this issue so we could provide an accurate resolution. Kindly answer the following:

• Have you made any changes to your computer prior to this issue?
    • Have you tried booting your PC in safe mode? You can refer to this article for the steps on how to boot
      your PC in safe mode.

In the meantime, we suggest that you go to this link and follow the steps to
    Troubleshoot blue screen errors

We'll be waiting for your response.

Jaune Bel, Feb 23, 2021
  4. Kem Mon Win User

Windows 10 PC boots to a blue screen that just has the buttons troubleshoot, and shutdown

Blue screen and stop code

Hi
    Jeferis,

There are a lot of factors for this matter to occur. To isolate the issue, we have some questions for you:

• What activity have you done to
      trigger the NTFS and FAT FILE SYS loop?

• were there any error messages?

• What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

It is possible that the
    Boot
    Sequence were corrupted by the previous activity which
    triggered the Blue Screen Error and the loop. We recommend that you perform these
    suggested troubleshooting
    and see if there are any changes:

Startup Repair.

To access the
    Startup Repair Screen, turn off the
    PC 3-4 times(force shutdown),
    while on the Blue screen Error. This will route you to the
    Startup repair screen:

Advanced Boot Options > click Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Command Prompt

and run the following command:

Run SFC Scan:  

SFC
    will
    scan
    and
    run
    an
    automatic repair
    to any
    corrupted system files
    that it will detect. We suggest that you perform it twice. To run an
    SFC scan, follow these steps:  

• Run
      Command Prompt as Administrator.  

• Type
      sfc /scannow
      and hit
      Enter.   

Boot Record:

This will fix the corruptions on
    boot records or boot
    sequence. To run this command, follow these steps:

• Run
      Command Prompt as Administrator.

• Type the following command:  

• Bootrec /fixMBR  

• Bootrec /fixBoot

• Bootrec /rebuildBCD

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Feb 23, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 PC boots to a blue screen that just has the buttons troubleshoot, and shutdown

1. Windows 10 PC boots to a blue screen that just has the buttons troubleshoot, and shutdown - Similar Threads - boots blue screen

2. My pc shutdown not normally with a blue screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pc shutdown not normally with a blue screen: Hi.i had a bunch of problems with my pc lately, after some time it shutdown with a blue screen, every time is the same, and i dont know why. i searched on the event viewer and founded a the last critical error that shutted down my pc....
  3. My pc shutdown not normally with a blue screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My pc shutdown not normally with a blue screen: Hi.i had a bunch of problems with my pc lately, after some time it shutdown with a blue screen, every time is the same, and i dont know why. i searched on the event viewer and founded a the last critical error that shutted down my pc....
  4. Blue Screen Troubleshooting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue Screen Troubleshooting: I've been having seemingly random blue screens while working and also while my system is locked at night. Started 4/23/22.I uploaded the minidump folder, and .nfo file here.https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/162T5YrPNszksndoPvkuVIQIshriBv8hP?usp=sharingLet me know if you...
  5. Blue Screen Troubleshooting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blue Screen Troubleshooting: I've been having seemingly random blue screens while working and also while my system is locked at night. Started 4/23/22.I uploaded the minidump folder, and .nfo file here.https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/162T5YrPNszksndoPvkuVIQIshriBv8hP?usp=sharingLet me know if you...
  6. Blue Screen Troubleshooting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. blue screen troubleshoot

blue screen troubleshoot: hello, please help me to fixed troubleshoot problem I try everything I see on the internet to fixed this problem but none of it work. my laptop always run the same problem such as: stopcode: SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION stopcode: DPC WATCHDOG VIOLATION AND OTHERS BTW IM USING...
  8. Blue screen troubleshooting

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Blue screen troubleshooting: There was an update lately, after which my system just not getting started. Then there was a blue screen showing that my device ran into a problem and need to restart. Which i do...but cannot get through it . Then it shows that there is a stopcode problem and my stopcode is...
  9. Troubleshoot blue screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Troubleshoot blue screen: I just downloaded an update fir win10 i think version was 1903 It showed me an option of restarting the laptop i did the same.....after it was restarting it could repoen and showed me a blue screem saying your pc ran into a problem and started the automatic startup repair...
  10. Blue Screen on Shutdown

Blue Screen on Shutdown: Hi so I was shutting down my PC for tonight when all the sudden I got a blue screen. So I ran Who Crashed on reboot and I got this error. nt_wrong_symbols.sys KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED I was able to successfully able to shutdown a second time with no issue. Oddly...