Windows 10: Windows 10 PC broken

Discus and support Windows 10 PC broken in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So I am honestly at my wits end and I just dont know what to do anymore.For Starters, I have an Alienware Dell PC.AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8- Core... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Amerieee, Jul 28, 2021.

1. Amerieee Win User

Windows 10 PC broken

So I am honestly at my wits end and I just dont know what to do anymore.For Starters, I have an Alienware Dell PC.AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8- Core ProcessorAMD Radeon RX 570016 GB Memory256 GB SSD/ 1 TB StorageTouchSo today morning I did a gravious mistake and decided to update my drivers through CCleaner.And since then, my windows is broken.This shows through:- I cannot open many applications anymore Like Steam or musicbee- I cannot access the D: Harddrive. Sometimes it works and I can enter it, but then it shows only some of the files , and when I try to move or copy something, the PC stops respo

:)

Amerieee, Jul 28, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 28, 2021
  3. CK011885 Win User
    Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Jul 28, 2021
  4. r.h.p Win User

Windows 10 PC broken

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

What's your intended PC specs ??

r.h.p, Jul 28, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 PC broken

1. Windows 10 PC broken - Similar Threads - broken

2. Broken script for blocking IP addresses in firewall rule.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Broken script for blocking IP addresses in firewall rule.: Hi there, I am trying to run a powershell script that I got using chat gpt. The script is supposed to block a range of ip addresses from a text document and create a block rule in windows defender firewall.The script runs it and creates the rule, but the rule has no details...
  3. Broken script for blocking IP addresses in firewall rule.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Broken script for blocking IP addresses in firewall rule.: Hi there, I am trying to run a powershell script that I got using chat gpt. The script is supposed to block a range of ip addresses from a text document and create a block rule in windows defender firewall.The script runs it and creates the rule, but the rule has no details...
  4. Why is my command prompt's colors broken?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my command prompt's colors broken?: So when I do in command prompt Windows Terminal for example color 4 which is red it sets color for blue, BUT when I do color 1 which is blue, It gets like a bit darker blue? I guess. It isn't inverted, its fkd. up. How can that even happen?? And how to fix it? i can't find...
  5. Why is my command prompt's colors broken?

Why is my command prompt's colors broken?: So when I do in command prompt Windows Terminal for example color 4 which is red it sets color for blue, BUT when I do color 1 which is blue, It gets like a bit darker blue? I guess. It isn't inverted, its fkd. up. How can that even happen?? And how to fix it? i can't find...
  6. is my ssd broken?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    is my ssd broken?: follow up question to this previous question of mine "https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_11-files/deleted-files-keep-coming-back-after-restart/c9312d13-0ead-4b90-b92b-5380b198d997?tm=1713190863753 " i'm asking here since i doubt i'll find real answers...
  7. is my ssd broken?

is my ssd broken?: follow up question to this previous question of mine "https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_11-files/deleted-files-keep-coming-back-after-restart/c9312d13-0ead-4b90-b92b-5380b198d997?tm=1713190863753 " i'm asking here since i doubt i'll find real answers...
  8. Will upgrading to 11 with a possibly broken CMOS battery be bad?

Will upgrading to 11 with a possibly broken CMOS battery be bad?: So, I think my CMOS battery is messed up although it seems to only be effecting the clock, and I am curious about this thought. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/will-upgrading-to-11-with-a-possibly-broken-cmos/f3d3895c-ebfa-4506-85f4-e6d69fdd3a00
  9. Can updating BIOs with broken CMOS be fatal?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can updating BIOs with broken CMOS be fatal?: So, I think my CMOS battery is messed up although it seems to only be effecting the clock, and I am curious about this thought. I got an automatic BIOS update on my HP laptop months ago, and recently my CMOS was likely messed up. Someone said that trying to upgrade with a...
  10. Will upgrading to 11 with a possibly broken CMOS battery be bad?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Will upgrading to 11 with a possibly broken CMOS battery be bad?: So, I think my CMOS battery is messed up although it seems to only be effecting the clock, and I am curious about this thought. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/will-upgrading-to-11-with-a-possibly-broken-cmos/f3d3895c-ebfa-4506-85f4-e6d69fdd3a00