Windows 10: Windows 10 pc cannot reset

Discus and support Windows 10 pc cannot reset in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Im trying to reset my pc but keep the files but when I click on it and tries to reset, after a while it shows me a message that I cannot do this since... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by peter203, Oct 17, 2020.

1. peter203 Win User

Windows 10 pc cannot reset

Im trying to reset my pc but keep the files but when I click on it and tries to reset, after a while it shows me a message that I cannot do this since there is some kind of problem and unable to install. this is due to a virus that edits settings on a pc, its called browsermodifier, and I would like to know what settings it changed in registry editor or anywhere else so that I actually can reset this pc but keep personal files. I hope someone can help me. Thanks.

:)

peter203, Oct 17, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 17, 2020
  3. CK011885 Win User
    Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Oct 17, 2020
  4. Windows 10 pc cannot reset

can i reset my pc from the os after downloadind windows 10 from the website

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you to resolve this issue.

Yes, you can reset the pc from windows 10 after updating I suggest you to refer the steps given below.

• To go start.

• Go to Settings.

• Click on Update & security.

• Click on Reset this PC.

I suggest you to refer the below link and follow the steps for reset pc and refer the options.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/windows-10-recovery-options

Hope this information is helpful. For any further assistance on Windows, feel free to post your query on Microsoft Community Forum.

Thank you.

Rajeshwari_Patil, Oct 17, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 pc cannot reset

1. Windows 10 pc cannot reset - Similar Threads - cannot reset

2. Cannot access pc reset functions from laptop that has blank black screen upon start up.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot access pc reset functions from laptop that has blank black screen upon start up.: I have a laptop with Windows 10 currently installed and recently have down a game from Steam. When I went to turn my laptop on this morning it went through the booting process normally showing that the screen does work. However, after going through that process it would go to...
  3. Cannot access pc reset functions from laptop that has blank black screen upon start up.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot access pc reset functions from laptop that has blank black screen upon start up.: I have a laptop with Windows 10 currently installed and recently have down a game from Steam. When I went to turn my laptop on this morning it went through the booting process normally showing that the screen does work. However, after going through that process it would go to...
  4. Cannot access pc reset functions from laptop that has blank black screen upon start up.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Problems with PC Crashing into recovery mode and cannot Reset PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems with PC Crashing into recovery mode and cannot Reset PC: Recently, i built my first PC but unfortunately i have faced some issues, at first i couldnt boot the PC at all when trying to use a USB 3.0 for my windows installation media however, after having cleaning that initial installation in Command Prompt and trying to use a USB...
  6. Problems with PC Crashing into recovery mode and cannot Reset PC

Problems with PC Crashing into recovery mode and cannot Reset PC: Recently, i built my first PC but unfortunately i have faced some issues, at first i couldnt boot the PC at all when trying to use a USB 3.0 for my windows installation media however, after having cleaning that initial installation in Command Prompt and trying to use a USB...
  7. Problems with PC Crashing into recovery mode and cannot Reset PC

8. I cannot reset my pc due to corrupt files, What to do?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot reset my pc due to corrupt files, What to do?: Just 2 days ago, I got the Kernrl security check failure and since then i have noticed some apps not working, investigating further i found their folders were fully corrupted.Today i tried to use sfc /scannow nope it didnt work, it couldnt even complete the scan as it is...
  9. I cannot reset my pc due to corrupt files, What to do?

I cannot reset my pc due to corrupt files, What to do?: Just 2 days ago, I got the Kernrl security check failure and since then i have noticed some apps not working, investigating further i found their folders were fully corrupted.Today i tried to use sfc /scannow nope it didnt work, it couldnt even complete the scan as it is...
  10. Cannot Reset Windows

Cannot Reset Windows: I had a bit of a problem when attempting to recover files from a laptop SSD on my main PC. The laptop's SSD had a S.M.A.R.T. error before boot, then the laptop booted on the second drive. I took the SSD to my PC to see if I could access the files, but Windows File Explorer...