Windows 10: Windows 10 PC can't access other Windows 10 PC files Through Network Sharing

Discus and support Windows 10 PC can't access other Windows 10 PC files Through Network Sharing in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I've updated my two main PCs to Windows 10 and now they cannot access each other files. I have no problem accessing my Windows 7 PC, the problem only... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Upgrayedd777, Nov 14, 2018.

1. Windows 10 PC can't access other Windows 10 PC files Through Network Sharing

I've updated my two main PCs to Windows 10 and now they cannot access each other files. I have no problem accessing my Windows 7 PC, the problem only exist between the two Win 10 PCs. All of my PCs are connected to a private network with windows defender.

I have already changed the following to Automatic (Delayed Start).:

- Function Discovery Provider Host

- Function Discovery Resource Publication

- SSDP Discovery

- UPnP Device Host

The problem persisted even after performing Network Reset on both Win 10 PCs. I also tried renaming all of my PCs and yet, no change. I still can only access my Win 7 PC.

:)

Upgrayedd777, Nov 14, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 14, 2018
  3. CK011885 Win User
    Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Nov 14, 2018
  4. r.h.p Win User

Windows 10 PC can't access other Windows 10 PC files Through Network Sharing

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

What's your intended PC specs ??

r.h.p, Nov 14, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 PC can't access other Windows 10 PC files Through Network Sharing

1. Windows 10 PC can't access other Windows 10 PC files Through Network Sharing - Similar Threads - can't access files

2. Windows 10 Pro PC not accessible by other PC's on private network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Pro PC not accessible by other PC's on private network: Purchased a PC running windows 10pro operating system, the computer is connected to my home network.Computer details:User name: Mazda CarnagePermission: AdministratorNetwork description: HomeNetwork Name: WorkgroupComputer names:Carnage-box1 :Win XP 64 Pro all updates sp2...
  3. Windows 10 Pro PC not accessible by other PC's on private network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Pro PC not accessible by other PC's on private network: Purchased a PC running windows 10pro operating system, the computer is connected to my home network.Computer details:User name: Mazda CarnagePermission: AdministratorNetwork description: HomeNetwork Name: WorkgroupComputer names:Carnage-box1 :Win XP 64 Pro all updates sp2...
  4. Windows 10 Pro PC not accessible by other PC's on private network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. W10 network cannot access shared drives on other PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    W10 network cannot access shared drives on other PC: I have a number of networked W10 PCs at home. I can access shared folders on each PC, but cannot access entire shared drives on each PC. Any ideas? I have done all the troubleshooting checks that are ever mentioned here and elsewhere, many times. I do not, and have never, run...
  6. Windows 10 Network not accessing network pc's

Windows 10 Network not accessing network pc's: We have 2 new Lenovo Thinkpad T490s laptops. Built identically with Windows 10 Pro Version 21H1.PC 1 : accesses all networked PC's correctly - see below : OAK-THINKPAD-TPC2 : only accesses the local networked PC - see below : OAK-THINKPAD-T2The only major difference between...
  7. Network Sharing - Unable to share the files on my pc with others on the network

Network Sharing - Unable to share the files on my pc with others on the network: Hello, I am trying to set up my PC for file sharing across the network at my work. I have changed all of my settings to allow network sharing but whenever someone else tries to access it says access denied I have allowed permissions to everyone while trying to set it up and...
  8. Accessing files in Network Sharing PC

Accessing files in Network Sharing PC: After Windows 10 May 2019 update, my access to files on my other network-connected computers has been limited. I can access the files using Quick Access and change to the desired folders but if I open Internet Explorer and try to open a file, the other computer is identified...
  9. New Windows 10 PC: credentials to access others on network

New Windows 10 PC: credentials to access others on network: Hi, I'm setting up a new Windows 10 Home Premium PC and I have it connected to my router with an Ethernet cable. I have my old Windows 7 machine also connected to the router with a cable. When I try to access the Win7 PC from the Win10 PC, I'm asked to Enter network...
  10. Windows 10 PC can't see other shares in Workgroup

Windows 10 PC can't see other shares in Workgroup: We set up our small business network as a Workgroup awhile ago with all Windows XP computers. Some have been since upgraded to Windows 7, others to Windows 10. The most important issue is a folder on an XP machine that all others in the network need to be able to access....