Windows 10: Windows 10 PC cant factory reset.

Discus and support Windows 10 PC cant factory reset. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; My windows 10 PC will get to 65% every time I attempt to reformat/wipe my PC then will say 'there was a problem resetting your PC. No changes were... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by -Reuben, Dec 1, 2019.

1. -Reuben Win User

Windows 10 PC cant factory reset.

My windows 10 PC will get to 65% every time I attempt to reformat/wipe my PC then will say 'there was a problem resetting your PC. No changes were made.' and take me back to my normal desktop. Any way I can fix this?

specs on the off chance it helps:

GTX 1070

I7 7700 @ 3.6

16gb ram

Cheers

:)

-Reuben, Dec 1, 2019
  2. IggSter Win User

How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Dec 1, 2019
  3. factory reset will wipe the data in PC?

Hello,

I realize that you are trying to perform a factory reset to the computer. We will help you.

• How are you trying to perform a factory reset in your computer?
    • What issue are you facing to perform a factory reset?
    I suggest you to perform a recovery with keep my files in Windows 10.

Recovery options in Windows 10.

Keep my files

What it does

• Reinstalls Windows 10 and keeps your personal files.

• Removes apps and drivers you installed.

• Removes changes you made to settings.

• Removes any apps your PC manufacturer installed. (If your PC came with Windows 10, apps from your PC manufacturer will be reinstalled.)

Refer:
    Recovery options in Windows 10

To Reset you’re PC,

* On your login screen, hold Shift button,
    then right click on Power button and select
    Restart

* Select Troubleshoot> Reset this PC > Keep my files.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Sachin Venkatesh, Dec 1, 2019
  4. AndreePin Win User

Windows 10 factory reset

Hi Charlie,

We can see here that you are having issues with doing a factory reset on your Windows 10. There are several factors
    why you get the said error and that's what we are going to figure out. To isolate this concern, may we know the following:

• Any changes made on the computer prior to this concern?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • May we know the reason why you want to perform a factory reset?
    • Did you experience any issues on the computer before you tried performing a factory reset?

AndreePin, Dec 1, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 PC cant factory reset. - Similar Threads - cant factory reset

2. i cant factory reset my pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i cant factory reset my pc: yesterday my brother gave me his old laptop and after downloading a few stuff i realised he used most the storage so i removed his account hoping to free up the storage but that didn't do it so then i went and tried to uninstall everything individually but i couldn't...
  3. i cant factory reset my pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i cant factory reset my pc: yesterday my brother gave me his old laptop and after downloading a few stuff i realised he used most the storage so i removed his account hoping to free up the storage but that didn't do it so then i went and tried to uninstall everything individually but i couldn't...
  4. i cant factory reset my pc

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. cant factory reset or sign in

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    cant factory reset or sign in: Hello, I just bought a new cpu that I've been trying to upgrade to, I havent put the new cpu in yet as I need to do a full reset, but my computer will not let me and now it wont let me sign in, everytime I try to do a reset my computer goes halfway through the process then...
  6. cant factory reset or sign in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cant factory reset or sign in: Hello, I just bought a new cpu that I've been trying to upgrade to, I havent put the new cpu in yet as I need to do a full reset, but my computer will not let me and now it wont let me sign in, everytime I try to do a reset my computer goes halfway through the process then...
  7. cant factory reset or sign in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Cant Factory reset pc fully

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cant Factory reset pc fully: Hi I've been trying to wipe my pc but every time I do I don't get a option to wipe my drive when I click remove everything it says do not clean the drive. is there any way to fix this...
  9. Cant Factory Reset PC

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cant Factory Reset PC: whenever i try to factory reset my PC it gets to 35% then stops giving me a blue menu with a bunch of options i press continue, I then sign back into my account then a blue square pops up saying that no changes were made. Please help if possible my pc runs so slow and i just...
  10. Windows 10 pc not factory resetting

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 pc not factory resetting: I went to factory reset my pc and i selected delete all files to completely remove everything and its been stuck saying “ preparing to reset this PC. It will restart automatically. 100%” For about 2 hours now as of this posting. Can anyone help me....