Windows 10: Windows 10 PC can't see other PCs on network, simple solution for 1903 build 18362.329

Discus and support Windows 10 PC can't see other PCs on network, simple solution for 1903 build 18362.329 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, This topic has been addressed in older threads for previous builds of Windows 10. Those threads are now locked. However in my case the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Alan Ioth, Sep 6, 2019.

1. Alan Ioth Win User

Windows 10 PC can't see other PCs on network, simple solution for 1903 build 18362.329

Hello,

This topic has been addressed in older threads for previous builds of Windows 10. Those threads are now locked.

However in my case the problem of PC visibility on a network has persisted to the latest update of Windows 10 1903 build 18362.329 (updated 09/05/2019), so I thought I'd post a simple solution that worked for me. Perhaps it will help someone else who is still having this problem.

In my case one of my PCs could not see the other PCs in the network, although those PCs could see it.

Some posts in the older locked threads mentioned verifying that the Function Discovery Resource Publication service is running and set to automatic:

However I noticed that the service was in fact running and set to automatic in all PCs.

So, for lack of any other ideas, I stopped the service on each PC, set it to automatic again (even if it was already automatic; some were manual), and restarted the service.

In the process of doing this, I started with the PC that could not see the others. When I stopped and re-started the service on that one, it could then see itself on the network but not the other PCs.

After stopping and starting the service on all the other PCs, they all became visible to the PC that originally had the problem. They were all still visible to each other.

Hope this is useful to somebody.

:)

Alan Ioth, Sep 6, 2019
  2. CK011885 Win User

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Sep 6, 2019
  3. r.h.p Win User
    Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

What's your intended PC specs ??

r.h.p, Sep 6, 2019
  4. Windows 10 PC can't see other PCs on network, simple solution for 1903 build 18362.329

Help needed with simple wired network

Step one- Connect all PC's to router, and then the router to the modem. PC's go to router by the ports labeled "1-4" on the back of the router. WAN port goes to router. Power up all network equipment, and then systems.
    Step two- Power on the computer connected to port one. Go into router settings at 192.168.0.1 and configure internet, dyndns, firewall, etc.
    Step three- Go to "network set up wizard" in windows. (Network places- network set up wizard). The rest is self explanatory.
    Step four- right click on each drive and printer you want to share, and then configure sharing preferences. Should be easy enough.
    Step five- right click my computer, and the select "map network drive". Using the network address for each piece of hardware you shared, assign network drive letters.

Congratulations, you have a fully operational network. Happy Gaming! *Toast :toast:

zekrahminator, Sep 6, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 PC can't see other PCs on network, simple solution for 1903 build 18362.329

1. Windows 10 PC can't see other PCs on network, simple solution for 1903 build 18362.329 - Similar Threads - can't PCs network

2. Windows 10 PCs can't see each other

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 PCs can't see each other: I have two PCs both running Windows 10 and ESET Antivirus and Firewall. When they are both on Network 1 they can see each other and share folders happily. Then, if I move them to Network 2 they can no longer see each other or share folders. The only change I make to both is...
  3. Windows 10 PCs can't see each other

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 PCs can't see each other: I have two PCs both running Windows 10 and ESET Antivirus and Firewall. When they are both on Network 1 they can see each other and share folders happily. Then, if I move them to Network 2 they can no longer see each other or share folders. The only change I make to both is...
  4. Windows 10 PCs can't see each other

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Networking problems- can't see other PCs

Networking problems- can't see other PCs: We have a home networking router Nighthawk 7000 setup with 3 PCs 2 are Win 10 Home, 1 is Win 7 Home connected with ethernet, two Win 10 Home laptops connected via wifi. Here is the current state of affairs, under Explorer>Network: The Dell Win 7 PC can see all shared...
  6. cannot see other pcs on network????

cannot see other pcs on network????: all of a sudden, i cannot see the other 2 pcs on my network, nor can they see me. i have win 10 64 home on all, all updates as of today, have made sure 2 Function services are started, and all SMB file sharing boxes are checked in windows programs and features. i even tried...
  7. Some network PCs not seeing each other

Some network PCs not seeing each other: I have 5 PCs on my network, all running Windows10. Some are connected to the router by ethernet, others by wifi: it doesn't seem to matter which. A, B and C can see all 5 including themselves. Both D and E can only see B and D. What could be stopping them seeing all five?...
  8. New Win 10 PCs cannot see other PCs on network

New Win 10 PCs cannot see other PCs on network: I have 4 computers on a local private network. Previously these were 2 Windows 10 laptops which had been upgraded from Windows 7, 1 Windows 7 desktop and 1 Linux desktop. At that time all 4 computers could see every computer on the network and were set up so each could share...
  9. PCs Can't See Each Other On A Network

PCs Can't See Each Other On A Network: Hi Our network has not been working properly for ages but we've coped. Now, however, I want to get it working as it should do. Our network comprises three PCs, our two main PCs and a spare which does get used on a regular basis. All are connected via ethernet cables and...
  10. Can't see inside other PCs on network

Can't see inside other PCs on network: I posted this originally in the Insiders section --but got no response -- so I'm reposting it here. I have a Win8.1 PC that I use as a file server, so I regularly connect to it, using "tried and true" accessing techniques that have worked fine for years. I set up the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win 10 pc cant see other win 10 pcs

2. my pc cxant see other pcs

3. network places in windows 10 build 1903 missing again