Windows 10: Windows 10, PC crash and reboots, error windows events "volmgr 106", any idea what it is?

Discus and support Windows 10, PC crash and reboots, error windows events "volmgr 106", any idea what it is? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have a PC of my girlfriend, and this PC is showing the following problem, in the windows event .. Error: volmgr ID: 106 and then it restarts. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by FernandoGommez, Jun 24, 2020.

1. Windows 10, PC crash and reboots, error windows events "volmgr 106", any idea what it is?

I have a PC of my girlfriend, and this PC is showing the following problem, in the windows event ..

Error: volmgr

ID: 106

and then it restarts.

I have already performed the following tests:

Testmem5

Aida64

Cinebench

Prime95

for several hours and no errors.

However, when watching videos on Youtube, VLC Media Player the PC restarts, without warning and without Blue Screen BSOD

I can spend several hours playing that I have no problems, no stuttering or FPS drops

However, when the PC is idle, it crashes and restarts.

Youtube or any other video player, VLC, Windows Media .. etc .. crash and restarts

I already checked HD and it's Ok, Good Life.

Memory no error even because I can play for hours without any error

I have already reset bios, and executed everything in stock, and even so it continues.

I wanted another solution before trying to re-install windows.

Specs:

Mobo: Gigabyte a320 s2h last bios

Ram: HyperX ddr4 8gb 2400mhz

CPU: Ryzen 3 3200g

GPU: Zotac GTX 950 2gb

PSU: 500w 80Plus Gamemax

I don't understand, I can spend several hours playing and it works normally ..

and when watching a 5 minute YouTube video it crashes and restarts.

Playing: Destiny 2, GTA V and all other games, it goes normal ..

:)

FernandoGommez, Jun 24, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 24, 2020
  3. prescient Win User
    volmgr error

after i disabled page files i have volmgr errors and i guess a short freeze or 2 to desktop. should i enable it again or the error will go away ?

prescient, Jun 24, 2020
  4. J-Cloud Win User

Windows 10, PC crash and reboots, error windows events "volmgr 106", any idea what it is?

Windows 10 Pro Startup - Event Log Error

Crash dump initialization failed!

Log Name: System

Source: volmgr

Event ID: 46

Level: Error

Event Log Online Help site cannot be found. What good is it? When is this going to be fixed?

I've seen proposed answers to this problem for Windows 7. What about the latest version of Windows 10?

Next steps?

J-Cloud, Jun 24, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10, PC crash and reboots, error windows events "volmgr 106", any idea what it is?

1. Windows 10, PC crash and reboots, error windows events "volmgr 106", any idea what it is? - Similar Threads - crash reboots error

2. Daily Crashes Event 162 Volmgr

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Daily Crashes Event 162 Volmgr: I have been having daily and sometimes multiple times per day crashes. In event viewer, it is listed as event 162 Volmgr. The error is listed as Dump file generation succeeded.Here is my latest dump file hopefully someone can provide insight.Furthermore, SFC scan now shows no...
  3. Daily Crashes Event 162 Volmgr

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Daily Crashes Event 162 Volmgr: I have been having daily and sometimes multiple times per day crashes. In event viewer, it is listed as event 162 Volmgr. The error is listed as Dump file generation succeeded.Here is my latest dump file hopefully someone can provide insight.Furthermore, SFC scan now shows no...
  4. Any Idea on what this error means?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Any Idea on what this error means?: So I just installed a new graphics card an 3080 12gb ROG strix Eva edition and the and my computer has begun to lock up and black screen then proceeds to restart. I'm not sure if it is defective or not. But for safe measure I removed it and now back to my original graphics...
  5. Any Idea on what this error means?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Any Idea on what this error means?: So I just installed a new graphics card an 3080 12gb ROG strix Eva edition and the and my computer has begun to lock up and black screen then proceeds to restart. I'm not sure if it is defective or not. But for safe measure I removed it and now back to my original graphics...
  6. Playing a game, PC froze and restarted. got this error in event viewer any ideas what the...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Playing a game, PC froze and restarted. got this error in event viewer any ideas what the...: The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000124 0x0000000000000000, 0xffffa80ccf919028, 0x00000000be000000, 0x0000000000800400. A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: d72c6739-5f56-48de-a3d7-d14b68cfb9c5....
  7. Any idea what's that.

Any idea what's that.: At shutdown or restarting my pc i get this error at the end Initialization failed because the driver device could not be created. Use the string "000000000100320000000000D71000C013010000250200C000000000000000000000000000000000" to identify the interface for which...
  8. Any idea what this is

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Any idea what this is: Not sure if this is the right place to post, but any help or suggestions welcome. anyone have any idea what this icon / application is? It flashes up for less than a second when i first boot up, sometime its so quick i don't even see it. It always appears just above the...
  9. Windows keeps crashing (Volmgr event 161)

Windows keeps crashing (Volmgr event 161): Hello everyone, Since a few days I have a lot of issues with my Windows 10 PC. When I'm using my PC it randomly restarts out of nowhere. I get no warning and I don't do heavy tasks when the error occurs. I don't think that there is a consistency either. For example I just...
  10. Error 106

in Windows 10 Support
    Error 106: I am trying to install an online game to the directory of C: .. However , I am getting error 106 which denotes that there's not enough space and/or there is no permission to the folder. i checked my windows 10 home premium hard disk space and it shows 190gb left out of...